PDA

View Full Version : Was accessed into CA and want SF

mbd7891
06-17-2014, 06:55
I am a YG '11 officer who was accessed into CA after the most recent ARSOF board. Have been wanting to go to SFAS for years, but understand that the Big Green Machine has a way of rolling. I still want the chance to attend SFAS but at this point I would need some help. If anyone knows a senior SF officer or NCO that would be willing to help or even to listen, please put me in contact.

Was a top 10% ROTC grad, commandant's list, Ranger/Jumpmaster, and been an infantry PL in the 82nd for 23 months where I've been top 10%. 348 on my last APFT, 1:04 on my last 10 mile run, 33:06 my last 5 mile run, 2:21 my last 12 mile ruck.

Will serve my country either way but doesn't mean I have to take no for an answer. Thanks for any help or advice.

spottedmedic111
06-18-2014, 09:47
Well I don't understand what's preventing you from attending selection, CA accession aside. If you want to apply you should do it. Fill out a 4187 for SFAS and send it up, nobody local can stop you.

WarriorDiplomat
06-18-2014, 10:30
I am a YG '11 officer who was accessed into CA after the most recent ARSOF board. Have been wanting to go to SFAS for years, but understand that the Big Green Machine has a way of rolling. I still want the chance to attend SFAS but at this point I would need some help. If anyone knows a senior SF officer or NCO that would be willing to help or even to listen, please put me in contact.

Was a top 10% ROTC grad, commandant's list, Ranger/Jumpmaster, and been an infantry PL in the 82nd for 23 months where I've been top 10%. 348 on my last APFT, 1:04 on my last 10 mile run, 33:06 my last 5 mile run, 2:21 my last 12 mile ruck.

Will serve my country either way but doesn't mean I have to take no for an answer. Thanks for any help or advice.

Sir,

Based off of the trend of today we are overstaffed on Officers, some have finished the Q-Course given the tab and sent back to their branch. The issue you face is the potential for recycle in our training, your year group will place you at 4-5 yrs T.I.G. as a Captain your 2 yrs of team time would likely see you promoted to Major and you will miss the Command track requirement of the full Det Commander and XO positions. Your YG is what has placed with C/A. But I must say as GB that CA is an awesome highly relevant critical piece of the entire military operational continuum from peace to full scale war. In SOF CA it is critical to UW/FID/COIN. I can say without hedsitation that CA goes places most ODA's will never see and many times they have the first look in an unstable region prior to SF getting involved. Not to mention that CA's mission paves the way when it comes to indigenous welcoming our help or hating Americans. Good Luck

exsquid
06-20-2014, 07:27
If you "really" want it. You can leave AD and go NG.

x/S

NC6J
06-22-2014, 06:57
If active component is telling you that CA is your only option, and SF is your goal, even if it means not being your full time job, consider NG SF.