PDA

View Full Version : Secret serum likely saved Ebola patients

JJ_BPK
08-04-2014, 09:47
If this article is worded in the correct context, Is the CDC & this administration going to get shiite for "hiding" life saving treatment??

I am not a big supporter of Dr Gupta. More ofter than not, I think he comes across as a small time self serving tool of the Obama Admin and the MSM..

Using "secret" does sell copy,, but also points fingers at BAD GUYS..

Obvious question:

Why was the serum with held until two American's caught ebola???

Secret serum likely saved Ebola patients
By Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Danielle Dellorto, CNN
updated 11:15 AM EDT, Mon August 4, 2014

(CNN) -- Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save two American missionary workers who had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with details of the treatment.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

SF_BHT
08-04-2014, 09:56
If this article is worded in the correct context, Is the CDC & this administration going to get shiite for "hiding" life saving treatment??

I am not a big supporter of Dr Gupta. More ofter than not, I think he comes across as a small time self serving tool of the Obama Admin and the MSM..

Using "secret" does sell copy,, but also points fingers at BAD GUYS..

Obvious question:

Why was the serum with held until two American's caught ebola???

Now they will be saying why are Americans more important than Africans. Extremist Organizations are going to have a hay day with this. I bet that the 1st African leaders conf in DC will have some special discussions as to why are we withholding a secret drug!!!!!

Sdiver
08-04-2014, 10:27
Sounds like it could have come from a movie script.

Wait a sec .... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114069/

:munchin

SF_BHT
08-04-2014, 11:21
And since it is experimental if we used it on the locals there we would be accused of treating them like animals and accused of racism that way as well. A no win situation.

Yes it is but at least we have a lot of test subjects right now....;)

I bet if you offered them a chance they would agree!!!!!

Guymullins
08-04-2014, 11:51
I will bet that African leaders will blame the USA for developing the Ebola virus and use the existence of the experimental antidote as proof. They did the same with the AIDS epidemic and will do it again.

SF_BHT
08-04-2014, 12:56
I will bet that African leaders will blame the USA for developing the Ebola virus and use the existence of the experimental antidote as proof. They did the same with the AIDS epidemic and will do it again.

Bingo!!!!!

Flagg
08-04-2014, 14:03

Wasn't "they" a Soviet era operation that still holds traction amongst the ignorant to this day?

I wonder if the Russians would do a better job of building and spreading that meme than a bunch of corrupt 3rd world dictators?

I also wonder if the US as the target is an indicator of relative power/success/jealousy?

Maybe if China was the target of such memes it would indicate a shift in regional power.

Guymullins
08-04-2014, 14:20
Wasn't "they" a Soviet era operation that still holds traction amongst the ignorant to this day?

I wonder if the Russians would do a better job of building and spreading that meme than a bunch of corrupt 3rd world dictators?

I also wonder if the US as the target is an indicator of relative power/success/jealousy?

Maybe if China was the target of such memes it would indicate a shift in regional power.

China is the new hope for many African nations.They, the Chinese, do not insist on stupid western values like human rights, honesty or even healthy habits. They are quietly colonising Africa by sending their people in to establish businesses, from banking to tiny fancy goods dealers.Africans, as of old, are easily seduced and will sell out their birthright for baubles, and the Chinese are capitalising on this . They also supported some of the Big Men who are now ruling the post colonial ruins. Mugabe being foremost among the gang of thieves. Although Mugabe has turned his country into a wasteland, other African people love him because he sticks it to the white man whenever he has an opportunity. His own people are not so keen and have largely left for greener pastures.
The Soviet connection is still alive and kicking in South Africa. Most ANC bigwigs are old style Communists. It has only been confirmed after his death that Mandela was a life long Communist Party member. Despite the negotiated new constitution, the ANC are now attempting to launch the second revolution, which will nationalise everything of value. Communists have not changed a bit and I suspect they will re-surface again in Russia, even more virulent than they were earlier. They have done so here, but luckily, the African Communist is ineffective and prone to uselessness and the white Communists who started all the trouble have largely died off or emigrated when their utopia did not materialise, so there is no longer supervision at the strategic level and a lot of bumbling about is happening.

Flagg
08-04-2014, 14:34
China is the new hope for many African nations.They, the Chinese, do not insist on stupid western values like human rights, honesty or even healthy habits. They are quietly colonising Africa by sending their people in to establish businesses, from banking to tiny fancy goods dealers.Africans, as of old, are easily seduced and will sell out their birthright for baubles, and the Chinese are capitalising on this . They also supported some of the Big Men who are now ruling the post colonial ruins. Mugabe being foremost among the gang of thieves. Although Mugabe has turned his country into a wasteland, other African people love him because he sticks it to the white man whenever he has an opportunity. His own people are not so keen and have largely left for greener pastures.

I always looked at Rhodesia/Zimbabwe as a proxy battle amongst a naive/disinterested west, Soviet Union(ZIPRA), and China(ZANLA).

With China clearly winning it all.

Black folks across the board didn't win(as advertised in the west), just Mugabe's Shona mob.....as exemplified by the genocide targeting the Matabele people and destruction of ZIPRA opposition...as well as the better known expulsion of white intellectual/financial capital.

But surely the descent into the 7th level of poverty hell has an effect on the people, when the promised table scraps are not forthcoming.

We know you can't eat a vote(the all too often doomed siren call of liberal dogooderism), but outside of the ruling network you can't feast on victory over colonialism either.

While African people may love from afar the odd African strong man who stuck it to "whitey", I'm not buying that love translating over to include China.

In fact I would provide anecdotal evidence from my experience that the risk of blowback on ethnic Chinese people, and Chinese economic/diplomatic interests is quite real.

At least here in the Southwest Pacific I've seen the indigenous folks when they hit boiling point and literally burn Chinatown to the ground.

Surely opinions towards China and Chinese people would be changing(possibly quite considerably and not necessarily for the better) over time at the coalface.

Richard
08-04-2014, 14:42
From what I've read, survival rates for Ebola are 20%-40%, and dependent upon early detection and aggressive treatments.

I've also read there's a lot of fear, disinformation, rumor, and suspicion among the various peoples of the regions now being infected which is helping to fuel it. The epicenter for this outbreak was in Guinea, starting back in February, and then spreading across Guinea's borders to Sierra Leone and Liberia.

As with many of the world's societies, there are also customary rituals and ceremonies when people die which affect such situations - one here being of families washing their dead relatives before burial. There's a lot of close contact with a body when this is done and, because Ebola is spread through close contact with bodily fluids, this is one of the ways the virus is spreading. People are being warned not to do so, but they are saying that they have to bury their dead that way.

What a sad mess.

Richard

Guymullins
08-04-2014, 23:47
I always looked at Rhodesia/Zimbabwe as a proxy battle amongst a naive/disinterested west, Soviet Union(ZIPRA), and China(ZANLA).

With China clearly winning it all.

Black folks across the board didn't win(as advertised in the west), just Mugabe's Shona mob.....as exemplified by the genocide targeting the Matabele people and destruction of ZIPRA opposition...as well as the better known expulsion of white intellectual/financial capital.

But surely the descent into the 7th level of poverty hell has an effect on the people, when the promised table scraps are not forthcoming.

We know you can't eat a vote(the all too often doomed siren call of liberal dogooderism), but outside of the ruling network you can't feast on victory over colonialism either.

While African people may love from afar the odd African strong man who stuck it to "whitey", I'm not buying that love translating over to include China.

In fact I would provide anecdotal evidence from my experience that the risk of blowback on ethnic Chinese people, and Chinese economic/diplomatic interests is quite real.

At least here in the Southwest Pacific I've seen the indigenous folks when they hit boiling point and literally burn Chinatown to the ground.

Surely opinions towards China and Chinese people would be changing(possibly quite considerably and not necessarily for the better) over time at the coalface.

The smart money from the West has left Africa. Default on loans and straight forward dishonesty has shown that doing business with African nations is usually a one-way street. The Chinese have yet to learn this. Africans will also turn on anyone they perceive as more astute than they are, just like Uganda expelling all its Asians during Amin's time. It destroyed the country, but they at least got rid of those doing well and brought everyone down to the African level. Africa has lost Europe and India as friends, and to a large degree America too. There is only China and Russia left, and Russia is a bit busy at present. Russia also has considerable experience of the disappointing dealings with Africa and probably don't want to get burned again.

mark46th
08-05-2014, 08:11
I worked for a guy from Mali who had a Masters degree from Columbia. He knew that the CIA created the AID's virus to kill Africans...

Richard
08-05-2014, 09:13
<snip>...personnel assigned to USAMRIID {U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases} have established diagnostic laboratories in Liberia and Sierra Leone...<snip>

<snip>The exact origin, locations and natural reservoir of Ebola virus remain unknown.<snip>

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=122836

And so it goes...

Richard

Guymullins
08-05-2014, 12:11
I worked for a guy from Mali who had a Masters degree from Columbia. He knew that the CIA created the AID's virus to kill Africans...

Another damn CIA blunder.

miclo18d
08-06-2014, 05:19
They probably taught him that at Columbia!