PDA

View Full Version : Need POC and assistance

jbour13
03-13-2014, 08:05
Gents,

I've been asked to throw together a POI for class material for another invested party in my AOR (CENTCOM/SOCCENT [Non-US]).

As all of you have done FID related training (non-IZ/AF theater) with host nation elements, did you resource from SWC for already releasable material or create in house and gain approval for release?

SOCCENT has asked that we develop a class with no training objectives, no intent, task, condition standard, etc. This seems like a great deal of lateral ability to create and teach what you can, but in my respective career field, it's riddled with authorities issues.

I'll take PMs and we can move to the proper domain for discussion if you have any ideas.

I've been scouring 1st SWTG(A)'s portal looking for a POC to assist. I know there are pipeline students from mulitple nations that come through the door. I just need to find the smart person that has worked this issue to get something of value and it's appropriate for release.

MtnGoat
03-17-2014, 05:53
Jbour13

USASOC FDO sucks balls, we learned this going into PK. SWC DOT-D and whatever they are calling the Ed Group is good but sucks as far as having FDO Approved POIs. The SF Foriegn SFQC is good. This is what I would.

If you want a full FDO then reach out to USASOC FDO and see what they have and if they don't have anything them you talk to them about it. Broken system is what I will say.

2nd look to your maneuver center for what you're wanting. Meaning if your looking for Intelligence classes then email or call the Fort Huachuca intelligence Center of Excellence, same for Benning's Center of Excellence. All have or had POIs for foreign officers and students that come in attend their joint courses. They will gladly send out a CD ROM to you or send you a link that you can then download the classes. Huachuca was great help back in 2008. Surprised the hell out of myself and Bree at what Huachuca was teaching as far as INTEL.

3rd Jump onto the USASOC PORTAL, in the top right search box type in what you are needing. You be surprise at you can find that other USASOC Units has done already.

4th get with your lesson learned person at your HQ. He can look and ask around for what your unit is doing.

Lastly email me and give me details and maybe the PK stuff can be used. If not I'll throw my .02 in what can be done.

Really surprised no one replied with help over this. :mad: :confused:

jbour13
03-17-2014, 18:22
I'll hit you up when I get into work. I'm with the wife and waiting for my son to make his first appearance. I might swing by before the crew departs. Thanks for the input.

MtnGoat
03-17-2014, 19:55
I'll hit you up when I get into work. I'm with the wife and waiting for my son to make his first appearance. I might swing by before the crew departs. Thanks for the input.

We'll Damn a Big CONGRATUATIONS are in order. Can't wait to see the pictures.