PDA

View Full Version : Flight crew helmet question

Air.177
12-10-2004, 17:29
OK, I seem to have slipped into Accumulator Mode, and I have NO use for this, But would really like to have one just because. Does anyone know where I can get one of These (http://www.gentexcorp.com/LifeSupport/MFS.htm) I know, I know What the hell do I need that for, but I think it is just a cool looking helmet and Thus I think I may need to have one around, just to say that I have one. I already have a Helmet, I am just looking for the Face shield.

And I know I can order from the Manufacturer, but I would rather find one elsewhere if at all possible.

Thanks all

The Reaper
12-10-2004, 17:44
From the Air Force.

See your local recruiter for further details. :D

TR

eggroll
12-10-2004, 21:39
are you talking the 56 series helmet or the blast shield assembly?

If you want the helmet, HGU56 - (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=2292771034&rd=1)

But this has got GEEK FACTOR written ALL over it. Chicks Dig It (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14050&item=2291091203&rd=1)

Air.177
12-10-2004, 21:54
All I want is the Maxillofacial shield. (The part in the link that has the Teeth painted on it)

Thanks

And TR, We've already discussed that.

The Reaper
12-10-2004, 22:27
All I want is the Maxillofacial shield. (The part in the link that has the Teeth painted on it)

Thanks

And TR, We've already discussed that.

Yeah, but it is the Air Force, for crissakes!

TR

Huey14
12-10-2004, 23:15
are you talking the 56 series helmet or the blast shield assembly?

If you want the helmet, HGU56 - (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=2292771034&rd=1)

I wouldn't mind that for after I finish my flight training as I wear glasses and the tinted visor would be perfect. And how cool would it look walking over to my Piper Tomahawk with it under my arm, maybe with the Top Gun theme in the background...

geronimo
12-11-2004, 02:18
The MFS is a pain to wear.

If you've got a HGU-56P you also need the adapter kit. They are expensive but it's all about your needs...

Huey14
12-11-2004, 03:07
Did I say Top Gun? I meant Iron Eagle.

Hang on, I really meant Firebirds.

The Reaper
12-11-2004, 08:06
Did I say Top Gun? I meant Iron Eagle.

Hang on, I really meant Firebirds.

Alright Kiwi, where did the sheep go? :D

TR

Huey14
12-11-2004, 08:14
They're worn out :D

Kyobanim
12-11-2004, 09:00

If you get a mask I'll paint some teeth on it for you. Maybe something like this to impress the wimmins?

The Reaper
12-11-2004, 09:03

If you get a mask I'll paint some teeth on it for you. Maybe something like this to impress the wimmins?

If you can put Tooth Boy on it and a diamond inlay, someone else here could have a new avatar by sundown.

TR

Rotor Strike
12-11-2004, 09:58
I have one. Got anything worth trading for?

Team Sergeant
12-11-2004, 10:19
OK, I seem to have slipped into Accumulator Mode, and I have NO use for this, But would really like to have one just because. Does anyone know where I can get one of These (http://www.gentexcorp.com/LifeSupport/MFS.htm) I know, I know What the hell do I need that for, but I think it is just a cool looking helmet and Thus I think I may need to have one around, just to say that I have one. I already have a Helmet, I am just looking for the Face shield.

And I know I can order from the Manufacturer, but I would rather find one elsewhere if at all possible.

Thanks all

I can see it now, Air.177 at the local range, takes helmet and throws it around for an hour then sets it up at the 100m berm. Takes careful aim with a .308 and places a nice big gash on one side of the helmet.
Takes helmet home or apartment and places it on hat-rack. Female comes to house, eventually notices helmet and asks:

“What’s this?”

Air.177 responds:

“I can’t talk about it as it still is a “classified” mission.”

We got your number Air…… (let us know if it works) :munchin

Surgicalcric
12-11-2004, 15:55
I can see it now, Air.177 at the local range, takes helmet and throws it around for an hour then sets it up at the 100m berm. Takes careful aim with a .308 and places a nice big gash on one side of the helmet.
Takes helmet home or apartment and places it on hat-rack. Female comes to house, eventually notices helmet and asks:

“What’s this?”

Air.177 responds:

“I can’t talk about it as it still is a “classified” mission.”

We got your number Air…… (let us know if it works) :munchin

Thats pretty funny considering...

You know MSG, a similar method (stories of classified SF missions) was used by the individual I PM'd you about earlier today to hook his current fiancee. I hope I have placed enough claymores that he will step on a trip wire sooner than later.

Worked pretty well for him too until he ran into a SF candidate I know. :munchin

Crip

The Reaper
12-11-2004, 16:16
Spaceman Spiff launches into another adventure!

TR

Air.177
12-11-2004, 21:58

Not to Mention Scare the Shit out of Guy Jones :munchin

Just Funnin Guy :lifter

Not Really worried about Uncomfortable, as I said, I am looking for one to sit on a Desk

Spaceman Spiff!!?? Please,

That'll be "Major Tom" to you, Ground control