PDA

View Full Version : Some justice in Cambodia

cbtengr
08-07-2014, 15:10
This was a long time coming.

"Khmer Rouge leaders given life in prison for 'extermination, inhumane acts and attacks against human dignity' 35 years after their reign of terror claimed 2million lives "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717890/Cambodia-tribunal-convicts-Khmer-Rouge-leaders.html#ixzz39k7FUKqQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Flagg
08-07-2014, 15:29
This was a long time coming.

"Khmer Rouge leaders given life in prison for 'extermination, inhumane acts and attacks against human dignity' 35 years after their reign of terror claimed 2million lives "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717890/Cambodia-tribunal-convicts-Khmer-Rouge-leaders.html#ixzz39k7FUKqQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's certainly been dragging on for a bloody long time.

I was there something like 2.5 years ago and not a whole lot of progress has been made after a lot of international money was spent :rolleyes:

I met a little munchkin fella named Bou Meng at the S21 Khmer Rouge torture facility in PP.

He was one of the very few prisoners to survive the facility(I think less than 10 survivors out of tens of thousands).

Happy little fella with a positive mental attitude.

Visiting the killing fields there was interesting....particularly the part about how blazingly fast the free wifi was in a rural 3rd world area with human bones sticking out of the ground.

After visiting a few genocide sites in different countries, seeing the underlying point of "The Act of Killing" doco(where humans can kill humans with less negative emotional/mental toll than stepping on a cockroach), and watching the current trajectory of global events, I reckon the underlying causes of genocide are just persistent and inherent characteristics of humanity.

Trapper John
08-07-2014, 20:26
Thanks for this post! This news has very deep and personal meaning for me a few Brothers I know too.

De Oppresso Liber