View Full Version : Green Beret Vs. Gwyneth Paltrow

Team Sergeant
05-29-2014, 22:21
LOL well done Bryan!

Green Beret clarifies difference between war and twitter for Gwyneth Paltrow

By Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA
Clash Daily Guest Columnist

To Miss Paltrow,

I’d first like to start out by saying how terrible I feel for you and all your friends that on a daily basis have to endure mean words written by people you don’t know. I can only imagine the difficulty of waking up in a 12,000 square foot Hollywood home and having your assistant retrieve your iPhone, only to see that the battery is low and someone on twitter (the social media concept that you and all of your friends contribute to on an hourly basis to feed your ego and narcissistic ways), has written a mean word or 2 about you. You’ve hit the nail on the head, war is exactly like that. You should receive a medal for the burden you have carried on your shoulders due to these meanies on social media.

You said, “Its almost like, how in war, you go through this bloody dehumanizing thing and then something is defined out of it.” I could see how you, and others like you in “the biz”, could be so insecure and mentally weak that you could pair the difficulty of your life on twitter to my brothers who have had their limbs ripped off and seen their friends shot, blown up, burned and disfigured, or wake up every morning in pain – while just starting the day is a challenge. How about our wives? The ones that sign on to be there for us through thick and thin, that help us to shake the hardships of war upon our return? And do all this while being mothers to our kids, keeping bills in order because we are always gone, and keeping our lives glued together. They do all this, by the way, without a team of accountants, nanny’s, personal assistants, and life coaches. Yeah, reading a mean tweet is just like all that.

You know what is really “dehumanizing”, Miss Paltrow? The fact that you’d even consider that your life as an “A-list” celebrity reading internet comments could even compare to war and what is endured on the battlefield. You and the other “A-listers” that think like you are laughable. You all have actually convinced yourselves that you in some way face difficulty on a regular basis. Let me be the first to burst your bubble: a long line at Starbucks, your driver being 3 minutes late, a scuff mark on your $1200 shoes and a mean tweet do not constitute difficulty in the eyes of a soldier.

Understand me when I say this: war does not define me. It is a chapter in my life that helped shaped me. Being a husband and father is what defines me. Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never…be close to what war is.

Letter can be found here:
http://clashdaily.com/2014/05/green-beret-slams-gwyneth-paltrow-theres-big-difference-real-war-twitter/#yXxDV59S6xhY5AA6.99

MR2
05-29-2014, 22:25
Is this a duffleblog? Everybody knows that actresses can't read...

Very well done.

glebo
05-30-2014, 05:08
that's really good..:lifter

miclo18d
05-30-2014, 05:34
So Gwinnie, what flavor is that $1000 Christian Loubuotin platform that you just put in your mouth...again?

What's in the box? I'd say her career!

cbtengr
05-30-2014, 06:13
Very well stated!

Stealthed
05-30-2014, 13:17
Couldn't have said it better myself. Ole G. Paltrow will probably bitch and complain about the letter on Twitter.

MtnGoat
05-30-2014, 15:46
I wonder how many years of counseling she will have to go through to deal with the PTSD caused by that letter? Getting talked to by a Green Beret can be a traumatic event you know.

Bro she would likely get 100-80 % disabilities from the VA.

Gypsy
05-30-2014, 17:37
Stupid is as stupid does.

:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
05-30-2014, 17:43
I wonder how many years of counseling she will have to go through to deal with the PTSD caused by that letter? Getting talked to by a Green Beret can be a traumatic event you know.

Yeah, I think I may be responsible for a few folks having to seek therapy....:rolleyes:

Javadrinker
05-30-2014, 19:23
outstanding!

NurseTim
05-30-2014, 19:57
Bro she would likely get 100-80 % disabilities from the VA.

Yeah, but not for a very long time.

Team Sergeant
05-31-2014, 16:18
It's gone viral....... and it's hit the MSM......

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/05/31/army-green-beret-slams-gwyneth-paltrow-in-scathing-essay/?intcmp=features

Army Green Beret slams Gwyneth Paltrow in scathing essay
Published May 31, 2014
A US Army Green Beret has hit out at Gwyneth Paltrow in a scathing essay after the actress compared enduring Internet haters to the ravages of war reports The New York Post.

Sergeant First Class Bryan Sikes, who suffered a broken neck and back in a 2008 IED explosion in Afghanistan, was infuriated by the actress’ idiotic comment comparing negative online comments to being at war during a tech conference this week.
She whined, “You come across [online comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing … It’s almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it.”

Stobey
06-02-2014, 19:19
Yeah, I think I may be responsible for a few folks having to seek therapy....:rolleyes:

Aw c'mon Team Sergeant. You mean to tell me that you were not one of those Sergeants who wanted to help the new enlistees "... through their first difficult days of military service."? You didn't make anyone "PLO" (Permanent Latrine Orderly) did you?

(This reference may be a bit before your time. It is from the 1957 movie, "No Time for Sergeants". No offence intended. I just offered it up to bring you some cheer! :D )

JHD
06-03-2014, 18:11
Well done, and spot on.:lifter