PDA

View Full Version : Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel’s Kindergartens

LarryW
08-04-2014, 08:50
Makes one wonder about tunnels btwn Mexico and the US. "Tunnels: They're not just for breakfast anymore."

(Below is part of the article. See link for the rest, which includes a kind-of-a-map.)

Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel’s Kindergartens

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/27/stories-from-the-battlefield-hamas-tunnels-used-to-target-israels-kindergartens/?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FgfhiduoxVz

Multiple media outlets report that Hamas’s offensive tunnel network – now known to have been composed of over forty attack tunnels dug underneath Israel’s border with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip – was set to be activated during the Jewish High Holidays (September 24th) as a mass terror attack.

The attack was meant to generate as many as ten thousand casualties, men, women and particularly children and hundreds of captives. Explosives were particularly placed underneath kindergartens to make certain that these “institutions” would be the first struck, even before any thing else.

The IDF recently published the below map showing that tunnels were created in pairs, to empty out on both sides of nearby communities. The known cost of the infrastructure – each tunnel costs upward of some $1 million – clearly shows that Hamas was planning a coordinated mega-attack. It must be understood that use of even one tunnel would inevitably trigger Israeli retaliation against the entire network.

Flagg
08-04-2014, 14:22
If I had to hazard a guess I would think the "explosives under Israeli kindergardens" an information operations perception shaper.

While I reckon HAMAS are the bad guys in this(not to say Israel has acted perfectly either), I can't imagine the specific targeting of children as being anything but detrimental to HAMAS' operations/strategic goals.

And I wonder if the 9/11 comparison would be better exchanged for a Mumbai Massacre analog.

But very interesting none the less.

I can't help but think of the film The Great Escape....I wonder how HAMAS disperse all those cubic metres of spoor while under surveillance?

PSM
08-04-2014, 14:39
I wonder how HAMAS disperse all those cubic metres of spoor while under surveillance?

If you start in an empty warehouse, you just spread it around inside the building. ;)

Pat