PDA

View Full Version : Former Spec Ops Vets launch Operation Limitless Compassion

Gypsy
11-02-2014, 06:50
Has anyone heard about this...?

http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2014/10/us-special-operations-vets-launch.html?m=1

A group of former U.S. Special Operations Veterans have launched a crowdfunding campaign, Operation Limitless Compassion, to help the Kurds fight off ISIS terrorists in Iraq. Castle International, a world-wide air ambulance company founded and operated by former special operations volunteers, is leading the way to provide pro-U.S. Kurdish fighters with desperately needed humanitarian aid, medical training, medical supplies, and combat training. Recon teams from Castle International have already deployed to northern Iraq to offer direct assistance to Kurdish fighters and more will head to the region in November. Castle International has launched two crowdfunding sites to gather donations, GoFundMe and YouCaring.com, with a goal of raising $100,000 for the operation.

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 09:42
1) I can't imagine $100,000 would go very far at all

2) I vaguely recall legislation on "mercenaries", does this come into effect here?

S

Team Sergeant
11-02-2014, 09:58
1) I can't imagine $100,000 would go very far at all

2) I vaguely recall legislation on "mercenaries", does this come into effect here?

S

100k may not got far but just getting some SOF medics on the ground teaching medical skills and some teaching combat skills goes very very far........

What's that saying, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, but teach a man to fish.......;)

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 10:07
Leading to my second question...

Why in the fuck don't we have an SF company there right now....the kurds are the only fighting force in the area worth a damn....

Let me guess....Turkish / Russian / EU Geopolitics....?

S

Team Sergeant
11-02-2014, 10:13
Leading to my second question...

Why in the fuck don't we have a SF company there right now....the kurds are the only fighting force in the area worth a damn....

Let me guess....Turkish / Russian / UE Geopolitics....?

S

Yup politics, if we "officially" assist the Kurds we flip off the Turks..... remember we have bases in Turkey......

Screw the Russians, they can do whatever they want where ever they want.

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 10:19
Sorry Gypsy,

Realized I just hijacked the heck out of your thread....

Doing something is better than doing nothing....
I wish them the best of luck to their campaign

S

Team Sergeant
11-02-2014, 10:24
Sorry Gypsy,

Doing something is better than doing nothing....
I wish them the best of luck to their campaign

S

Our discussion is very pertinent to the thread. There's a reason Operation Limitless Compassion came into being and you hit the nail on the head.

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 10:36
I'm envisioning, a $100,000 amount turning up in their crowd raising account reading

....CIA ;)

too obvious?

S

Team Sergeant
11-02-2014, 10:41
I'm envisioning, a $100,000 amount turning up in their crowd raising account reading

....CIA ;)

too obvious?

S

No comment........:munchin

Gypsy
11-02-2014, 12:57
Sorry Gypsy,

S

Not at all... Thanks Guys.