PDA

View Full Version : FOIA - DEA constructs two chains of evidence to hide surveillance programs

badshot
02-04-2014, 00:57
"Drug Enforcement Administration training documents released to MuckRock user C.J. Ciaramella show how the agency constructs two chains of evidence to hide surveillance programs from defense teams, prosecutors, and a public wary of domestic intelligence practices."

The NSA and their minions (agencies, thousands of companies, and countries...) could never pass domestic information to the DEA, ooops, forgot they work with one another. That's just for overseas stuff...

Link to all the FOIA correspondence and the couple hundred documents provided:

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/dea-policies-on-parallel-construction-6434/#1011382-responsive-documents

Link to Summary Article with links to above:

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/feb/03/dea-parallel-construction-guides/

Parallel Construction, smells like a golf course at night in florida, lots of sulfur.

Pete
02-04-2014, 05:26
So if they are put on the stand and asked under oath "Have you provided all evidence to the defense?" They can lie and get away with it.

If you or I did that we would be.......

miclo18d
02-04-2014, 06:40
This has always been the problem with the FISA courts and the information provided under the Patriot Act. The original purpose was to stop a terrorist attack using information that we wouldn't necessarily be able to use in court; stopping a 9/11 event is much better than convicting the perps for it.

The FBI had agents with access to the "All Seeing Eye", but they couldn't give the extraneous info to fellow agents to say, stop 3 tons of coke coming into the country because the information was obtained "illegally"!

Here it seems those agents are giving hints to field agents to gather the evidence they need thereby going around the need for a warrant for the illegally obtained information. This seems to be a guide book on how to circumvent the 4th amendment.

We are on some slippery ground here fellas!

badshot
02-04-2014, 12:11
If you or I did that we would be.......

Prejury for ten bucks please!

I personally don't like the fact they are using NSA/CIA (and other Intelligence Community folks) inside the U.S. and using it for law enforcement tool. Notice how they use a Prohibition Case...that worked out well.

Taint Review Team sounds like a cleaning crew to me as well...