PDA

View Full Version : Who is running this world?

QRQ 30
12-02-2004, 07:27
I heard on TV yesterday that "Kids are DEMANDING electronic toys for Christmas."

This should be bad for the electronics industry since parents shouldn't cave in to DEMANDS from kids and the sales of electronic toys should drop off abruptly/ :mad:

Jo Sul
12-02-2004, 07:57
If your kids demand electronic toys, then give them the business end of a taser. That will give them loads of electronic fun!

NousDefionsDoc
12-02-2004, 08:03
Who is running this world?

Frontsight.

The rest of us are just waiting for Reaper's dot to move. :)

Bill Harsey
12-02-2004, 08:44
Ms. FS (Femaul Superior?), is out of the office for a couple days.
No dots are going to move unless someone can hack her system.

Electronics when I was little meant the toy had flashing lights.

Kyobanim
12-02-2004, 09:53
Does this mean Santa's not going to bring me that shiney new PDA? :(

Huey14
12-02-2004, 10:05
I want to run the world. Then I would have a harem, a GPMG, a...oh wrong thread.

Seriously, whatever happened to the wooden rifle and the Tonka trucks? I loved my Tonka truck, lasted for years until it got a comprehensive crash test with a plastic car and a knife.

bberkley
12-02-2004, 12:30
My 12 y/o step-son has all the blinky-blinky crap a kid could want. My 21-month old is getting a Tonka truck, building blocks, and in a year or so, GI Joes or Dragon figures, and sporting goods.

I remember getting plastic model kits, and other stuff I was interested in. My first electronic thingy as a kid was Pong, and a Coleco hand-held soccer game that just had the LED display. Of course there were the required Erector sets, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Matchbox and Hotwheels cars. Bags of plastic army-men, tanks, the zip-strip pull racers, Evil Kneivel stunt-bike/action figure, comic books, etc.

I wanted to get the oldest one a Ruger 22/45 for christmas, but the spouse said "Umm, I don't think so....."

Roguish Lawyer
12-02-2004, 12:44
I heard on TV yesterday that "Kids are DEMANDING electronic toys for Christmas."

This should be bad for the electronics industry since parents shouldn't cave in to DEMANDS from kids and the sales of electronic toys should drop off abruptly/ :mad:

Scrooge! ;)

NousDefionsDoc
12-04-2004, 11:32
Grinch!

Kyobanim
12-04-2004, 11:50
My 12 y/o step-son has all the blinky-blinky crap a kid could want. My 21-month old is getting a Tonka truck, building blocks, and in a year or so, GI Joes or Dragon figures, and sporting goods.

I remember getting plastic model kits, and other stuff I was interested in. My first electronic thingy as a kid was Pong, and a Coleco hand-held soccer game that just had the LED display. Of course there were the required Erector sets, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Matchbox and Hotwheels cars. Bags of plastic army-men, tanks, the zip-strip pull racers, Evil Kneivel stunt-bike/action figure, comic books, etc.

I wanted to get the oldest one a Ruger 22/45 for christmas, but the spouse said "Umm, I don't think so....."

When I was 8 or 9 I got a full size replica of a .30 cal machine gun complete with tripod. We terroized the neighbors for a couple of years before it got broken. My dad was a carpenter at the time and made really nice replicas of thompsons and garands. (gotta remember Combat! was on the air at the time)

catd11r
12-04-2004, 22:13
I remember in the 60's it was Johnny West and G.I. Joe.

NousDefionsDoc
12-04-2004, 22:52
Johnny Quest

Race Bannon

Dr. Quest

Hadji

Bandit

504PIR
12-06-2004, 05:42
NDD,

I believe CATTD11R is refering to the Johnny West cowboy figure. I had pretty big accumlation of those. Including the Gernimo, Gen Custer, a gambler/bad guy, horses etc.

For a 10 year old who saw wayyyyy too many John Wayne movies they were it. The reason was GI Joe didn't have a cowboy outfit!

NousDefionsDoc
12-06-2004, 09:50
I grew up in Texas and never heard of him. Strange. Must have been a poser. :D

The Reaper
12-06-2004, 09:51

Well, if the doll world is like the human world, Barbie is in control.

TR

CRad
12-06-2004, 11:39

TR

That's dang good answer. ROFLMAO!!!

ghuinness
12-06-2004, 20:45
Who is running this world? Bill Gates

BearFlag
12-12-2004, 22:11

TR

yeah but now at least with the new "Ultimate Soldier" Virtual Soldier (ahem dolls) at least barbie can hook up w/ a squared away HSLD Joe, instead of that hippie ken.

QRQ 30
12-12-2004, 22:24
Shucks folks you seem to have missed my point. The operative word was DEMAND!! I don't recall if any of my children ever demanded something from me but I can tell you in no uncertain terms what the results would have been. That is why I said the sales of electronics should take a serious dive this year. :(

504PIR
12-21-2004, 08:53
On the subject of kids of who Demand stuff. Send them to the woodshed!

On the other hand I will "shamelessy plug" Toys For Tots(hey Marines are good for some things, besides Hitting The Beach). You can donate toys or money. There is even a TFT bin at my favorite local strip club!!

Also for you single guys do what I used to do. Invite a local lovely to go Xmas shopping with you. Take a $100 bucks-$50 for little girl toys and $50 for little boy toys. Go shopping then drop off at a local TFT bin. If you have pulled this off...then you look like a kind, caring guy & you may get play with "Big Boy Toys"!!

Beside you get to look at the new "Ultimate Soldier" collection...really cool toys!

NousDefionsDoc
12-21-2004, 08:57
I saw a special last night on this. They call the "tweens" 8-13 years old, mostly girls. The purchasing is in the billions and they are being targeted as a group by marketing agencies. The goals is to over ride the parents and get the whine buy. Outrageous!