PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Crime Rates(changing math)

Flagg
04-19-2014, 22:26
Wow.

If you don't like the numbers, change the math.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/May-2014/Chicago-crime-rates/

Not exactly new, just look at the BLS and how the calculations for unemployment and inflation have been shaped to suit political needs.

cbtengr
04-20-2014, 06:55
Would we expect less from Chicago politics?

TacOfficer
04-20-2014, 19:33
Welcome to my world.......

MtnGoat
04-20-2014, 19:52
Well I guess this hurts the gun people too. They are or gave been pushing how new gun carry rules helped in the drop.

Well that's what I have seen on blogs to FB. But everything you read on the net it real and truthful.

Penn
04-20-2014, 19:56
MG Pink font please. But everything you read on the net it real and truthful.

MtnGoat
04-20-2014, 20:39
MG Pink font please.

My mistake .. But yes in PINK

PRB
04-20-2014, 21:24
It make Rahm happy to tell everyone problem solved...."Tiny Dancer" (the cops nickname for Rahm) is a tricky fellow.
He and his Dr. brother must be a really fun family kind of thing....

Flagg
04-20-2014, 21:43
Would we expect less from Chicago politics?

I understand the how/why of BLS statistics being politicized.

I even understand the how/why of Chicago changing crime numbers.

What I find incredibly sad is the near Orwellian history revision that directly impacts on justice for victims and their families.

Playing around with BLS numbers(like intentionally understating inflation) can mean SS and military retirees are impacted with declining real benefits. And that's pretty bloody serious...but it just "feels" less serious than playing around with crime numbers and the direct tangible impact on justice for victims and families.

Quite sad.

bubba
04-21-2014, 04:36
As to a major metro area / city changing number to favor a lower crime rate IOT maintain political power, that is as old as time. That isn't the change that I am watching. With illinois becoming the last of the 50 states to "allow" concealed carry, I want to know what the stats look like a year after they have people allowed to defend themselves. If memory serves, Florida had a signifigant drop in violent crime after they began "shall issue". Just a thought?