PDA

View Full Version : This is how we teach our young....

MAB32
01-30-2014, 19:08
I am not sure what the complete view is here but I know this isn't a way to teach our children to stay in school.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHpMUYeznQ

Macavity
02-02-2014, 00:06
Dumb. More of the shock and awe attempt to reach the plebes, but fails to connect people with reality. What is the message here, "Stay in school so you can learn to plan a safe vacation!"? Remember the video of the children and others executing those who question global warming?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR73mcZW7B4

More of the same

Richard
02-02-2014, 08:10
It's promoted by a foundation out of Western Australia pushing kids to stay in school. I guess they're using a bit of exaggeratedly gruesone shock and awe to point out the dangers of 'killing time' or some such message. Who knows? Personally, I think they missed the mark on this one and suspect the young film makers were striving more for the personal attention generated from it 'going viral' on the Internet than the message they claim to be promoting.

And so it goes...

Richard

MAB32
02-02-2014, 12:09
And here I thought "killing time" was a privilege of youth.

Streck-Fu
02-02-2014, 13:01
According to the advert at the end, it was an commercial for the narrating band's Christmas special....

+1 on the viral attention rather than message...

Mills
02-02-2014, 13:11
Epic.

Not so much for the stay in school aspect, but I was thinking about it.............Geez, this is teaching our kids that skipping school is ok, littering is ok, trespassing is ok................and then............boom.