PDA

View Full Version : Tea

Air.177
12-14-2004, 23:00
Now that it is getting cold enough to really appreciate a nice warm beverage, who out there is a Tea drinker, and what kind do you prefer?

I personally like PG Tips in the morning
and either green or Red tea in the evening

Huey14
12-14-2004, 23:16
I drink Bell Tea, which is a New Zealand brand. Earl Gray isn't too bad, as long as it's not the poofy scented camamile strawberry mint cheese shit.

Air.177
12-14-2004, 23:28
poofy scented camamile strawberry mint cheese shit.
I don't think I want to know where you are shopping for tea if that is one of your choices

Bell eh? bound to be some store in town that carries it, hell I can find most anything else

Huey14
12-15-2004, 00:48
The Commonwealth is built on a foundation of tea.

.177, if you can't find it let me know and I'll send you over a box if you like.

alphamale
12-15-2004, 04:57
80% Oolong, 20% Jasmine!

That way it's mostly the good black Oolong flavor with just a hint of Jasmine.

Yum.

FrontSight

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-15-2004, 06:31
Up here in the Great Northern Forest we drink tea occassionally. But the primary purpose is to dry out the tea bags and use them as pillows for underpriviledged sparrows.

Jack Moroney

Air.177
12-15-2004, 08:35
The Commonwealth is built on a foundation of tea.

.177, if you can't find it let me know and I'll send you over a box if you like.

Wasn't that Tea AND Opium?

and no worries Huey, I'm sure shipping would cost more than a cup of tea is worth, but thanks anyway.

vsvo
12-15-2004, 09:55
Lipton at the office, jasmine at home. Occasionally Earl Grey with cream and sugar. Chrysanthemum with lotsa rock sugar for dim sum every once in a while.

brewmonkey
12-15-2004, 09:59
Earl Gray but only from a little shop called "The Queens Pantry" that is here in town. It is run by an Ex-Pat Brit who gets all his stuff from "home" as he says. They also carry the real Cadbury'chocolate and they also have shandy's.

Mostly is is coffee and until they restricted that it was usually a pot or three a day. Now it is a cup every other day and it is a muthaf#@ka!

Razor
12-15-2004, 10:19
Green tea sweetened with either honey or maple syrup (real stuff from New England--not that Aunt Jemima shit), or chai now and then. Speaking of tea, the Celestial Seasonings factory is in Boulder, CO. We visited last summer. Part of the factory tour is a stop in the storage room for their peppermint. Wow! The CS chamber has nothing on thousands of pounds of peppermint menthol for cleaning out the sinuses.

Air.177
12-15-2004, 10:21
CS (the tea company) makes the red tea that I usually drink, the Vanilla one with the lion on the front is the heat

NousDefionsDoc
12-15-2004, 11:32
Up here in the Great Northern Forest we drink tea occassionally. But the primary purpose is to dry out the tea bags and use them as pillows for underpriviledged sparrows.

Jack Moroney

:p

Jimbo
12-15-2004, 12:31
All you tea drinking dandies out there, if you're not drinking this: http://www.harney.com/ you are wasting your time.

The only reason I know about it is, it is located down the street from where I went to highschool.

Gypsy
12-15-2004, 12:57
I love Lyons Gold Label straight from Ireland.

Goggles Pizano
12-15-2004, 13:03
I'm a regular Lipton guy but I prefer mine flavored with hazelnut creamer.

Razor
12-15-2004, 14:02
All you tea drinking dandies out there, if you're not drinking this: http://www.harney.com/ you are wasting your time.

The only reason I know about it is, it is located down the street from where I went to highschool.

Who's more of a dandy--the guy drinking tea, or the tea snob? :)

vsvo
12-15-2004, 14:25
Earl Gray but only from a little shop called "The Queens Pantry" that is here in town. It is run by an Ex-Pat Brit who gets all his stuff from "home" as he says. They also carry the real Cadbury'chocolate and they also have shandy's.

Shandy - is that the sprite and beer mix? We have a brit shop like that around here, I go there because their cigars are cheaper than the tobacco shops.

Sweetbriar
12-15-2004, 19:26
Why would drinking tea make you a dandy, when in fact the black teas have a much higher caffeine concentration than coffee? You coffee wusses just can't handle the hard stuff, can ya? :p