PDA

View Full Version : Tools and database created for GWOT going away?

MtnGoat
03-06-2014, 19:50
Okay saw this asked elsewhere and thought I would throw it in here.

So with OIF closed down and everything moved move to OEF. What do you think is going to happen to the different software, programs, and database setup to track, process, collect and disseminate information?

Meaning what do you think will happen to CIDNE, KnIFE, Palantir and WTI? Will CINDE, KnIFE and others get shelved?

Peregrino
03-06-2014, 20:24
Okay saw this asked elsewhere and thought I would throw it in here.

So with OIF closed down and everything moved move to OEF. What do you think is going to happen to the different software, programs, and database setup to track, process, collect and disseminate information?

Meaning what do you think will happen to CIDNE, KnIFE, Palantir and WTI? Will CINDE, KnIFE and others get shelved?

Nope. They're not going anywhere. Too many opportunities to "repurpose" them to civilian law enforcement use right here in the US. Sorta like all the surplus MRAPs.

MtnGoat
03-07-2014, 05:45
True.. I also see with the DoD that databases that where set up for OIF/OEF and CENTCOM will migrate over to the other COCOMs for their AORs.

Meaning CIDNE, CENTCOM database for OEF. I for see that developer change it to fit the needs of the other COCOMs.

Ya_Veo
06-25-2014, 10:50
You mean to tell me that it's not all going to be rolled into DCGS-A? Blasphemy:munchin!