PDA

View Full Version : Canada "Kid" Militia school project

35NCO
12-16-2014, 22:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V02PVMaaJfY#t=3667

One hell of a school project. Wow.

The range drills start around 49 minutes.

I see some real value here and I think the thinking is in the right place.

...Maybe I should have titled it "A different kind of school indoctrination program" or "A liberals worst nightmare"....or "Patriotism and service, the forgotten cause."

BryanK
12-17-2014, 08:18
'Merica!

Oh wait... :(

JJ_BPK
12-17-2014, 08:26
Long vid..

The topic of child warriors is not well received in most stable economies, but there is a place for being prepared.. This is over the negative threshold and would turn 85% of the population off,, BIG TIME. :munchin

Having said the negative,,, The Kids did a good job.. :lifter

Side-bar,, it's in Canada,, Guess their repressive gun law's have some flexibility?? :lifter

Now, if they would only listen to Al Gore and warm the upper 49th up a bit,, I'd visit..

Team Sergeant
12-17-2014, 10:11
Wow, this sure makes me happy, there's hope for Canada!

mugwump
12-17-2014, 14:51
Sorry, count me among the 85%. Frickin' bizarre.

Penn
12-18-2014, 02:33
Training with a lot of very good gear, it would seem no expense was spared; never the less, a bit strange for family engagement. I wonder if Dad was once a solider?

Team Sergeant
12-18-2014, 08:57
Sorry, count me among the 85%. Frickin' bizarre.

You live in the "Peoples Republic of Illinois" we expect that sort of opinion from the "Oppressed".

Here in "Free Arizona" that's just an everyday occurrence.

Barbarian
12-18-2014, 11:19
I liked it. So long as kids show proper respect, responsibility, and capability, it seems like a very good practice, to me.

I'd just bet that somebody on this forum has 14 kids that could embarrass the 101st.

mugwump
12-18-2014, 12:04
You live in the "Peoples Republic of Illinois" we expect that sort of opinion from the "Oppressed".

Here in "Free Arizona" that's just an everyday occurrence.

My kids are fully capable of taking care of themselves, thank you very much. This level of training in kids that age smacks of Honey Boo Boo "stage daddy." Parents who obsessively push dance classes, beauty contests, or Tier 1 training on their kids are whacko in my book. Specialization is for insects.

Team Sergeant
12-18-2014, 12:23
My kids are fully capable of taking care of themselves, thank you very much. This level of training in kids that age smacks of Honey Boo Boo "stage daddy." Parents who obsessively push dance classes, beauty contests, or Tier 1 training on their kids are whacko in my book. Specialization is for insects.

So if they made them great fishermen, readers, mathematicians etc you'd have a problem with that too?

"Specialization is for insects." (Thank you Robert Heinlein)

LOL, I'll make sure to tell that to the next nuclear physicist/ neurosurgeon I meet.

PedOncoDoc
12-18-2014, 12:29
Specialization is for insects.

I've got 3 legs, not 6. :p

35NCO
12-18-2014, 21:42
.... Frickin' bizarre.

Well, it's only "bizarre" because in modern western society it is no longer common to see such a thing. In the revolutionary war, the civil war, WWI and WWII there were some very young soldiers/sailor/marines/airmen ext. Its old thinking. In the earliest of times it was of necessity to serve, but in many cases there were kids that went out of their way to lie about their age to serve. From drummer boys to riflemen.

When I started the post my first edit was "good or bad?". Then I quickly changed my mind. It is good. Its good because it's a group of kids that understand patriotism and the basis-loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service and honor. Very importantly they strongly want to be something in life. A true sense of purpose, with the courage to speak out about it. They are apparently willing to work hard to get there as well. (The training they are doing is with local LEO's and Military Reserves Cadet training.)

As for the parents, obviously they are involved. Looking at how the kids are turning out and the way they articulate their ideas, I would say that what you are looking at are examples of excellent teachers. Something else very powerful that the video portrays in the ending message.

This is not fake or staged, it is what freedom is suppose to look like for old and youth, but has now become by all modern societal normalcy "bizarre".

Change the norm, be a good teacher.

mugwump
12-19-2014, 03:17
[/B][/COLOR]

So if they made them great fishermen, readers, mathematicians etc you'd have a problem with that too?

Yep, I would. Fourteen year olds solo sailing around the world, 12 yo girls with breaching/assaulting skills, ten year-olds on three traveling baseball teams with personal coaches...it all seems like obsessive parenting to me. But whatever floats your boat. It's better than doing drugs.

And the insect thing...I meant kids. Many of us specialize later in life. Maybe these militia kids really do have time to build a tree fort, play soccer, go camping, learn an instrument. Hope so.

FourteenSierra
12-19-2014, 08:28
That's just good stuff right there. The vibe from the kids betrays a well-rounded education; not just the shoot-em stuff. The mags being pinned at 5 rounds? Ugh. Just awful. I would love to see the good people of Canada work hard to change their laws to promote greater freedom. Of course, on second thought...will help them practice reload drills frequently. The video explains their access to other things (hockey and whatnot).

Truth-in-lending - my daughter started shooting at age 10, and still does from time to time in the warmer months; My son didn't express much interest after plinking in the back yard.

SF_BHT
12-19-2014, 08:56
Well, it's only "bizarre" because in modern western society it is no longer common to see such a thing. In the revolutionary war, the civil war, WWI and WWII there were some very young soldiers/sailor/marines/airmen ext. Its old thinking. In the earliest of times it was of necessity to serve, but in many cases there were kids that went out of their way to lie about their age to serve. From drummer boys to riflemen.

When I started the post my first edit was "good or bad?". Then I quickly changed my mind. It is good. Its good because it's a group of kids that understand patriotism and the basis-loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service and honor. Very importantly they strongly want to be something in life. A true sense of purpose, with the courage to speak out about it. They are apparently willing to work hard to get there as well. (The training they are doing is with local LEO's and Military Reserves Cadet training.)

As for the parents, obviously they are involved. Looking at how the kids are turning out and the way they articulate their ideas, I would say that what you are looking at are examples of excellent teachers. Something else very powerful that the video portrays in the ending message.

This is not fake or staged, it is what freedom is suppose to look like for old and youth, but has now become by all modern societal normalcy "bizarre".

Do not forget SPARTA. They started young and were not looked at as bizarre.

NurseTim
12-19-2014, 13:18
I think it's wonderful. It brings up an interesting point. Would you trade magazine capacity for NFA lengths? 5 round mags, but 10" barrels? That is a tough one.

Getting permission to go to the range? I wonder if there is a fee involved?

VVVV
12-19-2014, 15:28
Do not forget SPARTA. They started young and were not looked at as bizarre.

And....What a wonderful society they were!!

"As soon as a child was born in Sparta, the mother would wash it with wine, in order to make sure that it was strong. If the child was weak, it would die soon. Later it was brought by his father to the elders, who inspected carefully the newborn infant. If they found that the child was deformed or weakly, they threw it into Kaiada, the so called Apothetae, a chiasm at a cliff, of the mount Taygetos. "
http://www.sikyon.com/Sparta/agogi_eg.html

Where are they today???

Penn
12-19-2014, 23:37
Everyone who supports this, please post pic's of you and your children in full battle rattle doing drills.
As much as you may like the idea, I doubt very much that those who have faced the beast, would subject their children to this indoctrination.
Teaching you child a healthy respect for firearms is understood, subjecting them to a militia code is another.

mugwump
12-20-2014, 00:35
Well, it's only "bizarre" because in modern western society it is no longer common to see such a thing. In the revolutionary war, the civil war, WWI and WWII there were some very young soldiers/sailor/marines/airmen ext. Its old thinking. In the earliest of times it was of necessity to serve, but in many cases there were kids that went out of their way to lie about their age to serve.

<snip>

It's never been common to see children enrolled into immersive training for warfare outside of a raiding society such as the Lakota, Zulu, or Chiricahua. Even then the training was in the form of games, such as shoot-the-hoop, or sports.

You're saying the 17 year olds who answered the call in WWII were tier 1 ninjas? A percentage of the rural kids may have been trackers and good shots, but that was from putting meat on the table.

And yes, the Spartans were considered weird by their contemporaries. Mostly because they dedicated their whole society towards war yet were so reluctant to fight. And when they did fight it was often an unprovoked slaughter of an unprepared city--see Thebes. And it's interesting to note they were wiped out by the citizen-soldiers of Athens. See The Plains of Leuktra.

I'm sorry, this is bizarre, dressing little kids up in body armor and doing close-contact drills. Would you do this with your kids? Not me. How is this different from those Hamas wackos dressing their kids up in suicide belts and inculcating them to die for their people? Is that loyalty, duty, self-sacrifice and honor as well?

And I thought I was weird when I taught my 18 yo daughter the Mozambique drill.

Richard
12-20-2014, 01:03
Reminds me of the Giduck entrenching tool videos or the Spetznaz guys leaping through hoops of fire or the Islamowhomsoever we're training our youth for 'end times' stuff. They'd do well on ol' Bo's ranch in Idaho.

Richard