PDA

View Full Version : US preparing team to help Nigeria locate kidnapped girls

Team Sergeant
05-06-2014, 13:03
Yeah I heard that multimillionaires, matt damon, ben affleck and george clooney are in the process of collecting their gear (green berets, CIA badges and toy guns) and flying to Nigeria to rescue the 300 schoolgirls. matt damon was heard sayin, "If I'd been there they would never have been able to kidnap those girls in the first place." Good Luck matt, ben and george happy hunting you are our hero's!

Not a headline you'll ever really see as real Rangers, real SEAL's and real Green Beret's (that make about $35k a year) are the ones most likely headed to face the bad men and rescue those girls. But upon their return you will see matt damon, ben affleck and george clooney in a movie playing those Special Operations personnel and making millions more.......

US preparing team to help Nigeria locate kidnapped girls
Published May 06, 2014
·FoxNews.com

The White House said Tuesday the U.S. is preparing to send a team to Nigeria to help the government search for nearly 300 schoolgirls abducted more than three weeks ago by Islamic militants.

The team would likely include military personnel, law enforcement personnel and others with experience in intelligence, investigations, hostage negotiation and victims' assistance, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.

"Time is of the essence," he said, stressing that the kidnappings happened 22 days ago. "Appropriate action must be taken to locate and to free these young women before they are trafficked or killed."

Carney said that Secretary of State John Kerry spoke earlier Tuesday with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who "welcomed" the secretary's offer to send a team to discuss assistance.

It's unclear whether the team of military and law enforcement personnel has yet gotten the green light.

Carney urged the Nigerian government to ensure that it is using all available resources to ensure the safe return of the girls.

cont: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/06/us-preparing-team-to-help-nigeria-locate-kidnapped-girls/

Box
05-06-2014, 13:59
If we hurry, we can turn Nigeria into a ten year tail chasing manhunt while we draw down to a 450,000 man military.

Think of how much more gear we can buy when we only have 450,000 people outfit!!!!

Kasik
05-06-2014, 14:54
Where is Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner when we need him?

Bob45nm
05-06-2014, 15:18

That's a blast from the past. ;)

head
05-06-2014, 15:38
Boko Haram must not read AQ's lessons learned regarding infowar. Now they are on the sheep's radars too..

The Reaper
05-06-2014, 17:09
Watch the Nigerians let us in, but with no guns or ammo.

Just money.

TR

PRB
05-06-2014, 17:31
I'd pay good money to go to Nigeria to kill those Muslim self righteous assholes.
They need killing.

ddoering
05-06-2014, 18:02
True but why is it our problem? Perhaps it is just wagging the dog to keep us from other things like Benghazi, the Ukraine etc...

We are broke. Let Africa take care of itself.

Habu-MFFI 175
05-06-2014, 18:36
Doesn't the African Nations have some sort of United force? If so, let them take care of the situation. Odds are they don't, hell no one gets along with the country to the right or left of itself.

Seems like the US is always pulled and stretched in all directions.

Five-O
05-06-2014, 18:41
Go into the compound....kill every single military age male in sight and burn every structure to the ground. For the co-conspirators that are not present at the time of the raid; hunt them down and kill them...without regard to gender. This will never happen but it should.

PRB
05-06-2014, 18:44
I look at it as the wider war on what some call radical Islam....a clash that will not go away until one cries uncle.
I don't feel like crying uncle.
They understand one message and it is a violent one...not nation building or trying to impose a western concept of democracy where no one, no one, understands even the basic concept.
You speak to a violent culture/religion in it's own tongue, just up the ante.

blacksmoke
05-06-2014, 19:08
Please send me. I need one of those shovel ready jobs they talk about.

Box
05-06-2014, 21:57
I guess the African Crisis Response Initiative (ACRI) that we spent so much time deployed on during the 90's was just a big waste of money.

I guess the Clinton opinion of ACR (http://clinton4.nara.gov/Africa/19980401-20179.html)I was different than the end result. I reckon over a 100 million dollars in 1990's value was worth what we ended up with.

...is the ACRI capability going to be pushed into service to deal with Boko Haram?
...or Joseph Kony
...or the growing problem with AQIM
...or Somali Pirates

No, lets just send American troops BACK to Africa to deal with the mess that we pretty much continue to pay them NOT to fix.

JJ_BPK
05-07-2014, 04:23
Doesn't the African Nations have some sort of United force? If so, let them take care of the situation. Odds are they don't, hell no one gets along with the country to the right or left of itself.

I think AQ has the lead for that MTT..

Streck-Fu
05-07-2014, 05:12

Seems like the US is always pulled and stretched in all directions.

Sure, use African forces....they can help facilitate the rapes, especially when wearing blue hats....LINK (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-24272839)

However tragic, the issue, sending our people in is not the answer.

Dohhunter
05-07-2014, 09:32
Some fucker in Nigeria still owes me a bunch of money after my Western Union transfer of his fees...do you think the team could ask about that too?

PedOncoDoc
05-07-2014, 09:55
Some fucker in Nigeria still owes me a bunch of money after my Western Union transfer of his fees...do you think the team could ask about that too? :D

I'm sure he's good for it....he is a prince after all.

echoes
05-07-2014, 10:07
Not a headline you'll ever really see as real Rangers, real SEAL's and real Green Beret's (that make about $35k a year) are the ones most likely headed to face the bad men and rescue those girls.

Thank God for Real Men, Real Green Beret's.

AM sure those little girls are and will be thankful too.

Go Get Those Bastards!!!!!!

Holly

1stindoor
05-07-2014, 10:53
...You speak to a violent culture/religion in it's own tongue, just up the ante.

From The Untouchables
You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

BMT (RIP)
05-08-2014, 05:09
Do we have a SOFA or anything with Nigeria?

This won't mean anything to ZERO or Kerry.

BMT

Golf1echo
05-08-2014, 06:53
I noticed this image from another post the other day.

Yes the politics are a cluster, 2 cycle gas engines, jungle, bad roads, lawlessness, on and on...what more could you ask for? I'm with PRB, there will be fewer of them next year this time.

Stobey
05-08-2014, 08:02
Problem is, this incident happened almost a month ago. Those girls could be anywhere - in Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon. I am sure that they have been well used and abused by this time. Some may even be dead. Yes, it is sad; but I'm afraid that until the Christians in Nigeria start getting serious about their own survival, this will happen again - and again. Jesus said to "turn the other cheek", but not if it comes to genocide. The utter weakness shown only emboldens the bloodthirsty bastards of "Boko Haram".

And just to make things absolutely clear to us "najis kuffar" w/regard to the entire idea of sexual slavery in izlam:

The Qur’an allows for the owning of sex slaves.

“If you fear that you will not act justly towards the orphans, marry such women as seem good to you, two, three, four; but if you fear you will not be equitable, then only one, or what your right hands own; so it is likelier you will not be partial.” (Qur’an 4:3)

This verse is the basis for Islamic polygamy, allowing a man to take as many as four wives, as long as he believes he is able to “deal justly” with all of them. But justice in these circumstances is in the eye of the beholder. Ibn Kathir says this requirement to deal justly with one’s wives is no big deal, since treating them justly isn’t the same as treating them equally: “it is not obligatory to treat them equally, rather it is recommended. So if one does so, that is good, and if not, there is no harm on him.”

The verse goes on to say that if a man cannot deal justly with multiple wives, then he should marry only one, or resort to “what your right hands own” — that is, slave girls.

The Qur’an commentator Maulana Bulandshahri explains the wisdom of this practice, and longs for the good old days:

During Jihad (religion war), many men and women become war captives. The Amirul Mu’minin [leader of the believers, or caliph -- an office now vacant] has the choice of distributing them amongst the Mujahidin [warriors of jihad], in which event they will become the property of these Mujahidin. This enslavement is the penalty for disbelief (kufr).

He goes on to explain that this is not ancient history:

None of the injunctions pertaining to slavery have been abrogated in the Shari’ah. The reason that the Muslims of today do not have slaves is because they do not engage in Jihad (religious war). Their wars are fought by the instruction of the disbelievers (kuffar) and are halted by the same felons. The Muslim [sic] have been shackled by such treaties of the disbelievers (kuffar) whereby they cannot enslave anyone in the event of a war. Muslims have been denied a great boon whereby every home could have had a slave. May Allah grant the Muslims the ability to escape the tentacles of the enemy, remain steadfast upon the Din (religion) and engage in Jihad (religion war) according to the injunctions of Shari’ah. Amen!

This is by no means an eccentric or unorthodox view in Islam. The Egyptian Sheikh Abu-Ishaq al-Huwayni declared in May 2011 that “we are in the era of jihad,” and that as they waged jihad warfare against infidels, Muslims would take slaves. He clarified what he meant in a subsequent interview:

“…Jihad is only between Muslims and infidels”. Spoils, slaves, and prisoners are only to be taken in war between Muslims and infidels. Muslims in the past conquered, invaded, and took over countries. This is agreed to by all scholars–there is no disagreement on this from any of them, from the smallest to the largest, on the issue of taking spoils and prisoners. The prisoners and spoils are distributed among the fighters, which includes men, women, children, wealth, and so on.

When a slave market is erected, which is a market in which are sold slaves and sex-slaves, which are called in the Qur’an by the name milk al-yamin, “that which your right hands possess” [Qur’an 4:24]. This is a verse from the Qur’an which is still in force, and has not been abrogated. The milk al-yamin are the sex-slaves. You go to the market, look at the sex-slave, and buy her. She becomes like your wife, (but) she doesn’t need a (marriage) contract or a divorce like a free woman, nor does she need a wali. All scholars agree on this point–there is no disagreement from any of them. [...] When I want a sex slave, I just go to the market and choose the woman I like and purchase her.”

Right around the same time, on May 25, 2011, a female Kuwaiti activist and politician, Salwa al-Mutairi, also spoke out in favor of the Islamic practice of sexual slavery of non-Muslim women, emphasizing that the practice accorded with Islamic law and the parameters of Islamic morality.

“…A merchant told me that he would like to have a sex slave. He said he would not be negligent with her, and that Islam permitted this sort of thing. He was speaking the truth. I brought up (this man’s) situation to the muftis in Mecca. I told them that I had a question, since they were men who specialized in what was halal, and what was good, and who loved women. I said, “What is the law of sex slaves?”

The mufti said, “With the law of sex slaves, there must be a Muslim nation at war with a Christian nation, or a nation which is not of the religion, not of the religion of Islam. And there must be prisoners of war.”

“Is this forbidden by Islam?”, I asked.

“Absolutely not. Sex slaves are not forbidden by Islam. On the contrary, sex slaves are under a different law than the free woman. The free woman must be completely covered except for her face and hands. But the sex slave can be naked from the waist up. She differs a lot from the free woman. While the free woman requires a marriage contract, the sex slave does not–she only needs to be purchased by her husband, and that’s it. Therefore the sex slave is different than the free woman.”

While the savage exploitation of girls and young women is an unfortunately cross-cultural phenomenon, only in Islamic law does it carry anything approaching divine sanction. Here is yet another human rights scandal occasioned by Islamic law that the international human rights community and the mainstream media cravenly ignore.

(information courtesy of Robert Spencer and JihadWatch)

more...

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 137:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah’s Apostle about it and he said, “Do you really do that?” repeating the question thrice, “There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection.”

Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3371 (3371-3388):
Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa’id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): O Abu Sa’id, did you hear Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-’azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi’l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing ‘azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah’s Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

Malik’s Muwatta, Book 29, Number 29.32.95:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Rabia ibn Abi Abd ar-Rahman from Muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban that Ibn Muhayriz said, “I went into the mosque and saw Abu Said al-Khudri and so I sat by him and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said al-Khudri said, ‘We went out with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, on the expedition to the Banu al-Mustaliq. We took some Arabs prisoner, and we desired the women as celibacy was hard for us. We wanted the ransom, so we wanted to practise coitus interruptus. We said, ‘Shall we practise coitus interruptus while the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, is among us before we ask him?’ We asked him about that and he said, ‘You don’t have to not do it. There is no self which is to come into existence up to the Day of Rising but that it will come into existence.’ ”

Stobey
05-08-2014, 08:41
from JihadWatch 5-6-14:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/05/they-started-shouting-allahu-akbar-and-we-knew-nigerian-islamic-jihadists-kidnap-eight-more-girls-between-ages-of-12-and-15

“They started shouting ‘Allahu akbar,’ and we knew”: Nigerian Islamic jihadists kidnap eight more girls, between ages of 12 and 15

Robert Spencer May 6, 2014 at 10:06am Nigeria 44 Comments
NIGERIA protesters“They started shouting, ‘Allahu akbar,’ and we knew.” They knew because the jihadis were shouting “Allahu akbar”? Ibrahim Hooper, call your office! These abducted schoolgirls clearly need some sensitivity training, so that they understand that “Allahu akbar” is a cry of peace and tolerance. Surely through your channels, Ibe, you can find out where these girls are being held, and send over Ahmed Rehab or some similarly sensitive lug, so as to teach these captive girls not to be so “Islamophobic.”

“Nigeria militants kidnap more girls from village,” Telegraph, May 6, 2014 (thanks to Kenneth):

Suspected Boko Haram gunmen have kidnapped eight girls aged between 12 and 15 from a village near one of their strongholds in northeast Nigeria.

“They were many, and all of them carried guns,” said Lazarus Musa, a resident of Warabe, where the attack happened.

“They came in two vehicles painted in army colour. They started shooting in our village.”

A police source said the girls were taken away in the early hours of Tuesday on trucks, along with looted livestock and food. The Islamist rebels are still holding 276 girls they abducted from a secondary school on April 14.

Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said in a video released on Monday that Allah had told him to sell the girls taken by his fighters from a secondary school in the village of Chibok, in northeastern Borno state.

The abduction on Tuesday appears to bear similarities to the mass-kidnapping on Good Friday.

In the Chibok attack, as with the Warabe seizure, the militants arrived disguised as soldiers.

“Don’t worry, we’re soldiers,” one 16-year-old girl told AP she remembered them saying. “Nothing is going to happen to you.”

The gunmen commanded the hundreds of students at the Chibok Government Girls Secondary School to gather outside. The men went into a storeroom and removed all the food. Then they set fire to the room.

“They started shouting, ‘Allahu Akhbar,’ (God is great),” the 16-year-old student said. “And we knew.”

A local government official, Bana Lawal, received a warning call on his mobile phone, and was told that about 200 heavily armed militants in 20 pickup trucks and more than 30 motorcycles were headed toward his town.

He roused sleeping residents and told them to flee into the bush and the nearby hills.

But two hours later, when the Boko Haram militants arrived, the local forces were unable to fight them off and the extremists headed for the boarding school.

The men set the school ablaze and herded the girl’s group onto the backs of three pickup trucks.

The trucks drove through three villages, but then the car of fighters following them broke down. That’s when the 16-year-old girl and her friend jumped out, and managed to escape by running into the forest.

Britain and the US has offered help in finding the girls, but the Nigerian government has been criticised by the pace of rescue efforts.

It was not clear whether the eight girls taken on Tuesday were being held with the other 276.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=163061

Richard
05-16-2014, 07:50
NORTHERN NIGERIA — In an attempt to remain relevant in the face of NBA race scandals and celebrity elevator brawls, Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau agreed to release his school girl hostages as soon as the #BringBackOurGirls campaign reached 10 million retweets, sources confirmed Thursday.

“We will never release them until after your social media activism reaches a truly significant number of people,” tweeted Shekau, adding that he meant only those girls who have not converted to Islam and been married off to his fighters to live a life of submission and servitude.

In response to the new demands, Marine Corps Cyberspace Command unveiled a new Twitter task force of Marine Expeditionary Hashtaggers (MEH).

“This is a whole new theater of warfare,” said MARFORCYBER spokesman Lt. Col. Brock Ruggedsson. “The Marines of the MEH will significantly impact world events 140 outraged characters at a time. They will heed the clarion call of battle not in the front line but in the social media trenches online. The MEH will fight our countries battles via Twitter, on Facebook, and YouTube.”

“We will hashtag for right and freedom and to keep our online presence clean,” he added.

(Cont'd) http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/05/boko-haram-bringbackourgirls/#!NYlYV

I heard AQAP is now considering fining Shekau and forcing him to give up his franchise in the name of AQ harmony. :rolleyes:

:D

Richard

Guy
05-16-2014, 08:12
I heard AQAP is now considering fining Shekau and forcing him to give up his franchise in the name of AQ harmony. :rolleyes:

:D

RichardI laughed my ass off for good minute...:D

cat in the hat
05-17-2014, 05:53

He' in Ireland, Lebanon, Palestine and Berkley.

Scimitar
05-17-2014, 07:39
We don't HAVE to be in there, we WANT to be in there...

The tactical is driven by the Geopolitical strategic.

If we look at the big picture, I believe we're going in to influence our strategic goal, it has little to do with kidnapped girls....

Military = Politics = Economics.

We've been executing an economic delaying action against China / Russia since the end of WW2; the "end of the cold war" was merely a speed bump. We have 50-75 years to bring C+R fully into the economic fold before they grow to a size that it becomes much harder to leverage change. We need to delay / channel their growth, buying us time to force full change.

However, China needs external resources to continue the growth it requires to maintain internal stability - possibly it's most pressing issue. It is likely we want this stability for them; instability in China won't help the goal of leveraging sustainable change, but we also want it to cost them. (i.e. delaying action). Economic warfare is about making sure they get their resources at the greatest cost, while we get ours at the cheapest.

Sooo..... if this is the Strategic...?....Than are we going to rescue little girls because...

1) We're looking for any reason to get our foot back in the door in Africa. Distracted by Iraq / Afghanistan we've allowed the Chinese the economic initiative on the continent, hell, Africom is still headquartered out of Stuttgart. so I read this as us WANTING to be a part of it, not HAVING to be a part of it. We have to get back in there and make sure the Chinese are paying the highest for their resources. And this little stunt gives us political capital at the cost of what is basically a JCET.

or perhaps......

2) It is quite possible, we have given China free-er reign in Africa over the past 10 years on purpose, because we want to force them into Africa and out of the Pacific. How do you guide a horse, pressure on one rein, free up the other rein. Also, African resources cost Chinese a hell of a lot more than Pacific Resources, plus the Chinese are geared for the ethical issues faced when getting resources from Africa, we are not so much.

...I still find it hard to believe that Africom couldn't find a base in Africa, perhaps we weren't so interested in getting a base...?

After a time of a purposefully loosened grip on Africa to force China into Africa and out of Pacific, are we stepping back in, to return the economic pressure, and is this little rescue stunt just a part of our ongoing effort to return pressure against the Chinese in the continent?

I'd watch foreign aid money and military assistance to telegraph our intent.

Just some thoughts....

S