PDA

View Full Version : Ultimax magazine specs

Air.177
08-09-2014, 15:33
Anyone know the dimensions of the ultimax LMG magazine catch holes? Plastic drums are hard to come by but I've got a tough box full of m4 mags and a drill press. I've been told this modification can be done I just can't find any information on exact location or size of the holes needed.

Good times,
Blake

Peregrino
08-09-2014, 16:14
Obviously you aren't talking about the Mk V. If you can wait until Monday, I'll call the JAF. I have a POC out there who should be able to help.

Air.177
08-10-2014, 03:20
Obviously you aren't talking about the Mk V. If you can wait until Monday, I'll call the JAF. I have a POC out there who should be able to help.

I think it's a MK III, no magazine adaptor and no pic rail.

Thanks much!

Blake

sefryak
08-10-2014, 10:12
It's pretty easily accomplished, I had it done for a bunch of G1 mags by the SOF Arms room prior to one of our trips. Which doesn't help you much. My company hoovered up most if not all of the drums back in 2010 . Love that gun, wish we could get the Mk Vs.

Peregrino
08-12-2014, 08:21
Just got off the phone with my POC. Should have something for you by EOW. They're having the machinist do take-offs and create a template. I'll send the digits as soon as I get them. We discussed just sending some original mags but decided that didn't pass the common sense test (hellacious amount of time to find, purchase, and ship, NTM paperwork for approvals). HTH.

Air.177
08-13-2014, 04:02
Just got off the phone with my POC. Should have something for you by EOW. They're having the machinist do take-offs and create a template. I'll send the digits as soon as I get them. We discussed just sending some original mags but decided that didn't pass the common sense test (hellacious amount of time to find, purchase, and ship, NTM paperwork for approvals). HTH.

Awesome. I really appreciate it. We have (I think) 4 drums but they are getting old and finicky so if I can get MTRC to mod some gi mags for me it will be a big help.

Thanks brother.

Blake

Peregrino
08-13-2014, 08:34
Check PMs.