PDA

View Full Version : Assistance for Green Salsa

brownapple
02-08-2004, 11:18
This was posted by GS on the military.com boards. Thought I would put it over here as well, since there might be someone who can dig this info up...

Could use a little help here...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does any one know the NSN for the MITCH (not the Kevlar, there is a differance) helmet NVG mount? My supply people say it doesn't exist. They say it is part and parcel of the helmet. Please someone help me prove them wrong.

I would look it up...but am in Afghanistan right now...so I am seperated from my usual sources.

Thanks for your time.

Green

37F5V
02-08-2004, 17:26
I seem to recall my mitch showing up with a piece that you would retro fit to the existing NVG helmet mount. It worked out as a sort of spacer that you screwed in with two allen screws. All of our helmets arrived as a kit so I'm not certain of the NSN for the piece itself. I'll ask the boys in my old det and see if they have any of the paperwork around.

Psywar1-0
02-08-2004, 17:32
Quick thinking as Im sitting here at the puter, isnt there a Pat Rodgers Article on MICH's in the new SWAT mag? Perhaps the Info is there? I saw it but didnt buy at Borders last nite.

Luke

TF Kilo
02-09-2004, 00:16
I am going to do my damndedest to find the NSN today at work.

I should be PMing Mr. Salsa on multiple sites sometime tomorrow.

GreenSalsa
02-09-2004, 17:25
Greenhat, are you trying to make me come here FIRST all the time? Hey I really appreciate the help...Mil.com was looking to be pretty fruitles. The hardest part here is I have limited internet access due to low band width.

My MITCH helmet also came with the NVG mount but, a lot of guys are now getting their helmets after being recycled through the Group Issue Point and they are sans mount.

The supply guys just shrug their shoulders and tell us to bend/alter Kevlar mounts---it just ticks me off that we cant find the right tool, especially when I know they are out there.

Any numbers you could provide I would greatly appreciate...thanks again!

CPTAUSRET
02-09-2004, 17:33
GreenSalsa:

You received your answer, right?

Terry

eggroll
02-09-2004, 19:08
Is there a central Item to NSN lookup tool? If so, could someone post it here and I make a link off my site as well.

While a KPOT harness can work, the result may be less than desirable if not worked correctly.

Thanks!
EGG

IrishEKU
02-10-2004, 05:40
*Edit*