PDA

View Full Version : Maricopa County Sherriff

Team Sergeant
05-22-2014, 10:27
Maricopa County Sherriff

I was speaking with a Maricopa County sheriff deputy yesterday and was told the Maricopa County Sherriff is going to a "hammerless" pistol. I just laughed and asked why, no answer.

Made me think that someone in the Maricopa County Sherriff's office is receiving one hell of a kickback from Glock........

Well done Glock, building and pimping the worst pistol in the world to law enforcement everywhere.

have_gun
05-22-2014, 11:12
I was told that the move would be to S&W M&P9, possibly to coordinate with the recently acquired M&P15s.

have_gun
05-22-2014, 12:11
The AR selection was all over the map until the finalized and the guys in the field weren't aware of the S&W selection until the rifles were distributed.

The word came down about the M&P 9 selection a few months ago and included the phrase "no other weapon shall be carried on or off duty." That has changed since.

I wonder who's in charge.

Javadrinker
05-22-2014, 13:18
Are you sure that it isn't a Sig?

Scimitar
05-22-2014, 13:42
Maricopa County Sherriff

I was speaking with a Maricopa County sheriff deputy yesterday and was told the Maricopa County Sherriff is going to a "hammerless" pistol. I just laughed and asked why, no answer.

TS, for those of us uninitiated, would you be willing to expound on the cons and perceived pros of hammerless technology.

It's hard to be anywhere near a "gun guy" here down under where CCWs don't even exist, so I honestly hadn't even heard of a hammerless pistol.

S

tonyz
05-22-2014, 15:38
Very simple animation below before the folks with real knowledge share their thoughts.

Animation of common striker fired pistol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_3Ihpq9T4

Animation of 1911 hammer fired pistol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3NRyP7uFI0

KPz1234
05-25-2014, 04:34
Sig's new Striker Fired Pistol (http://thearmsguide.com/6505/shot-show-2014-new-sig-striker-fire-pistol-p320/)

BRAVO-SMASH
05-25-2014, 06:26
Well done Glock, building and pimping the worst pistol in the world to law enforcement everywhere.

When our team finally where issued Glock 19s, I too was very happy to get away from the M9. Then there are others who prefer the M9 over G19s. It’s a shooters preference why single action versus double action works. What is your reasoning for your opinion about Glock TS?
:munchin

Team Sergeant
05-25-2014, 08:34
When our team finally where issued Glock 19s, I too was very happy to get away from the M9. Then there are others who prefer the M9 over G19s. It’s a shooters preference why single action versus double action works. What is your reasoning for your opinion about Glock TS?
:munchin

I've written a ton of information concerning the glock. In my professional opinion the worst pistol on the market today.

BRAVO-SMASH
05-25-2014, 09:26
I've written a ton of information concerning the glock. In my professional opinion the worst pistol on the market today.

I'm sorry to hear that.

TrapperFrank
05-25-2014, 21:30
Damn Team Sergeant, you are h8ing on the Glocks. I've had a model 19 for over 20 years and have had no problems with mine. Guess I got one of the good ones.

SF_BHT
05-26-2014, 08:49
Damn Team Sergeant, you are h8ing on the Glocks. I've had a model 19 for over 20 years and have had no problems with mine. Guess I got one of the good ones.

Carry a G17/G19/G27 and have never had a stoppage or failure after thousands of rounds through each. I have a SIG that has done just as well. I have had friends have failures but after checking them out it was a Gen 4 problem with the spring or knock off mags. I have also changed all of my guns to 3-3.5lb trigger pull. 5-6 lbs is too stiff for me.

I still have several 1911 style pistols and love them but for every day extreme climate I do like the Glock and SIG for CC.

As long as it is not a 92SB I am Happy. Never liked that gun. Never felt safe after those slides went wrong in the early days.

Just my 2cents

Papa Zero Three
05-26-2014, 09:52
Carried and shot Glocks for years. No complaints, it works for me fine. Then again, all of mine are Gen 2 except for one, but they have never given me a problem.

Team Sergeant
05-26-2014, 10:25

And some folks swear by the Ford Taurus.... you get what you pay for ;)

SF_BHT
05-26-2014, 11:27
And some folks swear by the Ford Taurus.... you get what you pay for ;)

Now that is Funny......;)

Who drives a Taurus:eek:

Next we will hear that the AMC Pacer was a great car

Sohei
05-26-2014, 12:00
...Next we will hear that the AMC Pacer was a great car

But, it was...when compared to a Gremlin...or was it? ;):D

Rob_Frey
05-26-2014, 16:43
But, it was...when compared to a Gremlin...or was it? ;):D

A guy in my high school had a Gremlin with a 401 stuffed in it. Now that was a cool car!

I witnessed him pulling the front wheels up off of the pavement from a stop sign. :lifter

SigmaAaron
07-01-2014, 18:14
MCSD home of the pink handcuffs. :rolleyes: