PDA

View Full Version : President Obama rides elevator with armed man

mojaveman
10-01-2014, 01:21
President Barack Obama rode an elevator this month with an armed security contractor who had three criminal convictions, a violation of Secret Service security protocols, according to published reports.

http://news.yahoo.com/report-obama-rode-elevator-armed-man-220752199--politics.html

Box
10-01-2014, 02:11
"What difference – at this point, does it make?"

YM Cating
10-01-2014, 06:56
The bigger question is....Why did the CDC hire a 3 time felon and arm him? How did this go unnoticed in their background checks? Arming a felon and giving him access to labs with the worlds nastiest virus strains known to man is incredibly irresponsible. The director needs to be replaced immediately.

How secret service missed this on their background checks is another thing. How they didn't realize this security contractor was armed is insane. Only sworn Law Enforcement are allowed to be armed in the presence of the President.

Between this and the man who hopped the fence and made it through multiple rooms in the white house after overpowering one of the agents inside. This agency needs new leadership.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775885/The-world-different-place-pulled-gun-Secret-Service-allowed-three-time-felon-carrying-gun-travel-elevator-Obama-latest-screw-up.html

sinjefe
10-01-2014, 07:05
As I have said many other times, our government wears clown shoes. They can't get this stuff right, but we want them to run national healthcare?

We are a nation of idiots.

Box
10-01-2014, 07:15
...and yet, somehow this is the same government that was able to pull off an inside conspiracy by faking the 9/11 attacks.

It all makes sense now.

The Reaper
10-01-2014, 09:09
"What difference – at this point, does it make?"

I'm with Billy.

The POTUS is in an elevator with armed men every day.

TR

YM Cating
10-02-2014, 05:16
...and yet, somehow this is the same government that was able to pull off an inside conspiracy by faking the 9/11 attacks.

It all makes sense now.

It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it :D

Welcome to 'Murica'

Richard
10-02-2014, 06:59
Secret Service Director Resigns After Security Failures

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/01/secret-service-director-resigns/?intcmp=trending

And so it goes...

Richard

mark46th
10-02-2014, 08:55
I think, in the name of diversity, that the new director of the Secret Service should be a one-eyed female eskimo with a black father with a hispanic surname. No job related history of competence needed.

PedOncoDoc
10-02-2014, 08:59
I think, in the name of diversity, that the new director of the Secret Service should be a one-eyed female eskimo with a black father with a hispanic surname. No job related history of competence needed.

Sounds like a good plan, but can you find one that is Zoroastrian?

Team Sergeant
10-02-2014, 09:02
Should have been no big deal, Zero is from Chicago........

Sdiver
10-02-2014, 10:37

As well as being Lesbian with three kids .....

Guymullins
10-02-2014, 12:08
What were the Secret Service hookers like?

mark46th
10-02-2014, 16:08
They were Colombian so they were probably beautiful. All the Novelas(Latin American soap operas) are made in Colombia and Venezuela. Way hot.

bailaviborita
10-03-2014, 09:50
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/secret-service-requires-female-agents-meet-lower-physical-strength-standards-male-agents_808441.html

So, I'm guessing here- but, female director brought in to clean up the service after the Colombian thing. Clean up meaning lots of diversity training, sexual harassment training, EO training, male-bashing training (drive traditional male culture out), and trafficking in humans training (i.e.- don't have sex down-range).

Either before or after all this it became conventional wisdom that technology will solve the problem of a woman normally not being one's first pick to tackle a man on the way to do the President harm (haven't heard that in the military... :rolleyes: ).

Am I off here? Anyone not think this is about to happen to the Army?

The Reaper
10-03-2014, 10:42
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/secret-service-requires-female-agents-meet-lower-physical-strength-standards-male-agents_808441.html

So, I'm guessing here- but, female director brought in to clean up the service after the Colombian thing. Clean up meaning lots of diversity training, sexual harassment training, EO training, male-bashing training (drive traditional male culture out), and trafficking in humans training (i.e.- don't have sex down-range).

Either before or after all this it became conventional wisdom that technology will solve the problem of a woman normally not being one's first pick to tackle a man on the way to do the President harm (haven't heard that in the military... :rolleyes: ).

Am I off here? Anyone not think this is about to happen to the Army?

Spot on.

He is getting the protection his politics demand.

TR

bailaviborita
10-03-2014, 11:01
Spot on.

He is getting the protection his politics demand.

TR

My question is, will our nation then get the military our politics now demand... (one that can do amazing technological feats- but little else...)

We do not have the will, in my opinion, to do what is necessary to combat the thugs in this world.

As one TSOC commander recently said, "AQ is not my biggest problem, the policy makers in DC are." Am I the only one who looks at that statement and gets the shivers???

CSB
10-03-2014, 11:09
A security contractor convicted thrice for charges of assault and battery
"...You have a convicted felon within arms reach of the president and they never did a background check," Chaffetz went on.

Assault and Battery in Georgia is a misdemeanor offense.

Unless it was an act of domestic violence (Lautenberg Amendment), it does not disqualify a citizen from possession of a fiream.

Other reports have taken to calling the guard an "ex-con."

Long on drama, short on facts.

Box
10-03-2014, 11:54
Long on drama, short on facts

Status quo for the current administration.

My question is, will our nation then get the military our politics now demand...

A nation gets the GOVERNMENT it deserves. The military is part of the gubmint; now go pay some taxes so I can get paid.

...look on the bright side, I am making sure that all of the NCOERs that come out of my company have the mandatory SHARPS bullet in the NCO's leadership block accordance with current military policy so at least the politicians aren't making rules that aren't being followed.
-Gotta make sure we annotate in black and white that our potential leaders aren't raping or assaulting folks