PDA

View Full Version : EDC Update

The Reaper
05-11-2014, 14:39
Okay, guys, show time.

Empty your pockets / belt / hands / head / murse right now and take a pic.

No cheating.

What are you carrying?

Left to right and top to bottom, more or less.

- Hat and Oakleys
- Cash with money clip, ID / card wallet, change
- Leatherman Charge XTi in pouch with spare driver bits and ferro rod, Samsung S5 phone, measuring tape
- 550 cord, BIC lighter (with Spectra line, needles and hooks wrapped in 100 mph tape), reading glasses, whistle, spare mag, earplugs, pocket flashlight (Fenix PD20)
- Lone Wolf D2, pen, Sharpie, pistol (Kel-Tec P3AT)
- Cravat, keys (with Photon MicroLight), rings, Casio Solar ProTrek watch

Belt items hung on a Kramer double-thick horsehide belt.

Whaddaya got?

TR

Lan
05-11-2014, 15:00
Not prepared at all!

Wallet - No Cash
Keys
Phone

MR2
05-11-2014, 15:33
Shit! I'm still in my jammies.

Sdiver
05-11-2014, 15:47
L to R, Top to Bottom:

Ball cap with sunglasses.
CCW, Driver License, Vehicle Registration, Challenge coin for weight
Reading glasses

Droid Razor (no phone access) used for internet. Quick apps included: GPS hunter's guide, Flashlight, Google maps, Local police scanner. Also quick access to The Federalist Papers and U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence, also camera (video and still)
Pocket knife with seat belt cutter and glass "breaker" (and yes, that is a small flashlight attached)
Cell phone (pay as you go, no contracts)
Bic lighter
Wallet (yes, that is one of those cheap "credit card knives") ... (usually have no less than $60.00, but just got back from taking mom out for mother's day brunch)

Sterling Silver bracelet
Analog watch with small compass attached
RING OF POWER (my Masonic ring)
Truck and house keys with P38 attached
Ink pen
Spare mag (10 rds) w/holder
Taurus PT-140 Millennium (10 + 1) w/IWB holster

Roguish Lawyer
05-11-2014, 19:16
LOL, I have my wallet, keys and iPhone 5S. That's it!

The Reaper
05-11-2014, 19:44
LOL, I have my wallet, keys and iPhone 5S. That's it!

A lawyer without a pen?

TR

PSM
05-11-2014, 20:01
Shit! I'm still in my jammies.

Me too, sorta! It only got up to 81° today, so I'm wearing sweats and a flannel shirt. :D

Micro Mag, green Photon, chapstick, Casio ToughSolar ABC watch, and specs. Oh, and my super-duper fancy Tracfone smartphone phone. :D

There is some other stuff nearby. ;)

Pat

Roguish Lawyer
05-12-2014, 09:10
A lawyer without a pen?

TR

I use my phone to take notes when needed. Note that there are additional items in my home, my vehicle, and my office, and that I usually am outside of those three places for a total of approximately twenty minutes daily -- only walking from the subterranean parking garage to my office and getting take-out lunch. Although I wish I could carry during that time, I'm close enough to my office and vehicle that I'm OK with the risk . . . :munchin

JimP
05-12-2014, 09:25
Since I'm at work and in uniform - I am required to be defenseless. The only thing I have on me is a Benchmade Mel Pardue folder that I am sure will be classified as an "assault-weapon" when the bliss-ninnies running this Army get around to it.

I am however fully SHARP certified and qualified. Working on my resiliency as well. At least when I get shot for lack of shooting back I can be resilient about it.

Team Sergeant
05-12-2014, 09:29
Here in Arizona we carry what we want, where we want, no reason to go small.....;)

BryanK
05-12-2014, 09:42
TS, Is that an O-ring or hair tie? :D

I forgot my bic, but pictured below are my keys (yep, that's a rifle shaped house key), smartphone for internet/camera, low-tech cell phone (because it's cheap) w/pouch, Pro-tech auto folder, Gerber, wallet, and my tunes dispenser.

Streck-Fu
05-12-2014, 12:15
Unarmed by policy at work so this is it.

G-Shock Mudman.
Paracord bracrlet.
Kershaw Blackout in need of a cleaning.
Key Chain with beer access device.
SOG Power Lock S62N-CP
Wallet (not shown) with enough cash for rations (as long as it's a Snickers).

shady.raven13
05-12-2014, 13:22
EARBUDS
FRONT POCKET WALLET
GERBER 230V
MINI GERBER KNIFE
SUUNTO CORE WATCH
PEN,PENCIL SHARPIE
POCKET CHANGE MY ALLOWANCE FROM HOUSEHOLD 6 ;)
PHENIX PD35 FLASHLIGHT
AND KEY FOR THE POV
AND SMALL X PROOF BAG IN CASE IT RAINS

Sacamuelas
05-12-2014, 13:38
unprepared in scrubs ... but since I am in my office, the 9mm is within my reach in the gunvault in less time than it took to type this.

PSM
05-12-2014, 16:00
Added a Leatherman Squirt PS4 today. It's smaller than a tube of Chapstick. :D

When I go out the door wearing sweats or elastic waist banded shorts, I carry my wife's .38spl LCR in a Remora holster (the .45 USP and Crossbreed pull my pants down :o).

Pat

caretaker
05-12-2014, 16:21
Not sure there are any tips to be garnered from my debris but here it is:

JamesIkanov
05-12-2014, 17:09
Post caught me coming home from school..... Ah well.

Left to right, I've got my phone, my wallet with my two ID's, 15 bucks cash, and a limited use padlock pick on a chain.

The Reaper
05-12-2014, 17:51
I am shocked at the number of people who do not carry knives.

TR

Sdiver
05-12-2014, 17:58
I am shocked at the number of people who do not carry knives.

TR

MR2 doesn't really have a place to carry one .....

JamesIkanov
05-12-2014, 18:24
I usually (not today) have a first aid bag with some paracord, wire cutters, zipties, duct tape, and super glue, but if I was seen with a knife at school it'd be off to the stockades with me. Then again, according to recent district policy, duct tape might get reclassified as a weapon too. :rolleyes:

DIYPatriot
05-12-2014, 22:14
On the weekends, I usually carry my Gerber Strata on my belt. Other than that, this is my typical EDC.

Firearm: Springfield XD 40 w/Kramer IWB holster (unless I'm jogging or cycling...in that case, I carry my S&W Bodyguard 380 with a custom rig from Raven Concealment that I wear underneath my shirt. It doesn't bounce or chafe against me and feels very secure).

Watch: Garmin Forerunner 410

Knife: Spyderco Native but *** ah-hem cough cough*** I'm waiting for a certain DJ Urbanovsky to complete our little custom project (a colubris mid tech hybrid - I think it'll be one helluva blade). I always have my blade unless I'm flying. I even sleep with it clipped to my boxers. Years of Kali and Silat have sorta honed that trait for me. Besides, blades don't misfire or jam.

Bracelet: I carry my wife's ID tag with me for sentimental value. I made this for her first deployment to the sand box and wore it often. I made her a similar one, but it has blue instead of pink and yes, I catch hell for wearing a pink/multi-cam bracelet. In my defense her platoon refers to her as Combat Barbie, so it's all in good fun.

Wallet: If you've seen Pulp Fiction then you know who the bad mother f'kr belongs to...if not, then skip to the 1:16 mark on this vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=269AZbYGeMU).

Phone: Droid Nexxus 4

Team Sergeant
05-13-2014, 07:49
I usually (not today) have a first aid bag with some paracord, wire cutters, zipties, duct tape, and super glue, but if I was seen with a knife at school it'd be off to the stockades with me. Then again, according to recent district policy, duct tape might get reclassified as a weapon too. :rolleyes:

Planning to kidnap someone are we? :munchin

chance
05-13-2014, 09:36
Here's what I've got
3/20th SFG(A) coin given to me in Afghanistan
Glock 17C with a Ronin Concealment holster in Ghost Gray
Mill Bastard Severtech Auto
Marathon US Gov with cheap PX compass
Oakley X metal Juliet
550 cord survival bracelet with cuff key buckle
Cross pen
Blistex
SEREPICK Executive Kit
SEREPICK Entry Card
Shark skin leather Kevin King wallet

Beef
05-13-2014, 15:39
This is my work day EDC, minus my red bandanna snot rag and iPhone 5. I forgot to put in the picture, as the pollen is hell here and I was blowing my nose during the photo.:D The iPhone 5 is in an Otterbox Commuter Wallet case. It has a slide out compartment that holds my DL, AMEX, Visa and one folded bill. Phone contains all my insurance cards, etc. in photo form. So that's the wallet. Key ring contains keys, gym e-pass, Maratac titanium lighter, Swiss Tool, Photon II light, Spyderco H1 Ladybug. Wallet holster with L.W. Seecamp .32 with Hydrashocks. Emerson knife, Sreamlight Protac 1L, Fischer Spacepen, Maratac Embassy pen. Cap and Costas. Rings. Watch d' jour ( on wrist.) I work in scrubs , so that's everything I can carry without losing or creating a profile. BTW, what do you call a hooker with a runny nose? FULL!

JamesIkanov
05-13-2014, 16:54
I'd much rather be able to tie somebody up than hope I can keep them down. That, and I meet a surprising number of people in need of such things. My school is more or less full of home-brew programmers and computer guys, and somebody always needs to stick some wires together/left their screwdriver at home. It is a little disconcerting when people just say "you don't want to know" when I ask what they needed it for though......

futureSOF
05-13-2014, 18:26
Chapstick, grizzly wintergreen long cut, kershaw ken onion, keys with gym tag, wallet with about 60 bucks cash plus debit card/ID/insurance card etc, hat, and cheap wayfarers. Not pictured is my iPhone that was used to take the picture. Stronger defense capabilities to come after my birthday in two weeks.

Barbarian
05-14-2014, 14:06
Keys w/ 550 cord keychain
Zero Tolerance 0561 folding knife
Notepad
Leatherman Wave
Pen
Bic lighter
Wallet
Iphone
Surefire E2D
Dip
No pistol today. Stuck in the office.

Thinking of adding a length of 20lb. kevlar fishing braid because of its small size and multiple uses.

Javadrinker
05-14-2014, 14:55
keys with light and can opener
Cross pen
whistle, compass, and matches inside
bic lighter with duct tape, spectra line and hooks under tape
550 paracord
benchmade griptillian, mini gerber
sig 238 with extra magazine
measuring tape, hat, script maui jims, wallet with cash, license, ccw, proof of insurance

Box
05-14-2014, 23:31
...PT clothes with an ID card in my sock

Flagg
05-15-2014, 04:47
Omega Seamaster(leave at home depending on risk)
Suunto Ambit 2 GPS and magnetic compass watch with Grids loaded
Metal body pen, usually two
Gerber/Harsey Air Ranger
Multitool
Samsung S4
Petzl e-lite with spare battery
CREE 300lum light with spare AA
Wallet
magnesium fire starter

Concealed carry pistol a no-go here

Also:

Mini-Bic lighter
Button compass
2 USB drives
Notebook
Bog roll in plastic bag(day bag)
Silva compass(day bag)
Emergency blanket/bivvy(in day bag)
IFAK(depending on activity( or in day bag)
Water bottle/bag/filter(in day bag)
E-rats(in day bag)
Phone charger(day bag)
Unopened pack of smokes(conversation starter, small favour in day bag)

The Reaper
05-15-2014, 07:04
...PT clothes with an ID card in my sock

What, no rake or weedeater? :D

TR

MR2
05-15-2014, 07:47
MR2 doesn't really have a place to carry one .....

But I do know where to stick them...

TOMAHAWK9521
05-15-2014, 08:09
Here's what I have this morning

Snaquebite
05-15-2014, 13:57
Key fob contains small pick and rake.
Note Playboy Club key (you never know)

Team Sergeant
05-15-2014, 20:08
Someone needs to tell Bill Harsey to make another T2 and keep selling them!!!

Box
05-16-2014, 07:44
What, no rake or weedeater? :D

TR

...not even a reflective belt.

The Reaper
05-16-2014, 08:20

Heretic! BLASPHEMER!!

TR

DIYPatriot
05-16-2014, 09:08

It sounds as if someone needs some action figure therapy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcBBwnjo5U). ;)

Barbarian
05-16-2014, 11:56

Concur. I've been looking for one for years.

Sigaba
05-16-2014, 12:02
HTC One (M7) smartphone in Otterbox Defender case
Kyocera Torque (no SIM card) that I use as a tablet
Keys
Library cards, Starbucks card
Coach wallet

DIYPatriot
05-16-2014, 12:27
Kyocera Torque (no SIM card) that I use as a tablet

What is the added benefit of using this when you have the HTC One?

The Reaper
05-16-2014, 13:37

Or a D2 even better!

Hard to find a quality company at a reasonable price though.

TR

Snaquebite
05-16-2014, 14:52
Or a D2 even better!

Hard to find a quality company at a reasonable price though.

TR

Mine is a D2

You still can find Lone Wolf T2's out there. Not many though.

Sigaba
07-31-2014, 11:57
What is the added benefit of using this when you have the HTC One?Because it doesn't have a SIM card,the battery doesn't get drained trying to get a signal on the Sprint network. It has an incredible speaker, it is water resistant, and it is somewhat rugged, so one can blast the music while taking a shower and not worry about condensation.

Its smaller form factor and daylight-readable screen make it an almost ideal e-reader on a crowded subway/bus. Similarly, when doing fieldwork, one can surreptitiously consult project-related documents / take photos before anyone notices.

therunningwolf
08-04-2014, 23:19
I switch between a 1911 and G19 in the Winter, and occasionally will carry a 1911 in Summer, but for the most part hiding that sucker on my skinny self can be a trick, making the G19 the most used in Summer months. The bag stays with me at all times, or within 20 feet. The only exception to this is at work where it stays in the truck a 1 minute run away.

JJ_BPK
08-05-2014, 05:14
FYI,, There is a small company called Country Comm that has all sorts of EDC type bit-n-pieces.

Worth a peruse..

http://www.countycomm.com/whatsnew.html

The Reaper
08-05-2014, 13:18
FYI,, There is a small company called Country Comm that has all sorts of EDC type bit-n-pieces.

Worth a peruse..

http://www.countycomm.com/whatsnew.html

I have some of their kit, I can recommend them as a good company to deal with.

TR

Beef
08-05-2014, 13:51
Yep, I've got lots of their stuff. The titanium peanut lighters are great and if you screw the top on tight, they'll hold lighter fluid for a month plus. The embassy pens are a bargain in aluminum. If you can catch them in stock. Ive got a black one, all they got in stock now is red and green. Lots of other high quality items on there.

Lighthouse
08-05-2014, 21:16
para cord bracelet, CRKT m16-14sf, Htc one evo, wallet w/15$ + ID, car keys. M&P shield on layaway until ccw comes in.