PDA

View Full Version : Support to SF

Marauder06
09-21-2014, 12:49
Gentlemen, from an SF perspective, how useful is this article when it comes to "rules" for supporing SOF?

http://www.havokjournal.com/military/4-rules-for-supporting-special-operations

-Understand your role in the organization.
-Be Good at Your Job, Not Theirs.
-Manage Perceptions: Theirs and Yours.
-Have Some Professional Pride.

miclo18d
09-21-2014, 13:18
from the article
The dirty little secret of SOF is that no matter how much support troops are mistreated, looked down upon, disparaged, or made to feel like second-class citizens, most SOF units would not be able to accomplish their missions without their enablers.
My team treated our support guys well! They were on missions with us. They took the same ground and bled blood on it along with us. They were treated with respect before we went, during the mission, and treated even better when we got home!

Cookie
Puppet (our mechanic)
Our MID team
Our Terps

Just do YOUR job the best you can and you will get the respect you deserve!

Mills
09-22-2014, 04:32
Wish I could say the same. I have come across a great deal who are more fixated on what I am doing, versus what they should be doing.

I attribute it all to the freedom to complain at will, and the "stress free" work environment that the Army now perpetuates.

Not to mention support leaders that further coddle their Soldiers.

By no means am I saying that there are no capable support Soldiers within group. All I am saying is that a selection process couldn't hurt. At least something to take away the undeserved sense of entitlement that many of these Soldiers adopt the moment they arrive at group.

Team Sergeant
09-22-2014, 09:52
There's no rules, but doing the best job you can does apply. I've seen some of the best riggers, cooks, admin clerks etc that worked with us they were damn good at their job and it showed.