PDA

View Full Version : SECDEF Names 'Military Professionalism' Adviser

Richard
03-26-2014, 09:03
Not a good sign when when SECDEF appoints an O-8 to stand up an office to remind the services to get their collective s**t together.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has tapped a two-star admiral and former Naval Academy commandant to serve as his “senior adviser for military professionalism,” a newly created position to tackle military ethics problems.

The selection of Rear Adm. Margaret “Peg” Klein comes more than a month after Hagel declared military ethics to be a top concern in response to a string of embarrassing incidents involving misconduct in the ranks.

Klein will “focus on ethics, character, and competence in all activities at every level of command with an uncompromising culture of accountability. This will continue to be a top priority for DoD’s senior leadership,” Hagel said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

Klein is a pilot who flew EC-130 Compass Calls and E-6 Mercury aircraft. She served as the No. 2 officer at the Naval Academy and, most recently, as chief of staff for U.S. Cyber Command.

(Cont'd) http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20140325/NEWS/303250078/

And so it goes...

Richard

Dusty
03-26-2014, 09:23
Not a good sign when when SECDEF appoints an O-8 to stand up an office to remind the services to get their collective s**t together.
Richard

No, it's not; IMO, it's a disgrace and a disaster.

mark46th
03-26-2014, 09:34
Sounds like you will get an Article 15 for farting in formation...

JimP
03-26-2014, 09:44
These guys don't seem to "get it". STOP the general's from picking general's who "look like them" (both in attitude and spirit) and the problem will be solved.

these guys couldn't find a hooker in a whorehouse with a handful of twenties.

Badger52
03-26-2014, 10:04
these guys couldn't find a hooker in a whorehouse with a handful of twenties.Don't hold back sir. :D

They have a good example. A Congress that has a mandate to keep a rein on the Executive and, when it can't due to lack of stones, they think they need to pass a measure to tell the Executive just how un-nice they are when their recourse was written for them a long time ago.

With the requisite "staff" this should make a good parking garage for some otherwise "hit the road" candidates. They're downsizing, right?
:rolleyes:

ddoering
03-26-2014, 14:14
Someone has to be the judge of tattoos.....

Box
03-26-2014, 18:17
...so if I am reading this right, after a string of O7's and higher have made headlines for showing their asses, the SECDEF has found an O8 to chill these mother fuckers out.

I am positive that neck tattoo's and females with erratic hairdos are not to blame for the "what the fuck is going on with our military" environment we are in right now.

I like how the article says "misconduct in the ranks" as though private snuffy and his evil sleeve tattoo need to be brought under control in order to save the reputation of the US Military.

head
03-26-2014, 20:40
If PVT snuffy wants to get laid and picks up some bar fly and has consensual sex is that misconduct? I guess it is ok for two gay solders to do what ever it is that gays to to each other, but the straight solder is a pervert if he has a couple of beers and asked some girl out it seems. That is not to excuse rape or any other form of illegal activity.
(gets down off soap box)

It was put out by the SHARP trainers at BOLC that you are not allowed to have sex with someone who consumed alcohol as they are not able to give you consent due to the mind-altering substance. I called BS, but they insisted - I considered it another pile in the amount of BS our LTs are fed anyways.

BrokenSwitch
03-26-2014, 23:58
Why are they sending an officer to do a Sergeant Major's job? And where's SMA Chandler in all of this?

ETA: I found this when Googling "SMA Chandler":
Ads related to sma chandler
What is SMA? - Spinal Muscular Atrophy - curesma.org

SMA = no support for a weak backbone.

Max_Tab
03-27-2014, 07:59
That is funny

Box
03-27-2014, 19:19
where's SMA Chandler in all of this

...updating the grooming standards and tattoo standards contained in 670-1

...you know, important stuff

Getting Joe to shave and stay away from seedy tattoo parlors will keep folks like this Sinclair guy and former DCIA Petraeus from fucking their subordinates

Utah Bob
03-28-2014, 09:14
Clueless in the Pentagon. Every day seems to bring worse military news.
I'm going to head to the opthamologist and see if he can give me someting to control my excessive eye rolling. I'm trying bourbon for the nausea. :mad:

Basenshukai
03-28-2014, 09:35
...updating the grooming standards and tattoo standards contained in 670-1

...you know, important stuff

Getting Joe to shave and stay away from seedy tattoo parlors will keep folks like this Sinclair guy and former DCIA Petraeus from fucking their subordinates

Petraeus slept with a subordinate? I thought she was a journalist researching for a book she was writing?

greyshade
03-28-2014, 10:33
I hope she makes more AFN commercials instructing me how to be a good soldier. Those are helpful. No, oops. I meant insulting.

abc_123
03-28-2014, 10:43
Subordinate in that she was also USAR LTC. Both he and She were wrong on several different levels. Him more so.

Richard
03-28-2014, 11:13
Gen. Dempsey Said Leaders Overly Reliant on Email, May Ban Software in Ethics Training

Well...and so it goes...

Richard

Joint Chiefs' Chairman Wants Military to Rethink Ethics Training
WSJ, 27 Mar 2014

<snip>"We know PowerPoint doesn't work," he said.

Gen. Dempsey said military leaders have also become overly reliant on email. He warned that they can't change a unit's culture or exercise leadership by sending "really nasty emails."

"Look him in the eye if you have to nail him," he said.<snip>

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304688104579465843821404238-lMyQjAxMTA0MDIwNzEyNDcyWj

Basenshukai
03-29-2014, 14:41
Gen. Dempsey Said Leaders Overly Reliant on Email, May Ban Software in Ethics Training

Well...and so it goes...

Richard

Joint Chiefs' Chairman Wants Military to Rethink Ethics Training
WSJ, 27 Mar 2014

<snip>"We know PowerPoint doesn't work," he said.

Gen. Dempsey said military leaders have also become overly reliant on email. He warned that they can't change a unit's culture or exercise leadership by sending "really nasty emails."

"Look him in the eye if you have to nail him," he said.<snip>

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304688104579465843821404238-lMyQjAxMTA0MDIwNzEyNDcyWj

He really said "nail him"?! :D