PDA

View Full Version : MIND=BLOWN! New MG's at home?

35NCO
05-21-2014, 06:38
Check this out:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/05/14/did-atfs-determination-on-nics-checks-open-the-door-for-manufacture-of-new-machineguns-for-trusts/#comments

Steps:
1. Get NFA Trust
2. File Form 1 with $200 check to ATF
3. Wait for forms to return
4. Forms return approved, make MG
5. Smiles!

Or

Step 5 could end up being a court ruling win/lose and or Jail when they realize what they have done. We shall see! :cool: :munchin

bubba
05-21-2014, 07:11
Miller = 2nd Amendment covers "weapon (that) is any part of the ordinary military equipment "

Heller = 2nd Amendment cannot federally preclude US Citizens from purchasing firearms

McDonald = 2nd Amendment applies to States

The math is Miller + Heller + McDonald = 1986 prohibition on me manufacturing, buying, or transferring a FULLY AUTOMATIC SCAR, UMP, M16, etc is not valid. It doesn't matter who or what a person is WRT a trust. The USSC has spoken, ATF just hasn't got the memo I guess.

35NCO
05-21-2014, 19:56
Yes, I agree the whole thing is wrong. I think that latest SC ruling with the most recent cases is the law, and with that, they now lean on some regulation of certain types of weapons. MG's are not specifically mentioned in the ruling, however in the oral arguments I remember one of the judges quickly stating something like: "Wait, Wait, Wait, we are not going to make a ruling on machine guns today right? I am not prepared for that.."

I will try to find the recording. The SC specifically was fully aware of the implications of discussing MG's and purposely avoided it.

The people that have gotten the memo is the DOJ and they choose to ignore all of it. Like we are seeing with states like montanna telling its citizens that they can legally manufacture silencers in the state for personal use in the state. Then the DOJ saying "no that's illegal and against federal law" and threatening to prosecute the citizens that violate the GCA and NFA in the state.

I discussed this before here that it is hypocritical of the Fed to do this because of the legal pot issue in Colorado vs actual federal law in which the DOJ said it will ignore.

So if this is the case, what state will follow through with the 2nd amendment and allow its citizens to legally manufacture MG's? Its getting closer to this in a few states that now allow the personal manufacture of some NFA, just no one has crossed the line to MG's, ...yet.

Its still so bizarre to watch the ATF go back and forth with its rulings and letters everytime it violates its own laws and tax codes that its meant to enforce.

Ambush Master
05-21-2014, 20:36
Yes, I agree the whole thing is wrong. I think that latest SC ruling with the most recent cases is the law, and with that, they now lean on some regulation of certain types of weapons. MG's are not specifically mentioned in the ruling, however in the oral arguments I remember one of the judges quickly stating something like: "Wait, Wait, Wait, we are not going to make a ruling on machine guns today right? I am not prepared for that.."

I will try to find the recording. The SC specifically was fully aware of the implications of discussing MG's and purposely avoided it.

The people that have gotten the memo is the DOJ and they choose to ignore all of it. Like we are seeing with states like montanna telling its citizens that they can legally manufacture silencers in the state for personal use in the state. Then the DOJ saying "no that's illegal and against federal law" and threatening to prosecute the citizens that violate the GCA and NFA in the state.

I discussed this before here that it is hypocritical of the Fed to do this because of the legal pot issue in Colorado vs actual federal law in which the DOJ said it will ignore.

So if this is the case, what state will follow through with the 2nd amendment and allow its citizens to legally manufacture MG's? Its getting closer to this in a few states that now allow the personal manufacture of some NFA, just no one has crossed the line to MG's, ...yet.

Its still so bizarre to watch the ATF go back and forth with its rulings and letters everytime it violates its own laws and tax codes that its meant to enforce.

What the States are basing this on is that the ONLY control that the Feds have is based on Interstate Commerce Restrictions!! The States are saying that the feds have ZERO juristiction because of The 10th Amendment, States Rights, unless Interstate Commerce is brought into the picture!!

Later
Martin

35NCO
09-21-2014, 19:36
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/09/foghorn/atf-may-just-approved-first-new-civilian-machine-gun-28-years/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/11/atf-approves-post-86-machine-gun-form-1/

The first of many, many more to come. This will get interesting. Now the ATF is going to be forced to be tested on this. :munchin

What a spectacularly amazing phone call...I was half joking at the start of this thread, but this REALLY just happened: (ATF: We sent you the legal authority according to our own rules to build a machine gun....however...we made an "oops" and need that stamp back...please do not build the MG because we will send you to jail anyway....we need the stamp back to destroy the evidence that this ever happened.) :eek:

The Agent in the call was really professional I will give him that, but the whole situation is insane. ATF...:rolleyes:

Javadrinker
09-22-2014, 17:21
I'd make copies, and more copies, and more copies and hire a very good attorney and NOT give it back.....if I had the $$