PDA

View Full Version : School children abducted.

Guymullins
05-29-2014, 09:13
Not a peep was raised by the west in 1978 when a few hundred school kids were abducted by a terrorist movement. Today , we don't hear the end of the Boko Haram abductions. This is what happens when terrorists are appeased. It comes back to bite the appeasers in the ass. Sometimes quicker than others, but the wheel will turn,

It is Ascension Day today. On Ascension Day 36 years ago, 376 SADF Paratroopers attacked a fortified SWAPO military base in Angola, consisting of many thousands of PLAN soldiers, both male and female, as well as a handful of small children. The children had been kidnapped three weeks before the raid from a school two hundred Km to the south in Namibia.This was done to fool a UN inspection committee that Cassinga had a refugee element to it. The UNHCR would then supply the SWAPO base with food, money and medicine. This ruse by SWAPO enabled them to run their terrorist army at UN expense, but it also tragically exposed these children to any attack on the base. Luckily, only one or two kids were hurt during a preliminary bombing run before the airborne drop took place. After a full days hard battle, the SWAPO defenders surrendered, thus confining their casualties to around a thousand dead and many more wounded. The victorious paratroopers destroyed huge stockpiles of ammunition and a Cuban armoured column before withdrawing back to South West Africa. Four South African Paratroopers were killed and about 12 wounded. SWAPO celebrates Cassinga Day as a public holiday and are, to this day, unable to admit their fraud perpetrated on the UN. They maintain the pre tense that Cassinga was a refugee camp, although the truth is now emerging in Namibia from the survivors who surrendered and lived to tell the tale.

Sdiver
05-29-2014, 09:21
Hashtags and twitter weren't around back then, making the "Hollywood Elite" feel like they were helping, and because of that the MSM didn't run with the story. They couldn't "suck up" to celebrities back then as they do now.

:munchin

Guymullins
05-29-2014, 09:38
We never seem to learn from our mistakes. I read your book on the raid. Good read and it took some nerve to jump right into a force that outnumbered you with an armor column right down the road.

Col Jan Breytenbach my OC was never short of nerve. A few years later, he saved the life of his jeep HMGunner after they detonated a landmine. The Colonel badly injured himself, dashed back into the inferno and pulled the gunner out. The gunner lost both legs, was badly burned, as was the Colonel. I had lunch with the gunner last week when he re-visited South Africa. Read more here about my best American pal. www.chutzpah.org.za
Col Breytenbach was the father of the South African Special Forces , being the first commanding officer of the Recces, 32 Bn, 44 Para Brigade and the Guerrilla School.