PDA

View Full Version : Bizzaro World Citadel

NousDefionsDoc
12-08-2004, 15:14
College's Decision to Allow Men Irks Women

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

NEW YORK — A decision by Wells College (search), which has been all-women since 1868, to begin admitting male students in order to boost enrollment has riled female students.

Many students are threatening to leave the upstate New York college, but two have moved beyond threats and filed a lawsuit that says the decision to enroll men constitutes a breach of contract and fraud.

College administrators say the decision was necessary for the school's financial survival, because there aren't enough female applicants. Administrators don't want to admit men until the current freshman class graduates in 2008, and say the heart and soul of the school won't change.

"We are surviving as a college that will continue to educate women and will do so in a way that honors our history and meets the needs of current generations of students," said Wells spokeswoman Ann Rollo.

But many of the young women at the Aurora, N.Y., school say allowing men to attend would compromise the tight-knit community.

"We all leave our doors unlocked. We can run around in our nighties. It's all girls and we feel really safe and that will change," said student Starbuck Hersey.

A hearing on the lawsuit against the school is scheduled for Dec. 16. Until then, the school is actively recruiting male applicants

Bill Harsey
12-08-2004, 15:31

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

NEW YORK — A decision by Wells College (search), which has been all-women since 1868, to begin admitting male students in order to boost enrollment has riled female students.

"We all leave our doors unlocked. We can run around in our nighties. It's all girls and we feel really safe and that will change," said student Starbuck Hersey.

There's a statement that will really help personal security at the school.

Does Wells only let in the dumb ones? Oops, what I meant to say is, Wells is doing a great job preparing these young women to be part of the world when they graduate.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-08-2004, 15:33

applicants

Apparently they do not have any of the tattooed, extremely body pierced, gun toting, snuff chewing, beer swizziling, truck driving, hair matted, camo wearing, nature encrusted lovelies from the great Northern Forest as students there.

Jack Moroney

Bill Harsey
12-08-2004, 15:39
Apparently they do not have any of the tattooed, extremely body pierced, gun toting, snuff chewing, beer swizziling, truck driving, hair matted, camo wearing, nature encrusted lovelies from the great Northern Forest as students there.

Jack Moroney
Wow Jack, If I'd known the women in your neck of the woods were that hot...

Oh well, too late I'm already married.

You were referring to women, right?

Sacamuelas
12-08-2004, 15:49
"We run around in our nighties. It's all girls...
Is this place in heaven??? :munchin

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-08-2004, 15:52
Well actually at this time of year it is hard to tell. Right about now there is absolutely no way to tell the sex of an individual until the spring thaw. All you see are extremely bundled, amorphous shapes moving slowly thru the snow covered walks and roads with whisps of breath that condense as it eeks thru the scarfs, closed hoods, and ski masks which betray that they are really alive. It is also the time on non-verbal communication. Folks just pass one another with a slight rise of the hand, a nod, grunt or shrug. It is like they are afraid the cold weather is going to either crack their teeth or freeze their beards to the zipper on their coat if they attempt to speak. It is also the time we start getting all the really obnoxious calls right at dinner time to help those less fortunate than we. My usual answer is that I would be willing to sell them det cord so that they can blast the frozen gargabe can lids loose so that they can feed themselves. Then they get irate, then I get nastier and ask why is it that they can get money for booze and cigarettes but not enough money to feed themselves. Yep, gets down right interesting up here. My favorite phone call was from the DOVE organization yesterday which my wife took. This pitch was to stop all the fowl language in the family. Before I could off the lad a cup of shut the f... up Judy hung up the phone.

Jack Moroney-the compassionate

Bill Harsey
12-08-2004, 15:52
Is this place in heaven??? :munchin
There goes the security.

Bill Harsey
12-08-2004, 15:56
Well actually at this time of year it is hard to tell. Right about now there is absolutely no way to tell the sex of an individual until the spring thaw. All you see are extremely bundled, amorphous shapes moving slowly thru the snow covered walks and roads with whisps of breath that condense as it eeks thru the scarfs, closed hoods, and ski masks which betray that they are really alive. It is also the time on non-verbal communication. Folks just pass one another with a slight rise of the hand, a nod, grunt or shrug. It is like they are afraid the cold weather is going to either crack their teeth or freeze their beards to the zipper on their coat if they attempt to speak. It is also the time we start getting all the really obnoxious calls right at dinner time to help those less fortunate than we. My usual answer is that I would be willing to sell them det cord so that they can blast the frozen gargabe can lids loose so that they can feed themselves. Then they get irate, then I get nastier and ask why is it that they can get money for booze and cigarettes but not enough money to feed themselves. Yep, gets down right interesting up here. My favorite phone call was from the DOVE organization yesterday which my wife took. This pitch was to stop all the fowl language in the family. Before I could off the lad a cup of shut the f... up Judy hung up the phone.

Jack Moroney-the compassionate
LMAO!

Sacamuelas
12-08-2004, 16:08
Classic... Lol

DanUCSB
12-08-2004, 17:32
Well, hell, where do I send my transfer papers? :D

CPTAUSRET
12-08-2004, 17:41
But the entire world (or so we were told), approved females at Annapolis, West Point, the Air Force Academy, the Citadel, etc, etc, etc.

I guess you can't f--king have it both ways, unless you are a LIB...

Terry

CommoGeek
12-08-2004, 19:08
But the entire world (or so we were told), approved females at Annapolis, West Point, the Air Force Academy, the Citadel, etc, etc, etc.

I guess you can't f--king have it both ways, unless you are a LIB...

Terry

But you aren't a hypocrite if it supports your cause, Cap'n. :rolleyes:

Is the good Dr. Nancy interested in doing a study about the psychology of dumbasses for the next DSM?

SP5IC
12-08-2004, 19:40
I was fairly close to the VMI fight to stay all male, but as with all the military academies, plus the Citadel and VMI receiving either all or most of their funding from the feds or the state, women need to be admitted. There is a chapter 2 to this musing, but I'll put it to rest for a few days.