PDA

View Full Version : So,, Are your neighbors happy wih those FREE MRAP'S

JJ_BPK
08-14-2014, 03:06
It was only a matter of time before the MSM blamed a catastrophe on the DOD for the FREE toys they hand out..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08/13/ferguson-police-michael-brown-militarization-column/14006383/

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/militarized-cops-on-display-in-ferguson-riots/

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/23/conservatives-libertarians-and-liberals-should-all-worry-about-militarization/

All you LEO's, throw away you toys and go back to sticks & sling-shots.

:munchin

Ref: Prior Discussion:

MRAPs Needed To Combat Combat Vets? (https://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45970&highlight=mrap)

Paslode
08-14-2014, 06:30
What has happened in Ferguson is not funny.

However what is funny is that Alex Jones has been harping about the 'Police State' since the Siege on Waco in 1993. In 2000 he released his video Police State which desribed the militarization of Law Enforcement...........this as always is received as knee slapping 'It Can't Happen Here' it is just another Conspiracy Theory comedy....I know because we ribbed a co-worker named Roger about listening to crazy stuff at lunch on 1040 AM.

It's is funny that discussion about this very topic have been happening on this board for several years.....SWAT Team for the NOAA, M4s for Fish & Game, Shotguns for the Dept of Education, etc..etc..etc...

On the other hand during this same time the MSM has largely played the role of the 3 Wise Monkey's until they see the time is ripe to jump on the band wagon....which in typical fashion is just as the party is ending and all the party favors have been distributed.

Paslode
10-08-2014, 07:02
It is not just LEO's that are taking advantage of the 1033 program...

Doug Wortham used a Defense Department giveaway program for law enforcement to stock his office with an assault rifle, a handgun and a Humvee — even though the people in his custody are in no condition to put up a fight.

They're dead.

Wortham is the Sharp County, Arkansas, coroner. He says the Humvee helps him navigate the rugged terrain of the Ozarks foothills, but he struggled to explain why he needs the surplus military weapons he acquired more than two years ago.

"I just wanted to protect myself," he said.

The Mississippi Department of Transportation, which has an office that enforces laws governing commercial vehicles, obtained seven M-14 rifles through the program.

"We don't actually shoot them or anything. They're basically used as props during our ceremonies," said department spokesman Kenny Foote.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article2533409.html

Team Sergeant
10-08-2014, 09:24
Arizona State University Police have how many M-16's? And who are these rent-a-cops going to use them on? So do Mall Security guards also have DoD weapons? You know what lets just give them armed drones and tanks, that will make the lest trained rent a cops feel safe. :munchin

Arizona universities take part in controversial military weapons program

Should campus police have M-16's?

By: Katie Conner

Posted: 6:51 PM, Sep 15, 2014

Updated: 11:40 AM, Sep 16, 2014

TEMPE, AZ - Arizona universities are taking advantage of the federal government’s 1033 program which gives away military equipment and weapons for free.

Arizona State University Police received 70 M-16 rifles from the program.

The firearms originally came from the Department of Public Safety, who were going to turn the weapons back in, according to ASU Sergeant Daniel Macias.

Arizona’s 1033 Director Matt Van Camp says ASU has acquired more weapons than any other Arizona university.

The University of Arizona acquired bag or barracks under the federal program.

Sergeant Macias says the ASU officers aren’t carrying the rifles yet. In fact, officers will go through extensive training before taking the firearms out into the field.

Sergeant Macias says the rifles are an important tool in the day of active shooters.

The Pentagon loaned the weapons to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in the early 90s, through the free 1033 program.

In 2012, the Pentagon found out Maricopa County Sheriff's Office couldn’t account for nine firearms it borrowed from the program and immediately suspended MCSO from the program.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/tempe/arizona-universities-take-part-in-controversial-military-weapons-program

Richard
10-08-2014, 10:24
In 2012, the Pentagon found out Maricopa County Sheriff's Office couldn’t account for nine firearms it borrowed from the program and immediately suspended MCSO from the program.

Well, Sheriff Joe's a busy man taking care of the people's monkey-business and I'm sure he still has those weapons...being used for his 'black ops' task force (Divine Conception II) guarding Orly Taitz's files according to Before It's News. :rolleyes:

Richard

mugwump
10-08-2014, 14:45
If I've told this story before, stop me. :o

A few years back, there was a huge brouhaha in my suburban town where the SWAT team was called out to surround a local business. Active shooter was the rumor going around. The whole thing escalated to the point of neighboring towns' SWAT teams joining the action, multiple fire departments showing up with their ambulances, and folks in neighboring homes being forcibly evacuated for their safety. A major commuter artery was blocked for almost two hours. Quite the goat-rope.

Turns out a patron at an Ebay resale shop got pissed and smashed a china plate on the floor. Words were exchanged, the owner called the cops, and the SWAT team showed up. Plate-smasher got scared and wouldn't come out of the store. Cue standoff music...

There would have been an M1 Abrams there if they had one.

We have a National Guard for situations which have escalated beyond the capabilities of the local cops.

echoes
10-08-2014, 18:20
If I've told this story before, stop me. :o

A few years back, there was a huge brouhaha in my suburban town where the SWAT team was called out to surround a local business. Active shooter was the rumor going around. The whole thing escalated to the point of neighboring towns' SWAT teams joining the action, multiple fire departments showing up with their ambulances, and folks in neighboring homes being forcibly evacuated for their safety. A major commuter artery was blocked for almost two hours. Quite the goat-rope.

Turns out a patron at an Ebay resale shop got pissed and smashed a china plate on the floor. Words were exchanged, the owner called the cops, and the SWAT team showed up. Plate-smasher got scared and wouldn't come out of the store. Cue standoff music...

There would have been an M1 Abrams there if they had one.

We have a National Guard for situations which have escalated beyond the capabilities of the local cops.

Huge Officer involved shooting here today in OKC...Officers down, highways closed....just wish They had the right firepower...:(

Holly

mugwump
10-08-2014, 20:28
Huge Officer involved shooting here today in OKC...Officers down, highways closed....just wish They had the right firepower...:(

Holly

The reports are spotty but the police apparently knocked on a motel door following reports of an abduction and the occupants opened the door and started shooting. Apparently the only person who died was the abducted woman. Some say shot by a bad guy, some say shot by the cops. I fail to see how "the right firepower" would have changed the outcome. Both wounded cops are in good condition per the latest report.

echoes
10-09-2014, 14:23
The reports are spotty but the police apparently knocked on a motel door following reports of an abduction and the occupants opened the door and started shooting. Apparently the only person who died was the abducted woman. Some say shot by a bad guy, some say shot by the cops. I fail to see how "the right firepower" would have changed the outcome. Both wounded cops are in good condition per the latest report.

Was there, on the highway, right after it got shut down for three hours, and it was the feeling amongst the group that something had not gone in the cops favor, as they had been shot.:(

Indeed, there was a lot of mis-information and mis-reporting early on, and as of this mornings news the policemen were still in stable condition at the hospital.

Anyone would obviously differ to the good judgment of law enforcement when making a statement like mine....as I am not, just a very concerned citizen who holds LE in a very high regard, and hope They have all the firepower they need.

Holly