PDA

View Full Version : I need recruiting help. my future depends on it.

PokemonMaster
05-21-2014, 02:09
I am in the Guard and I got a conditional release to go active and get an 18x contract. I am in the process but I have a shrimp allergy on my record from when I enlisted. The recruiter says that if I go to Meps I would have to get a waiver (I already got one to enlist in the first place) and that would disqualify me from Airborne. So I went through my guard unit and got an airborne physical done in hope that it will get me pass the Doc at meps. Odds are it won't, but I heard that Meps has to call SOCOM anyway and if they say I can come even if I need a waiver they will let me in. Is this true?

I really want to get in. If I don't I will have to join the Guard SF or fly to France and join the Legion.

Tango three
05-27-2014, 10:00
Damn!
Airborne is a hell of a lot tougher then I remember it if you have to eat shrimp to get youyr wings.

Richard
05-27-2014, 10:44
So CDQC is out for you. :rolleyes:

Ask these guys -

http://sorbrecruiting.com/

Richard

The Reaper
05-27-2014, 12:04
Damn!
Airborne is a hell of a lot tougher then I remember it if you have to eat shrimp to get youyr wings.

T3:

Follow the board rules and get vetted if you want to post in this forum.

Thanks.

TR

mojaveman
05-27-2014, 13:29
.....or fly to France and join the Legion.

I admire your ambition and if I were young again it's something I might try. Parlez vous Francais?

PokemonMaster
05-30-2014, 09:03
I admire your ambition and if I were young again it's something I might try. Parlez vous Francais?

No I don't speak French, but it's a language I can pick up easily. (Spanish speaker and I'm currently learning Portuguese)

PokemonMaster
05-30-2014, 09:05
So CDQC is out for you. :rolleyes:

Ask these guys -

http://sorbrecruiting.com/

Richard

Thanks.

PokemonMaster
06-18-2014, 21:26
Update: I got an Airborne physical through the guard so I should not have to get a physical at MEPS. I head to MEPS next Thursday. If all goes well I will get to sign the contract next Thursday. One last hoop to jump through. I fairly optimistic about it all though.

blue02hd
06-19-2014, 07:00
I already question your ability to be successful in this calling based on the username you have selected.

PokemonMaster?

First impressions are lasting,,,

PokemonMaster
06-19-2014, 21:29
I already question your ability to be successful in this calling based on the username you have selected.

PokemonMaster?

First impressions are lasting,,,

You're not the first person to say this. It makes no sense to me. It's an online alias. Your name and two numbers in the middle of it.

Last hard class
06-19-2014, 22:02
It makes no sense to me. It's an online alias.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh today. :D

BTW: Don't let Blue02hd fool you. Every group actually has a slot for a Pokémon Master. His office is quartered in the lawn mower shed.

Good luck

LHC

PokemonMaster
08-28-2014, 15:25
:UPDATE:

Swearing in next Friday.:lifter

Pete
08-28-2014, 15:51
Update us every so often on this thread.

Many, many months from now I expect to see a graduation date.

PokemonMaster
08-28-2014, 18:02
Update us every so often on this thread.

Many, many months from now I expect to see a graduation date.

Roger.

PRB
08-28-2014, 18:16
Pretty sure there is no shrimp MRE and I doubt if the Pineland G's are much into it either.....

mark46th
08-28-2014, 20:14
"Pretty sure there is no shrimp MRE and I doubt if the Pineland G's are much into it either..... " PRB

Some of the G's like crawfish, I'll bet.

blue02hd
08-29-2014, 07:15
Hey there Pikachu,

Do you have Selection locked in yet or are you on an open contract?

PokemonMaster
08-29-2014, 13:44
Hey there Pikachu,

I will know on Friday, before I swear in. I'll post the dates in here.

PokemonMaster
08-29-2014, 13:51
Hey there Pikachu,

On second thought. Why do you want to know my dates?

Team Sergeant
08-29-2014, 13:56
On second thought. Why do you want to know my dates?

So he can go and see your girlfriend while you are away.....

blue02hd is his "online alias" his real name is Jody.......:munchin

Last hard class
08-29-2014, 16:08

:D

I wonder how many awesome cadence calls have been lost since The Big Green turned metrosexual?

LHC

Go Devil
08-29-2014, 16:15

Hahahhahha!!! Almost lost my drink!

The Reaper
08-29-2014, 17:11
Mama told Jody not to go downtown!

TR

dollarbill
08-29-2014, 21:00

LOL, just blew some beer through my nose. :D

PSM
08-29-2014, 21:44

TR

For the youngsters:

A Green Beret recruiter was hanging around; ;)

Pat

Opps! SFQ. I'm our of my lane. I apologize.

Scimitar
08-29-2014, 23:13
For the youngsters:

A Green Beret recruiter was hanging around; ;)

Mamma told Johnny not to go downtown (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbDK8GkiprM)

S

PokemonMaster
09-05-2014, 16:04
I got signed.:) Signed a 5 year deal. No SFAS date just Infantry OSUT and airborne. I leave Nov 4th for basic. I may be one of the few people who will have two birthdays at basic training. :lifter

PokemonMaster
12-23-2014, 11:14
Update for those who want it. (Prior service)

I am home on holiday block leave 11x OSUT. I got a week 7 start date, some PS guys got day 1 start. Why? Because they either had low PT or didn't know their BRM score. You fill out an orders request form the day before you leave and that determines where they start you in the cycle.

He made it clear that if you are just using the 18x contract to get into AD, you must let him know so you're not WASTING his time.

We (there are a handful of PS 18x guys) met with the SF liaison and he basically gave us an insight on the SF pipeline and gave us his expectations on PT. He is a great guy and after meeting with him and getting info on student company and SOPC. I am very confident that I will get selected and go on to do great things in the Army.

So when I go back I will graduate OSUT in a month then head to Airborne.

Bettendorf
12-23-2014, 13:39
Enjoy the holidays and have fun in training!

PokemonMaster
12-25-2014, 08:59
Enjoy the holidays and have fun in training!

Thank you. You enjoy your holidays as well.

Team Sergeant
12-27-2014, 13:14
Upon finishing infantry school our drill sergeant asked us:

"How many of you guys are headed to airborne school?"

Six of us raised our hands. The drill sergeant then said "Follow me."

He told us for the next few days/weeks as everyone else is taking leave or just hanging out waiting for their next assignment and that we should be PTing our asses off. He said we were physically ready but he wanted us to "lead the pack". So the six of us became PT animals.

Just as we were headed to the other side of the base for airborne school the drill sergeant said to us he was proud of us and asked if we liked our current haircuts? We said yes and he went onto explain that our haircuts were well within Army Regs and when we arrived at airborne school to tell them we will keep our hair just the way it is......

We did.

And OMFG did we pay for that hair............

The Black Hats did not find our long hair amusing. We had some SEALS in our class and they were always poking fun at the Black Hats, the Black Hats in turn would make the SEALS do pushups until they could do no more. About the second time the Black Hats put the SEALS in the front leaning rest one of them caught us watching and said:

"From now on every time the SEALS drop so do you long hair guys .... "

Holy shite it was a punishing 4 weeks........ I swear the SEALS would get dropped like every 30 minutes, and if one dropped they all dropped and we dropped with them. By the time I was done with Airborne school I had to purchase a new dress green jacket, not kidding.

So when you go to Airborne School, tell them you "DON'T want your head shaved." Tell them a retired "Green Beret" told you to tell them that. When they state Army Regulations, tell them your hair is well within Army Regulations and that you don't want it cut any shorter.

Try to make it a group effort, just the 11x OSUT guys and maybe some other infantry guys.

Then prepare for pain and enjoy the suck, you earned it.

PokemonMaster
12-28-2014, 18:11
Upon finishing infantry school our drill sergeant asked us:

"How many of you guys are headed to airborne school?"

Six of us raised our hands. The drill sergeant then said "Follow me."

He told us for the next few days/weeks as everyone else is taking leave or just hanging out waiting for their next assignment and that we should be PTing our asses off. He said we were physically ready but he wanted us to "lead the pack". So the six of us became PT animals.

Just as we were headed to the other side of the base for airborne school the drill sergeant said to us he was proud of us and asked if we liked our current haircuts? We said yes and he went onto explain that our haircuts were well within Army Regs and when we arrived at airborne school to tell them we will keep our hair just the way it is......

We did.

And OMFG did we pay for that hair............

The Black Hats did not find our long hair amusing. We had some SEALS in our class and they were always poking fun at the Black Hats, the Black Hats in turn would make the SEALS do pushups until they could do no more. About the second time the Black Hats put the SEALS in the front leaning rest one of them caught us watching and said:

"From now on every time the SEALS drop so do you long hair guys .... "

Holy shite it was a punishing 4 weeks........ I swear the SEALS would get dropped like every 30 minutes, and if one dropped they all dropped and we dropped with them. By the time I was done with Airborne school I had to purchase a new dress green jacket, not kidding.

So when you go to Airborne School, tell them you "DON'T want your head shaved." Tell them a retired "Green Beret" told you to tell them that. When they state Army Regulations, tell them your hair is well within Army Regulations and that you don't want it cut any shorter.

Try to make it a group effort, just the 11x OSUT guys and maybe some other infantry guys.

Then prepare for pain and enjoy the suck, you earned it.

Roger. Let's see how this works out for us.:lifter

PokemonMaster
02-01-2015, 10:30
I got my Blue cord on Thursday. I'm officially an Infantryman. I never thought it would be this special since I'm prior service but it was. The Infantry is something else. Headed to Airborne next week. I also got my SWCS patch. Feels good man.
:lifter

Team Sergeant
02-01-2015, 14:13
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Napoleon Bonaparte

blue02hd
02-01-2015, 15:30
BTW,

When ya head home grab some beer on the way, your fridge is empty.

PokemonMaster
05-28-2015, 13:12
Heading to selection. Time to put all the knowledge and training to the test.

PRB
05-28-2015, 14:10
I got my Blue cord on Thursday. I'm officially an Infantryman. I never thought it would be this special since I'm prior service but it was. The Infantry is something else. Headed to Airborne next week. I also got my SWCS patch. Feels good man.

The Infantry is special. I still have the Blue cord issued to me at Ft. Lewis. I remember being very proud of that designation.

PokemonMaster
07-02-2015, 11:34
I got dropped.:( Now im not sure if I want to go to RASP or to Italy/Germany before I come back and hit it a second time.:lifter

Civ
07-02-2015, 12:28
Sorry to hear..

What will you improve next time around?