PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Special Forces Conducts Urban Training in North Texas

Team Sergeant
12-16-2014, 18:12
Dear NBCDFW.com,

There's no such unit called "U.S. Special Forces". There's only one unit called Special Forces and that's US Army Special Forces. Please get your head out of your asses.

You're welcome.

A Special Forces Sergeant (ret)

U.S. Special Forces Conducts Urban Training in North Texas
Tuesday, Dec 16, 2014 • Updated at 3:09 PM CST

If you think you've spotted low-flying black helicopters around Downtown Dallas in recent days, you likely have.

Twitter users reported seeing blacked-out helicopters flying in low, close formations with no lights.

Our partners at The Dallas Morning News checked and found out the helicopters were taking part in preparedness training for U.S. Special Forces Monday night.

The Morning News learned the training was necessary so that the they could get a feel for "realistic urban sites," according to the Dallas Police Department.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/US-Special-Forces-Conducts-Urban-Training-in-North-Texas-285934621.html

Peregrino
12-16-2014, 22:17
It isn't a US Army Special Forces unit. We have a "sporting" time getting the approvals required to do something like this processed.

Max_Tab
12-16-2014, 22:24
Wait till infowars gets on this. You'll hear about the U.S. military training to kill Americans.

Loadsmasher
12-17-2014, 13:25
It isn't a US Army Special Forces unit. We have a "sporting" time getting the approvals required to do something like this processed.

19th Group? Probably a few members with dual status as DPD. A lot easier to get approval when the guy who gives it is rooting around in your beer fridge.

Team Sergeant
12-17-2014, 14:15
19th Group? Probably a few members with dual status as DPD. A lot easier to get approval when the guy who gives it is rooting around in your beer fridge.

What part of "It isn't a US Army Special Forces unit." didn't you understand? :munchin

Peregrino
12-17-2014, 18:55
What part of "It isn't a US Army Special Forces unit." didn't you understand? :munchin

Unfortunately, even here, most people don't understand how specific the designation "US Army Special Forces" is.

Loadsmasher
12-18-2014, 11:43

My apologies, I interpreted (also known as ASSummed) the previous comment to mean that it could not be an ODA doing training due to the difficulties in getting approval. I didn't pick up on the incorrect blanket use of special forces that gets tossed around. SA fail on my part, thanks for the azimuth check.