PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado BOLO

Sdiver
07-13-2014, 22:19
Gents,
This gent has been missing for the past week from his home in Ft. Collins.
Tonight I just heard that he apparently is prior SF.
He suffers from dementia and apparently just "walked away" from his home.
I know you Gents have a GREAT network amongst yourselves, so I'm sure the family would be most appreciative if you/we got the word out.

Community searches for missing man

FORT COLLINS - Volunteers from around Fort Collins came together Sunday night to search for a man who has been missing for more than a week.

George Gosden, 64, walked away from his home in the 2800 block of Eastborough Drive on Saturday, July 5. The Army Special Forces veteran has dementia and moved from Ohio last year with his wife to live with his son.

Gosden's family believes he is still alive, as he has learned survival skills through his army training. They have been searching the area around Gosden's home for the past week.

As of late Sunday afternoon, close to a thousand people had liked a Facebook page devoted to searching for Gosden (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-George-Gosden/692298557474497?ref=br_tf). Several people on that page organized a community search for Sunday night.

It started at 6 p.m. at Christ Center Community Church, near the corner of Lemay and Drake in Fort Collins. Volunteers were asked to wear bright colors and carry cell phones. They were broken into teams to search the area on foot and by bicycle.

"A lot of people say 'we hope that you find him,'" said Jennifer Thompson, one of the organizers of the search. "Now's the time for the action."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/07/13/community-search-planned-for-missing-man/12603125/

For those on FB, here is the FB page with updated info that has been set up.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-George-Gosden/692298557474497?ref=br_tf

cat in the hat
07-14-2014, 04:36
if i were home and not "here" i would go help look. can you contact the VFW in ft Collins who in turn can talk to the American Legion and maybe some of the shelters on the north end of town.

Sdiver
07-14-2014, 11:09
if i were home and not "here" i would go help look. can you contact the VFW in ft Collins who in turn can talk to the American Legion and maybe some of the shelters on the north end of town.

Good idea.
I'll spread the word.

TOMAHAWK9521
07-14-2014, 12:49
Too bad they moved C/5/19 from there to TX. That would have been a good source of bodies to call up for help.

As Cat-in-Hat said, I'd help out if I was still around there. I moved away a couple years ago.

Sdiver
07-15-2014, 10:38
This was just posted on their FB page.

To all of our page followers; such a caring community. The family would like to inform all of you that a body matching George's description was found yesterday afternoon near Loveland. The police and coroners office are still investigating the case.

At this time, our family respectfully requests for privacy in the media as we await further information from the investigation.
We would like to the thank our family, friends and the public, those of you who have reached out and helped in the search and to spread the information about George. It is truly comforting to know that so many people have selflessly given of their time, thoughts, energy, prayers to support our family and to search for George. We are grateful.

Will update as more info becomes available.

Sdiver
07-15-2014, 17:54
It's been confirmed, the body found yesterday, is that of George Gosden. :(

Body identified as missing Fort Collins man

FORT COLLINS – The man whose body was discovered Monday night in the 6100 block of Zeigler Road has been identified as George Gosden, a 64-year-old man with dementia who went missing on July 5.

Authorities believe he died on July 6 from exposure, dehydration and cardiovascular disease, according to a news release from the Larimer County Coroner's Office.

Gosden, an Army Special Forces veteran, moved to Fort Collins from Ohio last year with his wife to live with his son.

His family believes he walked away from his home in the 2800 block of Eastborough Drive – about five miles away from where he was found.

Volunteers have spent more than a week searching for Gosden, who his family believed was still alive.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/07/15/george-gosden-body-found/12692673/

TOMAHAWK9521
07-15-2014, 19:59
Yeah, I heard that on the local news, too. The autopsy said he died from heart disease, exposure and dehydration. Damn, that sucks.

Rest easy now, brother. Be at peace.

PS: Unless someone has already done so, I can reach out to 5/19 to see if they might be able to provide some sort of detail for his funeral.

mark46th
07-15-2014, 20:35
Rest in Peace, Soldier...

PSM
07-15-2014, 20:44
He just went out on one last patrol. Rest in Peace, Soldier!

Pat

SF_BHT
07-15-2014, 21:01
Rest in Peace !!!!

orion5
07-15-2014, 23:47
Rest in peace Mr Gosden...

Golf1echo
07-16-2014, 00:25
He just went out on one last patrol. Rest in Peace, Soldier!

Pat

I like that, might be, he did what he knew and left with a little dignity. RIP

JJ_BPK
07-16-2014, 04:57
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios..

Barbarian
07-16-2014, 06:34
Rest in peace, Mr. Gosden, thank you for standing watch.

Joker
07-16-2014, 19:58
Rest in Peace Brothers. DOL

B36reconman
07-17-2014, 07:15
RIP Warrior..