PDA

View Full Version : Fort Bragg general says biggest challenge in Aghanistan still to come

Pete
08-24-2014, 05:23
Fort Bragg general says biggest challenge in Aghanistan still to come

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/fort-bragg-general-says-biggest-challenge-in-aghanistan-still-to/article_a7d53860-5692-5fe0-b536-b2658ffcef4b.html

"...As the "collapse and consolidation" speeds up, forces will start to redeploy, Anderson said.

In the south, once bustling Forward Operating Bases Apache and Pasab have closed, Anderson said, consolidating the entire 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division at Kandahar Airfield. Those soldiers, from Fort Carson, Colorado, will start heading home next month.

In the east, units from Fort Hood, Texas, and Fort Campbell, Kentucky, also will soon head home, Anderson said.

Some 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers, who have been spread across the country, have already begun their return home.

At the same time, U.S. forces continue to move equipment and vehicles out of the country. Anderson said those retrograde efforts are ahead of schedule...."

I'm sure the average Taliban fighter is more aware of this than the average American.

Scimitar
08-24-2014, 05:48
I'm sure the average Taliban fighter is more aware of this than the average American.

...ya think

I can't put my finger on why, but that line cracked me up.

S