PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels to Return

cbtengr
03-15-2014, 20:54
With the cuts that the military is facing in the areas of housing, retirement benefits and commissary closings I do not think it is prudent to bring back the Blue Angels or any other of these types of military entertainment. The civilians are bitching about their lost revenue due to the shutdown of these programs. They are certainly no longer needed for recruitment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581519/U-S-Navys-Blue-Angels-return-skies-Rolling-Stones-airshow-industry-grounded-11-months-military-budget-cuts.html

mojaveman
03-16-2014, 19:30
The first thing I thought was what about the USAF Thunderbirds? Saw the Blue Angels at NAS Miramar and they were great.

What I really enjoyed though was when I used to drive a truck out in the Imperial Valley where they train. People would pull over on the highway and watch them. It was impressive when they came over at about 50ft.

I've always thought that they as well as the Thunderbirds were a valuable public relations and recruiting tool.

Does anybody remember the Army's Silver Eagles helicopter demonstration team?

cbtengr
03-16-2014, 19:48
The first thing I thought was what about the USAF Thunderbirds? Saw the Blue Angels at NAS Miramar and they were great.

What I really enjoyed though was when I used to drive a truck out in Imperial Valley where they train. People would pull over on the highway and watch them. It was impressive when they came over at about 50ft.

I've always thought that they as well as the Thinderbirds were a valuable public relations and recruiting tool.

Were the Silver Eagles the ones in the Loaches? If so I saw them at Ft. Campbell during the Week of the Eagles way back when, they had a huge YO YO they operated under one of the choppers.

The Reaper
03-16-2014, 21:08

What I really enjoyed though was when I used to drive a truck out in Imperial Valley where they train. People would pull over on the highway and watch them. It was impressive when they came over at about 50ft.

I've always thought that they as well as the Thunderbirds were a valuable public relations and recruiting tool.

The Thunderbirds did the fly-over for the NASCAR race last week.

I think they send a great message.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-17-2014, 01:11
The Thunderbirds did the fly-over for the NASCAR race last week.

I think they send a great message.

TR

Sorry, TR, but this squadron has been re-tasked and renamed as the "Obamacarebirds."