PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Who Tamped Conflicts as Afghan Vice President Dies

MtnGoat
03-10-2014, 19:22
Warlord Who Tamped Conflicts as Afghan Vice President Dies

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/afghan-vice-president-ex-northern-alliance-commander-dies.html

Was surprised that I didn't see this here. So a dead warlord or a supporter of the U.S.?

MtnGoat
03-10-2014, 20:49
Well now that throws a little bit of unknown into the pot. Wonder who will rise to the top of his clan and if they will wield the same power and influence with the Tajikis? Might be interesting times ahead in Kabul. We are getting out just in time methinks.

Let's see, what is going here in a few months? Yeah unknown for sure.

Flagg
03-11-2014, 09:18
Well now that throws a little bit of unknown into the pot. Wonder who will rise to the top of his clan and if they will wield the same power and influence with the Tajikis? Might be interesting times ahead in Kabul. We are getting out just in time methinks.

I just got here. I've never seen so little traffic in Kabul. A to B commutes have never been quicker. National holiday apparently again today.

Flagg
03-11-2014, 09:51

Amrullah Saleh, former head of NDS maybe?

MtnGoat
03-11-2014, 18:23
I just got here. I've never seen so little traffic in Kabul. A to B commutes have never been quicker. National holiday apparently again today.

Stay safe brutha.. Few months that quietness will be gone till the fall/winter.