PDA

View Full Version : 'Toxic' battalion commander returns to job despite recommendation of firing

Pete
10-24-2014, 08:16
'Toxic' battalion commander returns to job despite recommendation of firing

http://www.stripes.com/news/army/toxic-battalion-commander-returns-to-job-despite-recommendation-of-firing-1.309794

"(MCT) — The commander of a Fort Carson helicopter battalion objected when subordinates talked about a toxic command climate, according to documents obtained by The Gazette.

"You want toxic? I'll show you toxic," Lt. Col. Tammy Baugh allegedly told soldiers in the 1st Battalion of the 25th Aviation Regiment, documents said.

A 263-page Army investigation report released under the Freedom of Information Act portrays Baugh as a foul-mouthed boss who belittled soldiers, threw things during a meeting and sometimes stormed out of battalion gatherings....."

Sounds like an interesting person - but not one I'd like to work for.

The Reaper
10-24-2014, 09:34
I'm sure she will be all better now and will change her leadership style.:rolleyes:

TR

UWOA (RIP)
10-24-2014, 10:01
I'm sure she will be all better now and will change her leadership style.:rolleyes:

TR

Yeah, after she kills off her detractors with toxic OERs and EERs ....

cbtengr
10-24-2014, 10:10
She is just trying to emulate the CinC.

"............and she does abruptly leave meetings when she is not pleased," the report said."

The Reaper
10-24-2014, 10:11
Yeah, after she kills off her detractors with toxic OERs and EERs ....

No doubt, anyone who complained about her is going to be in the "Atlas" profile, holding everyone in the COM and ACOM blocks on their shoulders.

You can already have your career ended with a COM report.

How many qualified (read expensive) aviators will resign or retire because the Army made a poor choice in her leadership skills and likely let politics decide to keep her.

TR

Sdiver
10-24-2014, 10:12
A 263-page Army investigation report released under the Freedom of Information Act portrays Baugh as a foul-mouthed boss who belittled soldiers, threw things during a meeting and sometimes stormed out of battalion gatherings....."

Sounds like an interesting person - but not one I'd like to work for.

Sounds like she took leadership lessons from Hillary. :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
10-24-2014, 13:35
"My passion can sometimes be confused with anger," she wrote.

More like, "My bipolar disorder can sometimes be confused with anger"..................

A million bucks says she's out in less than two years suffering from PTSD and receives full bennies and pay. :munchin

Kinda makes you wonder "who" signed off on here becoming a bat commander............ and "why".

Sohei
10-24-2014, 13:42
This case goes to show that politicians -- whether those in civilian attire or uniforms -- don't intend on doing anything with the "rot" that has taken hold in many chains of command.

Sad story.

The Reaper
10-24-2014, 13:43
Kinda makes you wonder "who" signed off on here becoming a bat commander............ and "why".

A DA centralized selection board, with an affirmative action goal that needed to be met.

And she isn't a 2LT, she didn't suddenly become toxic. She had 20 years or so to develop it, while her commanders wrote nice things about her in her OERs.

TR

blacksmoke
10-24-2014, 15:34
Sounded like a duffleblog article!

SF_BHT
10-24-2014, 15:52
A DA centralized selection board, with an affirmative action goal that needed to be met.

And she isn't a 2LT, she didn't suddenly become toxic. She had 20 years or so to develop it, while her commanders wrote nice things about her in her OERs.

TR

Sounds like she took lessons from Jim Parker:eek:

tom kelly
10-24-2014, 15:55
Sounds like she took leadership lessons from Hillary. :rolleyes:

Hillary does not have any leadership ability....1. She flunked the DC bar exam. 2.and she only passed the Arkansas bar exam after Bill was teaching at the University of Arkansas Law School, NO Law Firm in the USA offered her a job. She was hired by the prestigious Rose Law Firm after Bill became Arkansas Attorney General and was made a partner in the firm when Bill was elected Governor. This information was included in a book by Dick Morris, former political advisor to President Bill Clinton. Since Dick Morris has said this openly, so if it was not truthful he would be sued and liable for defamation of character. In a word she is a fraud....tom kelly

ddoering
10-24-2014, 17:20
If she was a he the outcome would have been very different.

abc_123
10-24-2014, 17:58

Now that's funny.

Mills
10-24-2014, 21:51
"My passion can sometimes be confused with anger," she wrote.

More like, "My bipolar disorder can sometimes be confused with anger"..................

A million bucks says she's out in less than two years suffering from PTSD and receives full bennies and pay. :munchin

Two words.

Equal Opportunity.

JimP
10-25-2014, 07:59
Yup, it's more important to keep chicks in command then to enforce the rules. Removing her could highlight the recklessness with which we have foisted unprepared females into key positions. Anyone remember Janice Karpinski?

The CG probably got heavy pushback to keep her in position considering females are being groomed/pushed to attend Ranger school and make an even bigger entrance into the combat arms sphere.

Nothing to see here....move along.

What is ironic, and cracks me up, is her parting shot to the press upon conclusion of the matter. My $ says she goes on a jihad against her detractors. We haven't seen the last of this piece of work.

Badger52
10-25-2014, 13:37
Kinda makes you wonder "who" signed off on here becoming a bat commander............ and "why".Probably anyone along the way who didn't want the EO calling for an appointment or a visit from the IG. Check boxes, move along, and when shown unsuitable, declare "everyone's a winner!" Saw this a few times before I retired. Kinda like some school systems. Peter-(or something) Principle at work. Now the vendetta will commence.

Trivial question noting something in the article. Assuming that's her current official photo, being "rated as a senior aviator in the AH-64 Apache attack helicopters", I mean, wouldn't it be appropriate to at least have her wings on her ACU's?

PRB
10-25-2014, 16:29
IMO if you need to raise your voice a great deal in a senior leadership position you never really developed as a leader.
Screaming is great Sqd Ldr and PSG stuff and occasionally a 1SG.
Maybe a passionate young Lt.
Beyond that, it isn't necessary....you already have their attention.

Screamers always made me nervous, as in what will they do if the shit really hits the fan. Scream louder?

Box
10-26-2014, 23:14

Nice...

Scimitar
10-27-2014, 03:00
Screamers always made me nervous, as in what will they do if the shit really hits the fan. Scream louder?

We're still talking about the Army right....cos... :cool:

:P

S