PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hazen in conjunction with Special Forces Association?

mdpatterson
07-15-2014, 08:18
I was in US Autoweapons today and saw they added another section to the ever growing SF collection. This is the same shop that sell the USM4 brand and everything USM4 has the SF Crest on it. I bought a few lowers (Found out later to be either POF or Hogan....I forget which because both companies trashing the other). I asked if this was legit back in a previous post and while opinions varied slightly, the final word was they were authorized and legit.

They now have vitually a window museum with baseball hats, berets, photos, etc. I have never heard any employee there claim any affiliation with SF or even the Army.

Now they are selling a new line of knives honoring Col Roger Donlon and SSG Robbie Miller. "Special Forces Association in conjunction with Mark Hazen Knives is proud to announce the new Legion of Valor Series of USM4 Combat Knives".

While I think it's great to honor these men, I can't get anyone working there (Incuding the owner) to explain their affiliation with SF. I only know the names of a handful of knife makers and Mark Hazen may be the second best in the world for all I know, (Mr. Harsey being #1 of course), but something just seems odd. These knives are also expensive and no mention yet of any proceeds going to any SF organization.

I could be the idiot here if it has already been discussed, but I couldn't find anything using the search function.

I'm hoping this is all on the up and up, but I wanted to point it out just in case it is not. I'll include a link but they only have one listed, the Miller version is also currently available in store. TS, I know you are on the other side of town, but I live right down the street if you want more pictures or anything.

http://www.usautoweapons.com/product.special-forces-donlon-knife-serialized?brand=494

Mike

Snaquebite
07-15-2014, 08:50
Check the left side column at the bottom
http://www.sfasales.com/

mdpatterson
07-15-2014, 10:54
Something is just off here. I knew the old manager there and confirmed with him that nobody there has ties to SF, and I'm just trying to figure how and why they would get this endorsement. The USM4 ammo is horrible, their novelty trigger that has a third position that kind of acts like a slidefire turned out to be junk, etc. The owner is a notorious liar and all around prick, they had two employees come to blows behind the counter with customers watching twice in the last year (I witnessed one of the times), I've watched an employee sell a lower and a 10.5" upper to a customer because the customer offered more money and didn't want to wait for his SBR........it goes on and on.

The old manager and friend went to work for FN, then AWC and now is pretty much in charge of all sales at Armalite. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why any current or former QP's would go in to business with them. I bought the lowers and they were fine, but after what I have seen the place turn in to, the only reason I walk in is because they are in a battle with The Scottsdale Gun club (TS can tell you what a pos the old owner there is) that each store has a policy that they will beat the other buy a dollar on anything in stock.

I'm not a QP and understand it's really none of my business so I hope I didn't offend anyone, but I do know I wouldn't want a crest of something I worked that hard for to be on anything they are selling.

I understand I was potentially drawing fire by posting this, but I have thick skin and will step back in my lane.

Mike

Snaquebite
07-15-2014, 11:06
A percentage of all sales goes to the SFA