PDA

View Full Version : SF Motorcycle Club

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 07:12
To all that love to ride bikes and want a club that is more exclusive...

Thanks Joe for the invitation to this site..

We..myself and a couple other FOG's are in the beginning stages of forming a motorcycle club made up of SF past and present personel..

The mission is to get those of us that love to ride a place to go, visit our members in various parts of the country, have charitable events that will provide assistance for children of disabled, MIA, KIA, and POW SF personel and assistance for those of us who have not been as lucky in life. We all have been involved with the March of Dimes....Bikers for Babies program and want to help our own, to enjoy each others company and get together to BS and have a few cold ones... just a few...lol... not too many!!!
We have belonged to other MCs and wanted something that was different from the rest, more exclusive if you will and this is what we came up with...

We are in the organizational stages of this right now... All imput is welcome ..KISS..(keep it simple soldier)..
This will be open to any bike..Harleys to Hondas. We had made up "colors"
The basic SF Insignia with Tabs.. The state of the member (FLORIDA) would be under that and an MC to the lower right. I am in the process of checking the cost of having the SF Crest digitized for the back of a jacket or vest. Seems that would be a very good choice for "colors" as well.... Anything is possible at this point.

If interested, you can post here or write me at my email addy...:

mccormick.bo@worldnet.att.net

You folks have a great day,
be safe..
Bo

Team Sergeant
12-01-2004, 07:28
Welcome Bo!

Great idea. I can see a new "SF Motorcycle Club" forum already!

If there's anything we can do just give a shout. I know there are a few on here with bikes....

"I am in the process of checking the cost of having the SF Crest digitized for the back of a jacket or vest."

Let me see if we can help you with that Bo!

Team Sergeant

QRQ 30
12-01-2004, 07:31
Welcome aboard Bo. Its been a long time. I think the old SF.Com board folded. :cool:

Sacamuelas
12-01-2004, 07:33
Welcome Bo.

Yep, I figure this site's members can help you get started. We have some very talented computer guru's and jacks of all trades.

Motorcycles huh? HEY Reaper.. Where ya at? :D

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 07:43
Thanks Team Sergeant :)
I have already had the crest digitized to the original size and had it embroidered on flashes... Much safer...lol when you don't duck low enough.. I have several holes in my left forehead from those damn little spikes on the original metal ones...

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated... I will call my man and see if he can enlarge what he already has.. today... Would be less expensive that way..

The forum on the MC sounds great....!!!

Catch ya later and thanks again...
Bo

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 07:54
Hey Terry...
It has been awhile..
It took me awhile to get here..huh?...lol
I finally got that boat ready for divin' when ever your ready... ;)
Sinko and I had it out last week...
Hope all is well with you and your family...

Thanks for the welcome from you and everyone else...

Bo

Kyobanim
12-01-2004, 08:02
This one is available up to 14 inches. :cool: And welcome to the board.

Bill Harsey
12-01-2004, 08:06
Welcome aboard Sir.

Roguish Lawyer
12-01-2004, 08:16
Glad to see you finally made it!

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 08:41
Kyobanim......
I just talked to my man and he tells me that the small crest would have to be redone... so...We're talking several hundred $$$ for that.
I see you are in central FL....
Is this done here in bikiniland or elsewhere and is the background (OD) a part of the design, can the crest, by itself without a background, be made up so that it can be shipped and sewn on by the member... in other words..does it have to be embroidered on the jacket? A lot of places don't like working on leather....14 inches WORKS!!! Can I purchase one to show the others ....

Roguish Lawyer...
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not moving as fast as I used to...;)
I was unable to locate...David Oxley... I think he is gone... thanks for the help that you gave me in trying to locate him. The FOGs from Flint and PHK are getting harder and harder to find.

Now...where is RAZOR, GROG, GIRLCOP, COLMURPH and the rest of you...lol???

Have a terrific day..all of ya... gotta scoot...
Bo

NousDefionsDoc
12-01-2004, 09:34
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your club.

Razor
12-01-2004, 10:24
Bo! Welcome aboard, old man! Kyobanim is the digital image guru; if it can be done, he either knows how, or knows who can do it. Has the leg healed up ok?

CPTAUSRET
12-01-2004, 10:59
Welcome aboard, Bo:

As I stated on SOCNET, I think this is a great idea.

Best of luck.

Terry

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 12:54
Hey Greg......
How ya doin'? My leg is doin' pretty good... suffered some nerve damage when they went in to do the second surgery but nothing I can't live with..considering..

You already have a set of the "colors" for the MC.. what do you thinK...those or the crest for the back of vest and jackets? I'm taken a poll...lol
Good to hear from you my freind..All well with the wife and the boys???
That invite that I gave Terry to go divin' still holds for you if we can figure how to do it... ;)
Is that a possiblity for you or are we just blowin' smoke...?

Thanks to everyone once again for the welcome aboard..

Later,
Bo

Kyobanim
12-01-2004, 12:59
Bo, pm coming your way

The Reaper
12-01-2004, 13:17
Welcome aboard, Bo!

I ride, but am an Indy, not a patch wearer.

Obligatory scoot pics below.

TR

BoMcCormick
12-01-2004, 14:46
Gotcha TR...
Thanks for the welcome...
Nice ride man...!!!

Nobody says you gotta be visual...lol
Hope you chose to ride with us...

Later,
Bo

Eagle5US
12-01-2004, 14:55
Greetings Bo!

Glad you made it over. We are all here to help. Glad to have you aboard.

Eagle (Joe)

The Reaper
12-01-2004, 19:47
For those who missed my retirement ceremony and video, and who have a fast connection, this is the clip at the end.

www.curtharmon.com/apps/Goodbye.wmv

TR

hoepoe
12-02-2004, 00:42
For those who missed my retirement ceremony and video, and who have a fast connection, this is the clip at the end.

TR

Very very nice! gotta love the rumble of thunder!

Hoepoe

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 12:20
Very cool Sir, I admit I got goosebumps as you rode by and saluted. Again, my congrats and my thanks.

Turned the volume way up...I love the rumble of a Harley.

The Reaper
12-02-2004, 16:55
That Thunderheader pipe does have a nice tone to it, doesn't it?

TR

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 17:58
Yes it does! Bet it sounds even more impressive "live".

Roguish Lawyer
12-02-2004, 18:02
Must . . . avoid . . . temptation! :D

Kyobanim
12-02-2004, 18:04
Must . . . avoid . . . temptation! :D

Go ahead and do it...she won't mind...you deserve it...

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 18:13
LOL...ok what gives? I'll try not to be too embarrassed.........

Roguish Lawyer
12-02-2004, 18:20
LOL...ok what gives? I'll try not to be too embarrassed.........

I'm sure Razor will be along shortly. LMAO

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 18:22
Tease.

:D

Smokin Joe
12-02-2004, 20:39

TR

Sir did I miss a link to the orginal video?

BTW, Thank you for your service, time, and dedication to this great nation.

BoMcCormick
12-02-2004, 20:52
LOL...
There is nothing wrong with putting a vibrating thing that has it's own life between you legs and just letting it rip............!!!!
Nothin' wrong with telling momma you're gonna go for a ride on Sunday morning cause it just feels good....
Nothing wrong with telling the rest of the world to kiss your a$$ and just enjoy the moment..
I think that is what it is all about...just doin' it....and enjoying every minute...
Has nothing to do with anyone else...just you...the wind .... and your machine,.

Who wrote that anyway???

Temptation...yeah...

Enjoy everyminute of your life...'cause brothers and sisters...it ain't that long..

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 20:59
Excellent! Your post reminds me of the following quote. (actually from a car commercial IIRC)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID IN BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"

BoMcCormick
12-02-2004, 21:04
LOL...
Nothin' wrong with telling the rest of the world to kiss your a$$ and just enjoy the wind in your face, the sound, the feeling of the vibration...the freedom..
I think that is what it is all about...just doin' it....and enjoying every minute...
Has nothing to do with anyone else...just you...the wind .... and your machine,.

Who wrote that anyway???

Temptation...yeah...

Enjoy every minute of your life...'cause it ain't that long..
I never read a tombstone that said "I wish I had spent more time on the job!"
That doesn't apply to Arlington..OK?

Have a great day,
Bo

PS.. Looking for new members...;)

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 21:21
Not sure who wrote that...but I wish you all the best with your club, sounds like fun!

Razor
12-02-2004, 21:39
I'm sure Razor will be along shortly. LMAO

::sigh:: I've been typecast.

Gypsy
12-02-2004, 21:43
::sigh:: I've been typecast.

LOL. And? Curiousity is getting the better of me...! :munchin

::WAIT:: You are not saying what I think you're saying....are you?

ghuinness
12-02-2004, 22:50

TR

Thanks for your service to this Country.
Really appreciate you sharing that video clip.

BoMcCormick
12-03-2004, 07:35
Here's the skinny...
Thanks to all that are helping to put this together.. and Team Daddy thanks for your support and OK on this..

Membership to the SF MC:

Everyone that I have talked to says OK on associate members if they are invited and sponsored by a Tabbed member but will be limited to support personel or members of Special Operations units, judged on an individual basis. The tabbed member who is sponsoring the associate will be responsible for checking out credentials ... Proof of service will be needed for all who join which can be in the form of a copy of the individuals DDform214 if the last duty station is with an SF unit or (somebody bring me up to speed here) DAform20 was the Enlisted Personel Qualification Record and it has been changed and I don't know what it is called now... It showed a persons training, duty stations, and MOS's from beginning of service to separation.. There is also one of those for Commissioned Officers I believe.
This is waived if the person is already a member of SFA or a Chapter of SFA.
Trying to keep this as simple as possible and still be selective.

SF MC COLORS:

The SF Crest is being considered as the club colors. We already have the SF Insignia, Tabbed with SF and Airborne digitized and they have been made but..
think that the crest maybe more suitable for what we are trying to do here.
Cost is a major factor and Curt is contacting the embroidery shop here to see if he can send them the one he already has made up that is perfect in size for what we need. Thanks Curt, your help is greatly appreciated. There has been some discussion from a prospective associate member that he feels like he should not wear the crest since he never served in an SF Unit. There may be a tab that says the State of the home of the member...ie., "Florida" in my case, over the crest and across the back, and under that in a smaller tab "Associate"
Here's the thoughts on the rest of the vest or jacket... Stars and stripes on the front left chest and under that branch of service..ie US ARMY... members unit patch with tabs on upper right chest.. Group flash with crest under that.. the rest of the vest is open to any other medals, qualifications, (jump wings, scuba.etc) or event badges. Obviously there is going to be a cost in all this... Trying to keep it down to around $100 for the membership one time dues to cover the cost of the patches. This is a non profit org...and if there is any money left over...and we hope that we can have some fund raising events....that we can help some folks out that can use some help..

HELP!!
Since we are already a small group...not like HOG (Harley Owners Group) we need to let everyone know that we are looking for riders to join..
otherwise we are going to be a VERY Small MC.. ;) so if you're interested ...
start recruiting.. If you are not a rider and thinking about getting a scooter...go for it. You already have a MC to join. We might even be able to get you a discount on some rides...and accessories.

I stated earlier in my posts what we have in mind for the mission of the MC...

Thanks again all and I will keep you posted on the progress...slow but sure..
Have a great day,
Be safe..

Bo

Mediocre Speed
12-03-2004, 15:09
I'm the guy with the reservations about wearing the crest although I like the club idea. The hell's angels chapter won't take me cause I have a job. I just wanted to avoid the "So if you you weren't SF why the crest?"etc. Though the Associate tab would be fine.

Now about getting a recommendation?....Sneaky?

SOGvet
12-03-2004, 15:19
Gents, For those of you who ride American iron and who'd like a way to show the world that you're SF, you can now install a derby cover or points cover with the SF Crest engraved & painted into it. There's a local aftermarket m/c shop who's owner recently retired from USASOC, and he's taken on the task of getting SF (and 82d ABN) derby and points covers made (for Harleys and bikes with S&S or other similar motors).

He's currently offering derby covers and points covers (2 or 5-hole) in chrome with the SF Crest painted in black, and derby covers (3 or 5-hole) in chrome with the SF Crest painted in black and/or with the SF shoulder patch, complete with Airborne and SF Tabs in blazing color.

I bought a 5-hole SF Crest points cover for my Ultra, and I'm seriously thinking about buying a SF Crest derby cover for my Chopper.

Reaper was given a points cover by the shop's owner as a retirement present. Show 'em a picture, T...

They ain't cheap, but they're first quality parts. If you're interested, contact Bill Mathews at M&M Leather, (910) 487-6151 or 487-6815. You won't be disappointed.

Ride safe, and often.
DOL//cc

The Reaper
12-03-2004, 19:01
I'm the guy with the reservations about wearing the crest although I like the club idea. The hell's angels chapter won't take me cause I have a job. I just wanted to avoid the "So if you you weren't SF why the crest?"etc. Though the Associate tab would be fine.

Now about getting a recommendation?....Sneaky?

For the Angels, or for the SF club? :D

SOGVet, it is indeed a fine part.

Will have to try to shoot a pic of the cover soon and put it up.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
12-03-2004, 19:29
SOGVet, it is indeed a fine part.

Will have to try to shoot a pic of the cover soon and put it up.

This is something other than the 7th Group cover you've displayed before, right?

The Reaper
12-03-2004, 20:52
This is something other than the 7th Group cover you've displayed before, right?

It is a TC 5 hole points cover, not a derby cover!

Sheesh, lawyers!

TR

Mediocre Speed
12-04-2004, 06:20
For the Angels, or for the SF club? :D

TR

Congrats on your retirement Sir. Speaking of a job will you be on Fox or CNN? :) Can you say half?

Huey14
12-04-2004, 06:41
Welcome aboard from New Zealand, Mr McCormick.

Well done on the retirement, TR. Hope you don't get an itchy arse from the change.

The Reaper
12-04-2004, 07:42
Thanks folks.

So far, so good.

Staying in this area, maintaining all contacts.

TR

BoMcCormick
12-04-2004, 12:32
I need to start a list of those that are seriously interested in becoming a member of the MC.

Send your name, address, and phone number to the following email addy so I can put you in the address book for further contact and to be able to have some idea what we are going to need in the way of startup colors, patches, and other things.
I will contact each of you individually for other info...

SpecialForcesMC@att.net

Thanks,
Have a great weekend
Bo

Guy
12-05-2004, 12:52

TR

Thanks again for your service Sir!

BoMcCormick
12-12-2004, 13:25
I'll see if I can attach this artwork...

Can't do it..too large a file...
I'll get back to ya with it...Curt is going to send another file...
Bo

RAT
12-12-2004, 20:59
Thanks again for your service Sir!

Ditto Guy...

TR Thank you for your service. I hope the Civi world is as good to you as the Service side.

As for the Bike club... I am going to be getting another bike up here in CT. Mine is in Houston right now.... Does that matter?

RAT OUT!!! :lifter

The Reaper
12-12-2004, 21:08
MS, Huey, Guy and RAT, thanks much!

TR

BoMcCormick
12-14-2004, 18:12
Yo RAT...
Makes no difference at all where your bike is..
What matters is where your heart is..
Join the club and help us help others..and have some fun doing it..

If you need more information email me..

SpecialForcesMC@att.net

Have a great day, be safe
Bo

SPECIAL FORCES MOTORCYCLE CLUB
Bound by a common mission of brotherhood to help others help themselves.

RAT
12-14-2004, 22:00
Bo,

Shot out!!!

RAT OUT!!! :lifter

BoMcCormick
12-15-2004, 19:44
RAT

You have incoming!!!

Bo

RAT
12-15-2004, 20:45
RAT

You have incoming!!!

Bo

RODGER!!!

RAT OUT!!!

Eagle5US
02-01-2005, 12:11
Gents-the SFMC is now a reality. Memberships are coming in, the colors are completed and being mailed. :lifter
The website is up...

Please shoot me a PM if you want club / website info

All are welcome to come and poke around, I can push the membership info your way at your request. All are encouraged!

I am not going to place a link the SFMC site, bad form.

Eagle

Roguish Lawyer
02-01-2005, 12:17
So I guess I'd better get Bo what I promised him, eh? Will do.

Eagle5US
02-01-2005, 12:21
So I guess I'd better get Bo what I promised him, eh? Will do.
:D
Sounds good!

Eagle

DanUCSB
02-01-2005, 12:33
You mean that this isn't what you're talking about? http://www.sfi-sfmc.org/ :D