PDA

View Full Version : Guns in the workplace

brewmonkey
12-10-2004, 23:48
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=677&e=21&u=/usatoday/20041210/bs_usatoday/companiesthatbangunsputondefensive

There are without a doubt some seriously moronic companies out there. I agree that a company has the right to ban weapons inside their buildings but outside should be fair game. I highly doubt that the mjority of workplace killings were committed by people who kept guns in their cars all the time. Even if they ban guns in their parking lots how are they going to police the area? Will theh be able to stop the guy who brought them to work for the sole purpose of killing people? Doubtful.

I worked as a pizze delivery driver when I got out of the Army. Good money to be made if you hustle your ass off and at any given time you might have a $100 bucks or so in the bag. Generally you dump all but a few bucks in change on each return to the store, but your average moron does not know this and thinks you have a few hundred and they will rob you for whatever you have. When I drove for little Ceasers you're damn skippy I carried a gun (Glock 23 in .40 S&W) and while my state prohibits concealed carry I am of the opinion that if my life depends on it I will carry it any way I damn well please.

Sorry but if the person can legally purchase the gun and the feel they should be carrying it for whatever reason, then so be it. A persons vehicle is an extension of their home IMHO and if they want to carry a small arsenal that is their problem.

Ok, rant off... :lifter

Time to watch Super Troopers

ktek01
12-11-2004, 04:17
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=677&e=21&u=/usatoday/20041210/bs_usatoday/companiesthatbangunsputondefensive

Sorry but if the person can legally purchase the gun and the feel they should be carrying it for whatever reason, then so be it. A persons vehicle is an extension of their home IMHO and if they want to carry a small arsenal that is their problem.

Ok, rant off... :lifter

Time to watch Super Troopers

True, until you pull it onto somebody elses property. That property owner has a right to say what he or she wants or does not want on their property. I dont always agree with the policy, but whoever owns that property has the right to their opinion. With major companies it is more of a liability issue, if they dont have a policy and something happens a lawyer would jump all over that.

In Florida when you have a CCW the property owners rights still prevail over your permit. They cant charge you with a weapons violation though, if you are caught, they can have you removed from the property and possibly charged with trespassing. Of course if you are an employee the company may also take action against you, even fire you.