PDA

View Full Version : FAllEN ANGEL Procedures

shady.raven13
04-05-2014, 11:19
Looking to see if anyone can provide any procedures for a FALLEN ANGEL (downed aircraft). looking to start a binder for training for our MEDEVAC unit here. any help would be greatful.

swatsurgeon
04-05-2014, 21:41
Not sure exactly what you are asking for......procedures for a downed aircraft usually doesn't leave many living souls to treat. As for any
mass casualty event, follow usual SOP's: triage, possible decon, treat those you can with available resources, and so much more. You are asking such an open ended question that there really isn't a set answer for.

ss

Toaster
04-08-2014, 10:28
Try the 82nd Combat Avitaion Brigade S3 shop, who could send that information over secure communication. If you need their number a google search should reveal their staff duty's phone number...

Snaquebite
04-08-2014, 11:11
CSAR OR DART....? Different problems, different responses. Try a little google.

pjbluetogreen
04-08-2014, 15:47
If ou are wanting to get the most up to date info contact Crash fire rescue at your local field. If you are looking for combat specific, what are you looking for, ie. self SAR your bird is the one down, are you looking for how to get the pax extracted etc? there is a huge amount that goes into all of these eventualities.
PT tx guidelines are going to be inj. and threat specific. as with any combat situation.
Dont be afraid to contact other branches as well. I have not been a PJ for a couple of years but crash sites are a huge deal for them find a unit near yours give them a call and see what joint training and development you may be able to do with them.
good luck.

shady.raven13
04-09-2014, 09:21
Thank you all who have responded!!! I should have watered the question down a little more. But after a few long training days my mind had tapped out at that point.
I will take the advice!!!
Thank you again.