PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Florida Diner Beaten In Cursing Dispute

bandycpa
10-01-2014, 12:15
I'll have to admit, I'm in sheltered little ol' Southwest Virginia. I wonder if this kind of behavior (sans the violence) and response is commonplace elsewhere.

In our little town, at the football games, we have people who have been asked to turn their shirts inside out because of the slogans they had on them. The PA announcer makes sure every one stops and recognizes the National Anthem as it is played...and the Anthem isn't played until everyone complies.

Anyway, this disappointed me greatly...

Bandy

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/octogenarian-assaulted-at-Applebees-687543

JimP
10-01-2014, 14:03
Why can't one of us be around when shit like this happens???

NurseTim
10-01-2014, 14:14
I wish the elderly gentleman had been packing. Elder abuse just pisses me off. :mad:

blacksmoke
10-02-2014, 16:46
You just don't mess with a badass like that...:rolleyes: I wonder how he's talking in jail?

mark46th
10-02-2014, 16:55
I had a similar run in with a loudmouth youngster probably about 20 or so. My wife and I were eating lunch in a little restaurant when a group of three young men were seated next to us. One of them was dropping F bombs, etc., so I asked him to watch his language. He replied with some smart ass comment and it was everything I could do to not throw him through the plate glass window behind him. I will be 65 next month but at 6'4", 275 pounds I still would have hurt him. I don't know what this kid was thinking but he is lucky he didn't eat that window.

blacksmoke
10-02-2014, 17:16
As a teen I watched my Korean war vet grandpa pound a 30 year old guy at about 65, 5'10" maybe 200 lbs. Speed, surprise, violence of action lol. Chased the guy into his truck with a pair of hedge trimmers. In a setting like a restaurant though I guess that would be worse than the language.

The Reaper
10-02-2014, 17:17
I had a similar run in with a loudmouth youngster probably about 20 or so. My wife and I were eating lunch in a little restaurant when a group of three young men were seated next to us. One of them was dropping F bombs, etc., so I asked him to watch his language. He replied with some smart ass comment and it was everything I could do to not throw him through the plate glass window behind him. I will be 65 next month but at 6'4", 275 pounds I still would have hurt him. I don't know what this kid was thinking but he is lucky he didn't eat that window.

The problem is that he can be 99% certain no one will touch him.

And those were not "young men", they were punks.

TR

Sohei
10-02-2014, 17:29
I am always disgusted when I see a coward beat up on the older generation. I am sure he had to do it in order to prove something...like maybe the fact that he can knock an 80-year-old down and be the big man.

Those types who go out looking for trouble will one day find that there is trouble out there that they aren't prepared for.

tonyz
10-02-2014, 17:40
Many of these young bullies are feral and have no concept of respect.

mark46th
10-02-2014, 21:04
T.R- You are right. As I was thinking about it, I also thought about being convicted of a felony, losing my hunting license, rifles, etc. I'm sure that little shit knew it....