PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Affairs Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry

Richard
06-21-2014, 08:40
FYI.

The Veterans Affairs Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry is now live.

Advocacy groups for service members who believe they have developed illnesses from working and living near burn-pit disposal sites in Iraq and Afghanistan noticed Thursday they could log in and register on the VA’s public health website.

More than 18 months in the making, the registry is open to active duty and former troops to report exposures to airborne hazards such as burn pits, oil well fires and other forms of pollution and document their health problems.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20140620/BENEFITS06/306200073?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And so it goes...

Richard

BryanK
12-30-2014, 06:55
This was brought to my attention today. You need a DS Log On user ID and password. They did not have my service annotated, so you may want to check yours out:

https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/AHBurnPitRegistry/#page/home

Jgood
01-04-2015, 19:33
Not sure why they still do this common sense dictates lots of airborne biohazard doing this.

Not a whole lot of other ways of getting rid of trash in the middle of no where, specially when every thing you throw away the enemy will reuse against you. Open to suggestions

JJ_BPK
01-05-2015, 06:57
Not a whole lot of other ways of getting rid of trash in the middle of no where, specially when every thing you throw away the enemy will reuse against you. Open to suggestions

I doubt there was a time that we didn't have burn pits, Ever..

Like SOS in the mess tent..

It's the ARMY.. :munchin

Team Sergeant
01-05-2015, 09:55
Desert Storm, we flew into Kuwait early morning, sun was up and it was a bright sunny day. When we got about halfway there it literally turned into night. It was so dark that some of the vanilla helicopters turned back as they could not see in the complete blackness. We inhaled that nasty black oil smoke for the next few months. I've little doubt some are having associated health problems because of it.

600 oil well fire will screw you up.

SF_BHT
01-05-2015, 11:26
I have to register when I get back home. Many I know have some respotory issues these days.

(1VB)compforce
01-05-2015, 17:49
Don't forget to hold on to a copy of the air study from Bagram if you were there (attached)

Also, a few months ago I got a VA pamphlet that said that certain respiratory issues are now considered "presumptive", meaning you don't have to prove that they are service connected, just that you were in the right places in theatre. I'll see if I can find it.

7624U
10-24-2017, 15:34
Bumping this old thread for a few of us that are getting ready or are getting out soon and need to document stuff.

have to register at the site.