PDA

View Full Version : The Calibration Boogie

Badger52
10-27-2014, 20:16
"Mr Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action." - Auric Goldfinger

So... in Chicago. (http://www.tpnn.com/2014/10/22/chicago-way-voting-machines-changing-republican-votes-to-democrat-blamed-on-a-calibration-error/)

When Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote on Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library, his vote, which was naturally cast for himself, was changed by the voting machine to that of his Democrat opponent, reports Watchdog.org:

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

Whenever Moynihan attempted to vote for a Republican, the voting machine registered the vote for the Democrat instead.

And now in Maryland... (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/27/calibration-issue-pops-up-on-maryland-voting-machines/)

Voting machines that switch Republican votes to Democrats are being reported in Maryland.

“When I first selected my candidate on the electronic machine, it would not put the ‘x’ on the candidate I chose — a Republican — but it would put the ‘x’ on the Democrat candidate above it,” Donna Hamilton said.

“This happened multiple times with multiple selections. Every time my choice flipped from Republican to Democrat. Sometimes it required four or five tries to get the ‘x’ to stay on my real selection,” the Frederick, Md., resident said last week.

Queen Anne County Sheriff Gary Hofmann said he encountered the problem, too, personally.

“This is happening here as well. It occurred on two candidates on my machine. I am glad I checked. Many voters have reported this here as well,” Hofmann, a Republican, wrote in an email Sunday evening.

Two other Maryland voters reported the same in Anne Arundel County on Friday.

Maybe we don't need Voter ID - maybe we just need to send some people to the fishes & then get a good TMDE shop.
:munchin