PDA

View Full Version : New DNI

BMT (RIP)
12-08-2004, 09:29
Names of people being vetted by the White House for the new position of Director of National Intelligence:

DCI Porter Goss
Gov Tom Kean
General Michael Hayden
John Lehman
Sen. Joe Lieberman
Rep Pete Hoekstra
Rep Jane Harman...

BMT

Radar Rider
12-08-2004, 23:31
I would go with DCI Porter Goss. He's got the background, and he's basically in the equivalent position already. I'd think that everyone that voted for him as DCI would just as well vote for him to be DNI.

NousDefionsDoc
12-08-2004, 23:52
None of the above.

Joe Lieberman? COME ON!

Jane Harmon is a Kalifornia Democrat!

The only political experience Hoekstra has is in the House. No military service and he wasn't born in the US.

CRad
12-09-2004, 10:35
None of the above.

Joe Lieberman? COME ON!

Agree with NDD especially on the idea of Lieberman. The guy is for the birds.

shootandloot
12-09-2004, 10:42
I'd like to keep Porter Goss at CIA. From what I heard on the news, the new National Intelligence Director will not oversea CIAs clandestine operations, and with Porter Goss' background in the Directorate of Operations, I want want him there watching it closely.

CPTAUSRET
12-09-2004, 10:47
My vote...WAD.

Terry

Roguish Lawyer
12-09-2004, 10:50
That list can't be right. No way Harman is considered.

One of our lawyers ran against her recently and got his ass kicked! LOL Dumbass.

The Reaper
12-09-2004, 11:40
My vote...WAD.

Terry

I'm okay with that one. :D

TR

CRad
12-09-2004, 12:34
Senator Hagel’s duties include membership on three Senate committees: Foreign Relations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; and Select Committee on Intelligence. Hagel is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations International Economic Policy, Export and Trade Promotion Subcommittee and the Senate Banking International Trade and Finance Subcommittee. Hagel serves as the Co-chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China

Hagel served in Vietnam with his brother Tom in 1968. They served side by side as infantry squad leaders with the U.S. Army’s 9th Infantry Division. Hagel earned many military decorations and honors, including two Purple Hearts.

Among other honors Hagel has received are the 82nd Airborne Division Association's Recognition for the "National Airborne Day" Senate Resolution; the first annual Cordell Hull Award; the Horatio Alger Award from the Horatio Alger Association; The Vietnam Veterans of America Legislator of the Year Award...

http://hagel.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Biography.Home

I think the guy is wonderful. Wish he'd run for Pres in 2008.
CMR