PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Oil Minister In Moscow To Discuss Economic Cooperation

MtnGoat
03-14-2014, 16:11
Not much news really, but Iranian Oil Minister In Moscow To Discuss Economic Cooperation: Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar-Zanganeh arrived in Moscow late March 13 to meet with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak and Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov, IRNA reported. Namdar-Zanganeh will discuss ways to deepen economic cooperation between the countries. This is the third meeting between Iran and Russia in recent weeks. There has been talks between both countries over Russia helping Iran with a new nuclear reactor in exchange for oil.

I'm not posting links because most are Russia and Irania English websites.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA1G0DM20140217?irpc=932 a

The Reaper
03-14-2014, 16:50
I hope they give them the RBMK-1000 model.

Just like the one the Russians gave the Ukranians.

TR

Trapper John
03-14-2014, 17:48
Not much news really, but Iranian Oil Minister In Moscow To Discuss Economic Cooperation: Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar-Zanganeh arrived in Moscow late March 13 to meet with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak and Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov, IRNA reported. Namdar-Zanganeh will discuss ways to deepen economic cooperation between the countries. This is the third meeting between Iran and Russia in recent weeks. There has been talks between both countries over Russia helping Iran with a new nuclear reactor in exchange for oil.

I'm not posting links because most are Russia and Irania English websites.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA1G0DM20140217?irpc=932 a

Gawly, Sergeant Carter! Suprise, Suprise, Suprise. :D

MtnGoat
03-14-2014, 20:02

TR

Gave the Ukranians.. I think they built there. :D

Nothing better than another Chernobyl disaster inside Iran.

Flagg
03-24-2014, 05:39

TR

20+ years ago I wrote my senior thesis on the Soviet nuclear program including a fair bit on the RBMK.

That dangerous beats epitomised the Soviet Union.

On paper it had amazing bang for the buck both in terms of electricity generation and production of material for the SU's nuclear weapons program.

But was about as safe as an amateur wet dynamite juggling competition.

mugwump
03-24-2014, 10:11
The developing Russia-China-Iran-Iraq-India axis has the potential to strip the dollar of its reserve currency status (yeah, I know, strange bedfellows some of them). Watch for a Sino-Russian deal for natural gas that is priced in anything other than the dollar.

MtnGoat
03-24-2014, 19:58
The developing Russia-China-Iran-Iraq-India axis has the potential to strip the dollar of its reserve currency status (yeah, I know, strange bedfellows some of them). Watch for a Sino-Russian deal for natural gas that is priced in anything other than the dollar.

Mug... Great topic on this. I had to go search for the Article covering the China-Iran-Russia axis, and Gunfzikhas said it well on how Russian and Beijing are increasingly developing their ties Tehran, that will thwart Washington's foreign policies. Yes you are very right on the ties between. Something that is not discussed on Sunday talk shows or MSM. China has their Eastern and Western expansion plans in Central Asia States (CAS) and well as how Russian, China, Iran all have a Shanghai Monopoly group to counter any goals of expanding US security footholds in the Middle East, Central Asia and Asia.

Then you have to look at what all three or five or 18 countries have within the Shanghai Group, but will having economic stability in the CAS or the Middle East or Russian, will this prevent a proxy-style military confrontation, Iran or North Korea or between China and the US. Both China and Russia have different plans for a Multi spectrum campaigns.