PDA

View Full Version : Blog on AQ

NousDefionsDoc
12-13-2004, 19:23
The Base (http://regnumcrucis.blogspot.com/2004_12_05_regnumcrucis_archive.html#1102582556555 73999)

What do you guys think?

Jimbo
12-13-2004, 20:40
What kind of tactics are used in "assymetrical warfare"?

Jimbo
12-13-2004, 20:42
• The organization's training program is so rigorous that the average al-Qaeda fighter is better trained and equipped than the rank and file members of most Arab and African militaries.

That not saying a whole heck of a lot.

• The organization has attacked targets by land, by air, and by sea. Al-Qaeda attacks can generally be identified by their strict professionalism, simultaneous nature, and mass casualty intent.
The same could be said for Hezbollah.

• According to CIA, MI6, Mossad, and RAW assessments, between roughly 70,000 and 110,000 recruits graduated from al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan and Sudan between 1989 and October 2001. As a result, even if 10,000 al-Qaeda members were captured or killed during the course of Operation Enduring Freedom as current estimates now show, there are still tens of thousands of terrorists trained and loyal to the organization still at large.
The number of people trained in the camps is highly contentious. Additionally, a large percentace should not be considered 'loyal to the organization'.

• Since the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom, al-Qaeda has suffered substantial losses including the death or capture of key leaders like military commander Mohammed Atef, global operations chief Abu Zubaydah, and 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. However, the group's resilience has been tested before and its reliance on functional and regional compartmentalization will ensure that the highest levels of operational security will be maintained even if members of the senior leadership are captured or killed.

I disagree.

NousDefionsDoc
12-14-2004, 06:12
Ass tactics of course

I don't agree with it all either. He's apparently a very young dude just starting out.

casey
12-14-2004, 07:18
Oooooohhh, so its a religious war...... IMO al Qaeda is not a group anymore but a world wide "consulting corporation". Pre 911 we had the ice cube to see and hit, now they have melted into the pond of islamic extremist. Eg: Turkish Hezbollah had like 6 guys who met for cheese fries every other Thursday. Yet they put a massive operation together to hit the British Embassy and HSBC Bank in simultaneous suicide VBIED strikes - not without a whole lot of professional help. The American public has to focus on one enemy, it might as well be al Qaeda - although I feel the words al Qaeda and islamic extremists are now interchangable.

Achilles
12-14-2004, 07:34
Roger.

I think the Administration and the media needed a more tangible enemy to focus on than Islamic extremism in general, hence AQ. All the sudden (post 9/11), every terrorist organization has a "tie to AQ." It seems to me like its an effort to be politically correct about the way we go about doing things rather than just up front saying "we will monkey stomp everyone who even so much as condones these idealogies." I'd prefer the latter but the libs would cry bloody murder. :rolleyes: