PDA

View Full Version : U.S. declares Yazidi intervention a success,

JJ_BPK
08-14-2014, 07:30
I don't like the word usage nor the tone..

It smells like berry claiming victory??

U.S. declares Yazidi intervention a success, says rescue mission unneeded, By Nancy A. Youssef and Anita Kumar,
McClatchy Washington Bureau August 13, 2014

too few Yazidi refugees still trapped in the mountains of northern Iraq to warrant mounting a potentially risky rescue,

The Pentagon said the visit proved that the actions the United States had taken in recent days had succeeded in preventing the Islamic State from capturing and executing the Yazidis,

It said the assessment team encountered no hostile forces during its visit and “did not engage in combat operations.”

Brett McGurk, the State Department’s deputy assistant secretary for Near East Affairs, said the assessment team had spent 24 hours in the mountains. He declared via Twitter that the U.S. actions had “broken the siege,” a sentiment repeated by State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf: “President said we're going to break the siege of this mountain, and we broke that siege.”

The team has assessed that there far fewer Yazidis on Mount Sinjar than previously feared, in part because of the success of the humanitarian air drops, airstrikes on ISIL targets,

Read more Dribble here: (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/08/13/236394/us-advisers-pay-first-visit-to.html#storylink=cpy)
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/08/13/236394/us-advisers-pay-first-visit-to.html

SEAL film at 11..

Why do I feel that someone is setting up some good guys for a fall when this preventable catastrophe implodes into a massacre???

This is why berry is coming back to the WH??
They don't have a teleprompter on the golf course??

ddoering
08-14-2014, 09:49
He needed a win to boost his sagging numbers so he made one up. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old Dog New Trick
08-14-2014, 10:02
But I thought I heard the UN raised this to a level 3 (highest) humanitarian disaster just yesterday.

What gives? Sound bites over truth?

Box
08-14-2014, 13:19
The UNited Nations lies about this kind of stuff all the time...
...besides, who are you going to believe anyway, BHO or the UN ?

edited to add...

"who ya gonna trust, the UN or someone with a Nobel Peace Prize"

Badger52
08-14-2014, 16:26
Twitter: Because being on the carrier with the troops has already been used.

Flagg
08-14-2014, 19:58
Twitter: Because being on the carrier with the troops has already been used.

I've seen first hand photos of a brand spanking new large scale reverse osmosis water system during our major earthquakes posted on Facebook and Twitter by the NZDF BEFORE it actually pumped and distributed it's first litre of water to those in need.

Meanwhile, the 14,000 litres of potable water we had already sourced and widely distributed via less than conventional means during the 1st two critical days after the quakes (at no cost to the NZDF )until the cavalry arrived went completely unnoticed.

Telling the world about success and new shiny kit seems more important at times than actual tangible/meaningful success.

Maybe the future of humanitarian assistance missions is the President taking a selfie on the tailgate of a C17 dropping payload over somewhere shitty and posting it on Facebook.

I've heard the expression "you can't eat a vote" relating to the 3rd world.

Maybe it should include "you can't eat a Facebook selfie and you can't drink a twitter post"

MR2
08-17-2014, 21:23
So he saved the day on something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but for his actions/inactions...

cat in the hat
08-18-2014, 01:34
The UNited Nations lies about this kind of stuff all the time...
...besides, who are you going to believe anyway, BHO or the UN ?

edited to add...

"who ya gonna trust, the UN or someone with a Nobel Peace Prize"

Not leaving us much of a choice.