PDA

View Full Version : Jesus will return with an AR-15

mojaveman
02-22-2014, 23:57
Retired LTG William "Jerry" Boykin, now the Family Research Council's executive vice president, says the Son of God will be armed with an AR-15 assualt rifle when he returns, in a speech at the Pro Family Legislation Conference in Dallas.

"The sword today is the AR-15. If you don't have one, go get one. You're supposed to have one; it's biblical."

No problem here Sir, I got mine. :D ;)

http://www.stripes.com/former-general-forget-the-sword-jesus-will-return-with-an-ar-15-1-1.269142

MR2
02-23-2014, 07:44
I'm seeing a whole lot of good people amassing 'metaphors'.

craigepo
02-23-2014, 08:01
I remember a song we used to sing in the back of deuce-and-a-halves, about various Bible heroes and their military exploits. Moses led a river crossing, Jonah was a combat diver, David was a small arms expert, Goliath wore his Kevlar helmet, Moses led an E&E, etc. I don't remember the Messiah being armed...

Box
02-23-2014, 08:55
...to continue the good Generals metaphor of selling your cloak to buy a sword

The price of a "sword" isn't what it used to be. You're going to need to sell a LOT of poncho liners before you have enough for that new sword..

mojaveman
02-23-2014, 12:52
The price of a "sword" isn't what it used to be. You're going to need to sell a LOT of poncho liners before you have enough for that new sword...

:D :D :D

RichL025
02-23-2014, 16:53
I know a lot of people here knew Boykin when he was on AD, and apparently he was pretty well-respected...

But sorry, I gotta say it - this guy is a NUT. He really, really needs to stop talking....

The Reaper
02-23-2014, 18:38
I know a lot of people here knew Boykin when he was on AD, and apparently he was pretty well-respected...

But sorry, I gotta say it - this guy is a NUT. He really, really needs to stop talking....

I worked for him.

I would do it again.

TR

SF_BHT
02-23-2014, 20:47
I worked for him.

I would do it again.

TR

Here here ....

I would toooooo.

He always was a reverent man and now that he is out he can speak even more freely. Many of the quotes in the last years are just parts of his speeches and out of contact they have sounded like he is out there.

He is a Good man and if he called I would show up with my AR in hand.

1stindoor
02-24-2014, 13:52
Same here. When he spoke, it came from a well-grounded set of beliefs...everytime.

miclo18d
02-25-2014, 06:46
I remember a song we used to sing in the back of deuce-and-a-halves, about various Bible heroes and their military exploits. Moses led a river crossing, Jonah was a combat diver, David was a small arms expert, Goliath wore his Kevlar helmet, Moses led an E&E, etc. I don't remember the Messiah being armed...
Moses made a river crossing....you'll make one too! Oh Lord yeah!

And away beyond the blue horizon!

I think Jesus led a 12 man team or something?

steel_eel
02-25-2014, 06:53
You're going to need to sell a LOT of poncho liners before you have enough for that new sword..
I will never part ways with my woobies.

cat in the hat
02-25-2014, 22:03
I will never part ways with my woobies.

until somebody with a "sword" takes them from you

Utah Bob
02-28-2014, 13:47
I have beaten my AR15 into a plowshare. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. ;)

atticus finch
02-28-2014, 21:11
If my understanding of holy scripture is correct, Jesus will not have need of an AR15, given the power at His disposal.

As for the General I don't know the man, perhaps he was simply trying to make a metaphor of some sort & it just didn't come out right.

As for myself, trust in God & keep sufficient ammo on hand.....

orion5
03-01-2014, 10:10
As for the General I don't know the man, perhaps he was simply trying to make a metaphor of some sort & it just didn't come out right.

GEN Boykin travels and speaks a lot. He has a leadership role in Family Research Council, but I believe most of these church events are through his work with Kingdom Warriors Ministries. These events are held at churches in front of a mainly Christian audience. (Calendar) (http://www.kingdomwarriors.net/calendar.php)

IMO it's not that it "didn't come out right." In front of the audience he was speaking to, it was well-received.

Sometimes the transcripts or video are released afterwards. Press members (cough*Esquire*HuffPo*cough) pick up on one or two controversial sentences and go to town with them. When you cherry pick the General's words, good chance people will be outraged.

GEN Boykin spends a lot of time on his Facebook page correcting or clarifying press remarks that were made about him. I feel bad for him because I think people go out of their way to misunderstand him.

Dusty
03-01-2014, 10:14
When you cherry pick the General's words, good chance people will be outraged.

SOP for leftists.

GratefulCitizen
03-01-2014, 10:42
GEN Boykin travels and speaks a lot. He has a leadership role in Family Research Council, but I believe most of these church events are through his work with Kingdom Warriors Ministries. These events are held at churches in front of a mainly Christian audience. (Calendar) (http://www.kingdomwarriors.net/calendar.php)

IMO it's not that it "didn't come out right." In front of the audience he was speaking to, it was well-received.

Sometimes the transcripts or video are released afterwards. Press members (cough*Esquire*HuffPo*cough) pick up on one or two controversial sentences and go to town with them. When you cherry pick the General's words, good chance people will be outraged.

GEN Boykin spends a lot of time on his Facebook page correcting or clarifying press remarks that were made about him. I feel bad for him because I think people go out of their way to misunderstand him.

The general is probably not surprised by how he is treated.

John 15:18-21

orion5
03-01-2014, 12:38
The general is probably not surprised by how he is treated.

I agree with you. I should have added the General does not need my sympathy. He's a warrior and believes he's doing the right thing. ;)

cowboy117
03-03-2014, 14:05
...to continue the good Generals metaphor of selling your cloak to buy a sword

The price of a "sword" isn't what it used to be. You're going to need to sell a LOT of poncho liners before you have enough for that new sword..

When you see what some surplus stores are charging for poncho liners, you might not need to sell that many...

badshot
03-03-2014, 19:32

aahh, but he was...very much so