PDA

View Full Version : Idiot drone users

mojaveman
06-13-2014, 16:09
Just the other day I read a story online about a kid who was flying a camera mounted drone over a few female sunbathers at a Connecticut beach. Apparently one of the women didn't like it and assaulted the young pilot. She ended up being charged with a misdemeanor battery. I thought maybe she overreacted a little bit until today.

I was attending a High School graduation ceremony this morning and some moron was flying a camera mounted drone in the air around the ceremonies. At first he was keeping it at a safe altitude but later began flying it lower and closer to the crowd. I wasn't sure if he was trying to be cute or not when he buzzed it about a foot over some people's heads. This thing was the size of a small milk crate and had four very high RPM propellers about 6" in diameter. The whole time I was thinking if this idiot hits someone and injures them he, the school district or both are going to be looking at a serious lawsuit.

I think we're going to see more regulations concerning their use in the near future.

Rant over.