PDA

View Full Version : No Blacklist Yet for Islamic State Banks

MtnGoat
11-13-2014, 16:26
No Blacklist Yet for Islamic State Banks

Why the United States isn't using its biggest financial weapon against banks in the Islamist militant group's territory.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/11/12/iraq_syria_blacklist_sanction_islamic_state_banks_ ISIS_IS

In June, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) militants inspired fear and awe when they swept into Iraq's second-biggest city, Mosul, and reports spread that they looted the city's banks and walked away with more than $400 million.

I just love this.. gee what is Mosul to the Iraqi's? That the first question that should be asked. Being the 2nd largest city in Iraq it just fell in less than a day? Really!!! Gee lets ask why this happen?

Mosul was or is the Ba'ath Party headquarters for all of Iraq. "The city of 1000 Offices," all of which is controlled by Ba'ath Party and "Bath Party Saddamites." But yet it just fell? Yeah yeah the Iraqi Well trained Army and Security Forces just left their posts because of ISIS/ISIL/IS. Yeah that sounds right, and the "Bath Party Saddamites" just let ISIL walk in and the city that was loyal to the Ba'ath Party all left.

ISIL and key terrorist financiers all have learned how to do things and how to act. ISIL is great because so many of their key leaders are Very Educated. Heck Mosul had the 2nd best University in Iraq and one of the top 10 in the AP. ISIL is Very educated is one of the reasons.

Team Sergeant
11-13-2014, 17:16
No Blacklist Yet for Islamic State Banks

Banks regulating banks? Kind of like asking a shark to kill and eat other sharks. When large amounts of money are at stake the banks just look the other way...... case in point Swiss banks taking billions from the Germans that they knew was stolen Jewish money. Personally I think we should just "target" a few of the islamic bankers and give them a dirt nap instead of attempting to force them to stop financing the islamic terror groups.

MtnGoat
11-14-2014, 07:13
Banks regulating banks? Kind of like asking a shark to kill and eat other sharks. When large amounts of money are at stake the banks just look the other way...... Personally I think we should just "target" a few of the islamic bankers and give them a dirt nap instead of attempting to force them to stop financing the islamic terror groups.

I agree on the dirt nap, seems more like US DOJ and DOT do "Things" with soft hands. Which IMO doesn't do a thing in the long run of it. Do what the IDF and Israeli Mossad does, DIRT NAPS!!