PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Royals hotline to Dept of Homeland Security

Team Sergeant
10-23-2014, 15:30
It just warms my heart knowing that the billion dollar baseball corporations have a direct line to the Department of Homeland Security and armed DHS agents.

This is NOT to be construed as political corruption, I'm sure that the Kansas City Royals first sent a " cease and desist " letter to the panty terrorists and only when they didn't respond did DHS get involved by sending armed agents.

I'm also sure no one from the Dept of Homeland Security received any favors from the Kansas City Royals for sending armed DHS agents to have a talk with the panty terrorists.

I'm also betting no politicians were involved on behalf of the Kansas City Royals and no one made a phone call to the Dept of Homeland Security requesting that it's armed agents close down the panty terrorists.

I feel real good knowing my tax dollars are paying these fine men's wages and that the Kansas City Royals have armed DHS agents at their beckon call.

Seriously it's not like we're at war or anything.

Kansas City lingerie shopowners in a twist after Homeland Security's panty raid

Published October 23, 2014
·FoxNews.com

When two burly men walked into a Missouri women's underwear store Tuesday, the owners didn't think much of it -- until the pair flashed their Homeland Security badges and confiscated several dozen panties bearing the initials "KC" in honor of the Kansas City Royals.

Danielle Meister, co-owner of Birdies Panties shop, said the undercover agents seized the lingerie, claiming the store violated copyright laws by selling underwear with "Take the Crown" and "KC" printed across the rear. Meister and her business partner, Peregrine Honig, said they wanted to celebrate the success of their hometown team -- which on Wednesday night beat the San Francisco Giants to tie the World Series at one game apiece -- by designing the panties.

"We printed these underpants because our team is doing well after so many years and we were excited," Meister told FoxNews.com Thursday. "When we started posting them on social media, we were amazed at how many people wanted them."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/23/kansas-city-lingerie-shopowners-in-twist-after-homeland-security-panty-raid/

conco303
10-23-2014, 21:41
Back in 2001, this would have meant a direct line to ICE or CGIS agents and would have been ludicrous. Now, of course, there are Homeland Security Intelligence Agents and DHS special agents. The DHS should never have been allowed to expand past being an umbrella grouping for various entrenched federal agencies, and at most an Intelligence Agency, not a domestic law enforcement entity.

The Reaper
10-23-2014, 21:45
Here we are, nit-picking local small business people while Alibaba sells hundreds of millions of dollars of knock-offs, complete with registrations and warranty cards.

Incredible.

TR

conco303
10-23-2014, 21:50
Being a Political scientist, the DHS reminds me a little of government puppets such as the Egyptian Interior Security Forces, the Jordanian SIS law enforcement arm, or the political police agencies of East Asia. Granted, they still have to abide by the US Constitution. But, they are developing that "untouchable/we know what's best for you" attitude.

conco303
10-23-2014, 21:58
Im pretty sure most of these guys are former beat cops from LA or TSA "paramilitary officers". Don't seem to have a single clue as to how the US revised code reads.

Badger52
10-25-2014, 14:31
"It all came crashing down on Tuesday when Homeland Security showed up and said we were committing a crime of copyright infringement," Meister said. "My initial response was fear.Highlight summarizes the sad state in this country where evokiing such a reaction was usually limited to a letter from the IRS or some suit saying "I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help." Any rep of the .gov these days is now immediately an untrusted entity - with good reason.

The subject of their efforts simply deserves the famous YGBSM. If KC wins, maybe they could trade the contraband for a certain Marine down in Mexico.

MR2
10-26-2014, 07:58
Every sixth shop in Kathmandu was a North Face "Retail" store selling the poorest quality Expedition gear I've ever seen.

Team Sergeant
10-26-2014, 18:45
Every sixth shop in Kathmandu was a North Face "Retail" store selling the poorest quality Expedition gear I've ever seen.

Shall we send a DHS strike team? ;)

MR2
10-26-2014, 20:36
Shall we send a DHS strike team? ;)

Yes and the Viper Teams too, if it will get them out of our Liberty for awhile, by all means YES.

I'll even share the recipe for Yak Pie with them.

Yak pies are collected, shaped, sun-dried and served in every Tea House stove in Nepal.

cat in the hat
10-26-2014, 21:51
maybe the royals can use their direct line to have the SF Giants declared a terrorist network.

three ass wupins and one of them a shutout. Giants are one of only two good things to come out of that area. the other being the best ice cream sandwich ever (https://www.itsiticecream.com/)