PDA

View Full Version : Head of Fort Benning Warrior Training Center relieved of command

BMT (RIP)
10-26-2014, 09:19
http://www.armytimes.com/comments/article/20141024/NEWS02/310240065/Head-Fort-Benning-Warrior-Training-Center-relieved-command

BMT

Peregrino
10-26-2014, 10:38
LMAO! They have to have a "clean house" before the females show up for pre-Ranger in JAN/FEB. (IAW the ALARACT all Rangerettes have to go through the NG pre-Ranger before starting the actual course.) That and the RA is diligent about punishing individuals who haven't earned it when they're wearing the Ranger Tab.

Five-O
10-26-2014, 11:22
How does a LTC fake a Ranger Tab he has not earned? Would not every officer/friend in his year group be aware of his attendance AND graduation of RS. They should also revoke the Ranger Tab license plate that is no doubt on his POV. Boggles the mind...

Loadsmasher
10-30-2014, 12:08
How does a LTC fake a Ranger Tab he has not earned? Would not every officer/friend in his year group be aware of his attendance AND graduation of RS. They should also revoke the Ranger Tab license plate that is no doubt on his POV. Boggles the mind...

There was a LTC in my Division headquarters who had worn a fake Ranger Tab his ENTIRE career. It was only caught when a E4 42A was trying to update his ORB for him and couldnt find the documentation in his iPerms. Reduced to 2LT and shipped home within 48 hours. Not a single statement from the command about it, like it never happened. My solution was to take memos over to his section for his signature every couple days and ask when he would be back. Their SGM had a talk with my SGM. My SGM told me to keep up the good work (SGM's documentation was in his iPerms.)

Pete
10-30-2014, 12:33
"...A lieutenant colonel relieved of his post as head of the Warrior Training Center at Fort Benning, Georgia, was not authorized to wear the Ranger and Sapper tabs displayed on his uniform, base officials said Thursday...."

Sapper tab? Now that's down right lame.

Dude, if you're going to do it you should have gone all the way and put an SF tab on.

My, Oh My

Badger52
10-30-2014, 15:40
"...A lieutenant colonel relieved of his post as head of the Warrior Training Center at Fort Benning, Georgia, was not authorized to wear the Ranger and Sapper tabs displayed on his uniform, base officials said Thursday...."

Sapper tab? Now that's down right lame.

Dude, if you're going to do it you should have gone all the way and put an SF tab on.

My, Oh MyDamn coffee down the wrong pipe...
lmao

CSB
10-30-2014, 18:29
Situational awareness = zero.

Unauthorized Ranger Tab at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin = Good to go.

Unauthorized Sapper Tab at Vint Hill Farms = Who would know?

But unauthorized Ranger Tab at Fort Benning = It was just a matter of time.

TacOfficer
10-30-2014, 20:11
I've never served in the armed forces but I would think being a LTC would satisfy the ego/or lack of self esteem, no?

Someone slipped through a serious crack.

Mustang Man
10-31-2014, 07:12
I've never served in the armed forces but I would think being a LTC would satisfy the ego/or lack of self esteem, no?

Someone slipped through a serious crack

For some people in the military it is never satisfied...

cbtengr
10-31-2014, 14:39
I am not going to feel too sorry for this guy, I am sure there is a place within the current administration for him. He obviously has some pretty large testicles to be posing like that at Benning of all places.

Team Sergeant
10-31-2014, 14:47
Situational awareness = zero.

Unauthorized Ranger Tab at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin = Good to go.

Unauthorized Sapper Tab at Vint Hill Farms = Who would know?

But unauthorized Ranger Tab at Fort Benning = It was just a matter of time.

National Guard SGM John Letuli wore the SF Tab on Ft Bragg and was caught as a SSG wearing it by a sharp eyed SF Warrant. In fact if I remember correctly the spineless coward John Letuli was caught multiple times wearing medals he never earned.

I don't believe there's such an animal as an "intelligent" fraud.